Australian Holiday Visa For Thai Wife

My wife of 6 years and I are thinking about returning to Australia to visit family and friends and do some sight seeing early next year. My wife has been to Australia with me before, once as my girl friend and again as my wife. It's 5 years now since her last visa, she has no permanent job or personal income so I'll be totally supporting her in her stay in Australia if a visa is granted. We plan to go for 3 months, so given the above information which visa application form is appropiate for her. Thanks.

My wife of 6 years and I are thinking about returning to Australia to visit family and friends and do some sight seeing early next year. My wife has been to Australia with me before, once as my girl friend and again as my wife. It's 5 years now since her last visa, she has no permanent job or personal income so I'll be totally supporting her in her stay in Australia if a visa is granted. We plan to go for 3 months, so given the above information which visa application form is appropiate for her. Thanks.

Unless you have someone who can sponsor her for a 679 visa then it is the 676 visa

The answers havent changed since your last enquiry

Subclass 676 tourist visa.

Visa application fee is AUD$105 (THB2800).

Application Form 48R which can be downloaded from the DIAC website.

Application can be submitted to VFS in BKK, or you can send directly to the Embassy and avoid the VFS admin fee.

Important - she will need to have adequate funds or 'access' to adequate funds to support herself for the purpose and duration of her proposed visit. If you are providing that support, which I assume you are, then you must include a 'letter of support' outlining the support you will be offering her, financial, accomodation etc. It is also important thay you include supporting documentation that evidences your ability to provide that support.

Application can be submitted to VFS in BKK, or you can send directly to the Embassy and avoid the VFS admin fee.

Important - she will need to have adequate funds or 'access' to adequate funds to support herself for the purpose and duration of her proposed visit. If you are providing that support, which I assume you are, then you must include a 'letter of support' outlining the support you will be offering her, financial, accomodation etc. It is also important thay you include supporting documentation that evidences your ability to provide that support.

I'm sorry I didn't mention the fact that my wife was refused a tourist visa for her third application which was 18 months after her first application. The official letter stated that her visa had been refused on one or more of the following clauses but no specifics as to which clause/clauses she failed. she was also told that she wouldn't be considered for a tourist visa again and her only option was a spouse visa. I tried to explain that if we were going to live in Australia she would apply for a spouse visa but in this case we have no intentions of living in Australia so why would a tourist visa be considered inappropiate. Of course the Thai staff at the Australian immigration office wouldn't listen to a word I said, my wife passes all the qualifying clauses, so what's the problem , I sense that they considered the first two visas and the application for the third visa were to close together, if that's the case why didn't give me a straight out answer instead of an official letter full of legal mumbo jumbo.

I'm sorry I didn't mention the fact that my wife was refused a tourist visa for her third application which was 18 months after her first application. The official letter stated that her visa had been refused on one or more of the following clauses but no specifics as to which clause/clauses she failed. she was also told that she wouldn't be considered for a tourist visa again and her only option was a spouse visa. I tried to explain that if we were going to live in Australia she would apply for a spouse visa but in this case we have no intentions of living in Australia so why would a tourist visa be considered inappropiate. Of course the Thai staff at the Australian immigration office wouldn't listen to a word I said, my wife passes all the qualifying clauses, so what's the problem , I sense that they considered the first two visas and the application for the third visa were to close together, if that's the case why didn't give me a straight out answer instead of an official letter full of legal mumbo jumbo.

Mate,

You've been given your answer.

S/c 676 unless she has a relative

in Oz.

No point in rehashing all of the other

stuff that's been discussed before.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27