Chomdoi Condotel

khunphil

Hi,

I am looking for a new appartment for rent, around 6/7KB /month, with a "normal" electricity rate. I have seen some, visiting some, and my preferences went to Chomdoi Condotel, not the round one, but the other one.

Rooms are from 5.500 to 6.000 and reasonable size (around 37-40). Some are in angle with a full view on mountains + CNX.

Internet is wireless 4M (did not yet tested it)... Swimming pool is small but I dont care too much.

I used to live in a house, but I have to move and I wanna try an appartment... just dont wanna feel like in jail.

Anyone of you, Thaivisa members know this place ... any weak points I did not see before choosing this place ?

Thanks if you can help ...

I have been a few times to Chomdoi as I wanted to buy some condos. I am talking about 3/4 years back. Every time I went, I got a confirmation of what many people told me: very noisy coz a lot of young people/students - quiet dirty for the same reason - very busy all time (day and night) - no good maintenance/management etc.. At 7.000 Baht, I can give you a nice studio (46 sqm) with river and Doi Suthep view. Nice pool, WiFi, security etc etc. Mail: << Use PM >> Regards.

Edited by thaiphoon
E-mail addy removed per forum rules.

I stayed both in the rectangle one and circle one. I would say the circle shaped one is much nicer. The other one can have funky smells.

You will be able to find one with a tiny kitchen in it for your price. I think I paid a total of 7k with utilities included.

if you want internet in the circle one, there is a guy on first floor i believe who can set you up. It was the best internet I had in three years of living in Chiang Mai...

Forgot to mention that atleast 1-2 times a month the electricity will go out, so living 10 floors up sucks...

Edited by BlackArtemis

• 2 weeks later...

After visiting many places, and some are really nice, I would prefer to stay around Riverside Condo or Galae Thong. Thanks for all people who helped me.

Galae Thong seems to have a bad Internet connexion. But some apartments are really nice. Anybody confirm ?

Riverside Condo is full for a new TT&T line so I have to find a condo WITH phone line inside. Some apartments are renovated, some are really old. The ones with logia AND windows are interesting (46sqm).

Of course, fully furnished is my main concern. Anybody knows some good places there (6-7K) ?

Philippe

After visiting many places, and some are really nice, I would prefer to stay around Riverside Condo or Galae Thong. Thanks for all people who helped me.

Galae Thong seems to have a bad Internet connexion. But some apartments are really nice. Anybody confirm ?

Riverside Condo is full for a new TT&T line so I have to find a condo WITH phone line inside. Some apartments are renovated, some are really old. The ones with logia AND windows are interesting (46sqm).

Of course, fully furnished is my main concern. Anybody knows some good places there (6-7K) ?

Philippe

I have a room for 7k fully furnished at Supanich Condo near the rail station - forget ChomDoi in my opinion. Depends how long you want it - it's rare any farang will rent you less than a years contract for many obvious reasons.

I have a room for 7k fully furnished at Supanich Condo near the rail station - forget ChomDoi in my opinion. Depends how long you want it - it's rare any farang will rent you less than a years contract for many obvious reasons.

Hi

Thanks, but this time I really would like to be closer to downtown. I know this building, thanks for your help.

Philippe