Money Transfer From Abroad To Purchase Real-estate

Hi,

I am interested to purchase an apartment in Bangkok and heard that I can not use the money that I have here at my personal bank account, but I need it to be transferred from abroad into my account.

Is this true?

Most of the money I have (which is much more than what the apartment costs) was transferred from abroad to my personal bank account, but in small sums every time ($10k - $15k per time), would that be sufficient? or do I need to transfer the whole amount in 1-transfer? Is there anything else important that I should know?

TIA for any help!

Hi,

I am interested to purchase an apartment in Bangkok and heard that I can not use the money that I have here at my personal bank account, but I need it to be transferred from abroad into my account.

Is this true?

Most of the money I have (which is much more than what the apartment costs) was transferred from abroad to my personal bank account, but in small sums every time ($10k - $15k per time), would that be sufficient? or do I need to transfer the whole amount in 1-transfer? Is there anything else important that I should know?

TIA for any help!

Those amounts are too small to be able to get a Foreign Exchane Transfer Form (FETF) from the bank but you will be able to get a Bai Rap Rong for each transfer and those may be acceptable at the land office for the condo purchase, you'll have to check with the land office first though.

Also the sales value declared at the land office may not be the full amount you are paying for the condo and you only need the FETF / BRR to cover the declared amount.

Hi,

Is this true?

TIA for any help!

Best thing to do is get copies of all transfers from branch where account located. Ask local branch where you get FETF issued.

I had similar situation with Bangkok Bank and they said no problem. Branch called ahead to make sure multiple transfers were not problem and then gave me bank address and office name to have FETF issued. I never followed through because condo deal fell through.