How Can I Back Out Of Firefox 3.5.3

astral

I seem to be getting all kinds of random problems since I upgraded to Firefox 3.5.3.

Today it was displaying a page, without an address at the top of the page,

and no forward or back buttons.

A few days ago I list the Status Bar at the bottom of the page.

Unfortunately I just let FF upgrade, without keeping an old image of the install file.

A BIG MISTAKE

The last version where I have an install file is 2.0.14 which is last year.....

Any ideas

Thanks

Where did you find the 3.5.2 version.

I already use FEBE, but when I uninstalled and then installed the older version all my book marks were still there,

without invoking FEBE. :)

This problem is not unique to version 3.5.3. Every version I have used develops glitches over time. Yesterday I uninstalled Firefox and all my settings. I reinstalled 3.5.3 and everything is working great again. It doesn't take that long and as far as I am concerned, Firefox is worth the effort.

NOTE - If you don't do a total uninstall including your settings, it won't do any good.

As a side note, the new Chrome crashes often and the latest Safari has problems loading script. IE 8 actually works the best if you can handle the slow speed.

I am using Windows 7 but the Firefox problems existed with XP Pro too.

Older versions of Firefox are likely security risks so I would not go back.

Believe that window without forward/bank is when you click a tab and move it a bit - comes up as a new window. Have only had it happen a few times and believe it was in previous versions.

I seem to be having all of the above listed problems too. Could someone tell me how to see what version of Firefox I am running. I have looked in all the obvious (to me) places, but can't seem to find the information.

Apparently nobody knows the answer to your question.

I wouldn't place the blame entirely on Firefox itself... Check your add-ons + extensions!

Poorly written extensions account for most of the problems in Firefox.

Check your Firefox version number by clicking Help >> About Mozilla Firefox

Same here, 3.5.3 seems to be very buggy.

Takes ages to load, and the main problem I have is that sometimes tabs disappear or change into new windows.

Also looking to revert back...

No problems with 3.5.3 here either. The "tabs into windows" thing is supposed to be a feature, but is apparently annoying enough people that a plugin has been made to disable it: "bug489729" (yes that's the plugin's name)

I seem to be having all of the above listed problems too. Could someone tell me how to see what version of Firefox I am running. I have looked in all the obvious (to me) places, but can't seem to find the information.

Don't know whether your question has been answered already but, if not, go to top of page and click 'Help' and at bottom of list 'About Mozilla Firefox'--should show which version you are using.

Oh shit--I'm ever alert--sorry, just seen Supernova has already give the info.

Edited by haybilly

• 3 weeks later...

I'm another having problems with 3.5.3 keeps crashing wanting to reboot, a pain in the arse when trying to book plane seats etc. Only have 3 addons which I've disabled, didn't help.

Will try a fresh install first.

Could someone tell me how to see what version of Firefox I am running.

Click on "Help"/"About Mozilla Firefox". You should see the version you have running.

Edit: Sorry, hadn't read the entire thread before answering.

Edited by klikster

Here is the problem I am having.

When I go to "organize bookmarks", only 3 out of about 100 of "unsorted bookmarks" come up. Which makes it difficult to organize those unsorted ones and put them into folders.

:)

In the "Organize Bookmarks" window, look in the left pane. Open "All Bookmarks" then click on "Bookmarks Menu"

no probs here using 3.5.3

several add-on, and tons of (media-related) plug-ins, all running and working fine.

the only (relatively minor) problem I have is that Roboform is not yet compatible.

Firefox uses relatively more memory than IE6 . If you have trouble with firefox can you specify how old your computer is ? Your RAM and Processor Speed ?

I came across the greying out of the address bar and the tabs when my computer ran out of RAM and the computer is running at 100 % , the computer is very underpowered with a celeron and 1GB ram . If you have a old computer try running a latest browser which uses less resources like Midori or Arora all of them are based on Webkit and uses very low memory .

Had lot of issues with 3.5.3. Same as others, took long time to start and getting stuck or crashing all the time...

But now it seems Mozilla is on top of it already. Just downloaded "security and stability update" which seems to be new version 3.5.4 and everything is ok for now. Starts really fast and pages seem to load much faster as well !

Release from about menu shows: "rv:1.9.1.4 Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4"

Worth of trying before downgrading to previous versions.