New Honda Vfr V5

visions

Honda's way of the future..... Official release on Oct 7

Honda VFR 1000 V5......Engine developed from last years Moto GP engine.

Frameless......front and rear ends hung off the engine

ABS Braking by wire. (no hydraulic lines)

Push button gear change.

With Honda apparently having set up several new production lines in Thailand.....one for the VTR 250... is it too much to dream that the VFR is being made here? Makes a lot of commercial sense

Maybe a V3 500?? to come??? Make sense too with Moto GP replacing the 250 2 smoker class with 500cc 4 strokers.

post-78830-1254598071_thumb.jpg

Wouldn't it be a V3 600.....(1000/5 is 200)?

Two front cylinders and a single rear cylinder would be just about perfect for a nice slim bike.

Yes sure......Correct. I agree. But to fit the Moto GP 500 class wouldnt they sleave the bore of shorten the stroke slighty or both??

Stunner! The VFR 750, 800, 1000 and now 1200 remain some of the most capable sport touring bikes of all time. Have always received rave reviews and are noted for their impeccable finish and build quality. (Personally I feel that with the VFR 1200 Honda has sacrificed sport in favor of tour though...) The chances any VFR being built in Thailand in our lifetime is slim to none.

Hi guys,

Did not see posted prior, ran accross; He does discuss cylinder placement on VFR4 in little detail. Any idea if this will be coming to LOS this upcoming Spring. Thnx

AP Honda has put their Big Bike plans on indefinite hold for Thailand citing the economic recession on their website. (Interestingly I see they've now removed the Big Bike link from their homepage altogether...) http://www.aphonda.co.th/honda2008/

The Honda Big Wing Showroom in Bangkok is shuttered as well... Too bad- I really wish Honda would enter the Thai market, but seems it won't happen any time soon...

Drool. This is a BEAUTIFUL bike with so many innovations. I would love to see it in Thailand, but I agree with BigBikeBKK that the chances of it are slim to none. The big bike market in Thailand I don't think is really enough for a player like Honda to try and push it. It is nice to dream however.