90 Day Report By Mail To Korat

…I may be visiting tomorrow, will update later.

If you are reading this before you go, please print out this map and help me place the immigration office correctly on it.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&sou...mp;t=h&z=17

Also, if you have a digital camera, I would be glad if you could take a picture and post it here. The full mailing address and phone and fax numbers would also be appreciated.

--

Maestro

Anyone have any news on postal address for 90 days at ex Korat.....now CC

I went this past Monday 10/5 to do my 90 day report at the new Chok Chai Imm office. Since it is a long way for me I asked if I could do future 90 day reports by mail.

I was told "90 day reports COULD NOT be done by mail. However, a friend or family member could bring my passport and paperwork an do the 90 day report for me."

…I may be visiting tomorrow, will update later.

If you are reading this before you go, please print out this map and help me place the immigration office correctly on it.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&sou...mp;t=h&z=17

It's pretty much where you put the marker, but that image is a little old as there are many more buildings in that area now. Just slow down as soon as you see the Toyota sign, as the Imm Office is set back a little bit just after a row of shops and you can't see it until you are right on top of it.

I got the same 'no post reporting' response, so I didn't bother making a note of the address, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Well....I called in here the other day and dropped in my 90 day, as opposed to the fuc_k em desire, I decided to drop it in as we were passing within 30k or so anyway and I wanted to get a re entry visa just in case.

I would have to say this place is way out nowhere, a little blue double shophouse in the sticks.

Think they are trying to tell us something.

I would also have to say that I was very impressed by the staff, there was a girl at entry who greeted us in near perfect english, asked what we wanted, directed us to the correct number and desk etc.

Then the gent that did my re entry, he was excellent.

All staff were full of smiles and joking.

I asked about mailing in the 90 day, he said no cannot now, but in the future will be able to, they just setting up and getting orgganised for everything.

One of the girls at the front desk has a huge rack also....cute.

I left, wondering how long this pleasant attitude would last after they are dealing with some of the bottom of the barrel foreigners and locals alike in there. Farang with miserable attitudes will surely drain the smiles away over time.

They are probably looking forward to our next return, think we would have been the handsomest couple and kids they would have seen in there yet.

Well done.

Passing by with the family and dropped in, impressed by the welcome :D

Great to bring the kids in also ( I have done it but at the old office on Mittrapharp) :D

Comment on the internet to the world that there is a girl with huge racks while you visit the place with your family. :)

Actually, I stand corrected as you dont state if you are married or not. Sorry.

fuc_k em, I am mailing it.

Send it in by EMS so you can track delivery.

exacery

What exactly is exacery?

View any Immigration office anywhere in the world with the contempt that you are implying and what would you expect to receive,exacery?

…I would have to say this place is way out nowhere, a little blue double shophouse in the sticks…

Would you be so kind as to look at this map and tell me if my placemark is pointing to the correct building for the immigration office?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...01eab7f9c08c469

There are two buildings with blue roofs to the East of a petrol station and I am not sure in which of these two buildings the immigration office is.

--

Maestro

…I would have to say this place is way out nowhere, a little blue double shophouse in the sticks…

Would you be so kind as to look at this map and tell me if my placemark is pointing to the correct building for the immigration office?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...01eab7f9c08c469

There are two buildings with blue roofs to the East of a petrol station and I am not sure in which of these two buildings the immigration office is.

--

Maestro

I don't think it is any of the houses with blue roofs. Rather the first of the two rowhouses with gray roofs just before the dirtroad going south into the bush.

I was there last Friday and I knew I was too far to the West when I came to that dirtroad. I took the small dirtlane parallell to the main road back and immediately saw the black sign announcing that here is the NorthEastern Immigration Office.

Look for the house with the sign and a heap of cars parked in front !

Don't forget to bring your own pen !

In that case suspect the white roof building must be the PTT station and the complex with blue roof or that adjacent to it the truck dealership.

Can anyone else confirm the exact Immigration building? Can't read signs on Google (yet).

Must be very old scan...where is the toyota shop and the ptt station ??

Also shows the blue roof as nothing on either side, there is a row of shophouses there now, several, 2 restaurants next to the Imm shop.

You dont need google anyway, easy to spot, basically right between ptt and toyota, head for toyota and you will not miss it.

What exactly is exacery?

View any Immigration office anywhere in the world with the contempt that you are implying and what would you expect to receive,exacery?

Contempt ?? Really.

Nothing wrong with expecting some simple service, service that is available elsewhere, but through general stooopidity it is not in some.

More people should have some balls and stand up....exacery as I did when they screwed or tried to with my support of a thai child visa last year.

Contempt ?? Really.

Nothing wrong with expecting some simple service, service that is available elsewhere, but through general stooopidity it is not in some.

More people should have some balls and stand up....exacery as I did when they screwed or tried to with my support of a thai child visa last year.

Yes !! Stand up to them ! Show some 'balls'! How dare they do this to us foreigners in THEIR country !! How DARE they show some stooooopidty towards us !!

In MY country I would DEMAND better service !!

Do us all a favour Mr. Waffle and get off your high horse.

Edited by Phatcharanan

I wonder how many other unmarried under 50yo parents on here are on the support of a Thai child visa ??

Makes no difference if you are under or over 50. The requirements are the same.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

The requirements are the same no matter how old you are.

The rules are here. Police Order 2008. 2.18(5)

2.18 In the case of a family

member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child

of his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.