Unofficial Thai Visa Pissup - 18 Oct 2009

britmaveric

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great night. Good to meet new faces, ended up soi cowboy (as if we wouldn't go there ) last thing i remember was sitting in a soi bar listening to geekfreaklover

singing and playing guitar. don't know where the guitar came from, pretty sure he didnt bring it with him, I think..

Great night. Good to meet new faces, ended up soi cowboy (as if we wouldn't go there ) last thing i remember was sitting in a soi bar listening to geekfreaklover

singing and playing guitar. don't know where the guitar came from, pretty sure he didnt bring it with him, I think..

Sounds like I missed a good night. But I am sure I feel better today than all of you. :)

The worrying thing is I wouldn't have recalled playing a streetside gig if you had not of mentioned it!!

Met some great people, Brian made a great chicken Korma. Good night had by all., :)

Great evening indeed, but I'm glad we didn't relocate after the soi bar. Cleaning lady kicked me out of my room an hour ago, who knows how long I'd have slept if she hadn't. Good to meet you all!

yep rejecting my idea of spice club at 2am or was that 3am? was a vey very good idea; had a hair of soi dog to make it through today. Think it was the tequila at that "very special" bar GFL took us too that did the damage

Edited by zorro1

Great evening indeed, but I'm glad we didn't relocate after the soi bar. Cleaning lady kicked me out of my room an hour ago, who knows how long I'd have slept if she hadn't. Good to meet you all!

yep rejecting my idea of spice club at 2am or was that 3am? was a vey very good idea; had a hair of soi dog to make it through today. Think it was the tequila at that "very special" bar GFL took us too that did the damage

I think I probably made the right decision to exit when I did. :)

That curry was indeed very good, so good in fact that I took some home in a doggie bag :D

And thanks for the drinks George.

A free curry, a free T-shirt and I only spent about 400 baht all night on drinks.

Don't forget the 150 BAHT ATM fee though. :)

Unofficial Thai Visa Pissup - 18 Oct 2009 (Sun)

When: Sunday 18th Oct 2009 7PM - ???????

Where: Cross Bar, Sukhumvit Soi 23 Bangkok , Thailand

Why: Meet your fellow TV members :D

:D:):D:P:D:D

Anyways thought this was a good opportunity to get out and meet some fellow TV members and socialize. Cross Bar is a great venue - well known sports bar, restaurant and pub. Also a hop, skip and a jump from Soi Cowboy. :P Please all those interested please sign below and look forward to seeing you on the 18th Oct. :D

More on the Cross Bar: http://www.thecrossbarbangkok.com/home.htm

Soi 23, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110

Tel:02-6643399

Map: http://www.thecrossbarbangkok.com/images66/bigmap.html

24a.jpg

Attendee(s):

britmaveric

MrToad

BIGTOE3

scoopyboobies

elsie

brit great to meet you and thanks for organizing a brilliant night :D

A Great night out, thanks to all who attended, met some really nice people, when are we having another one ?

A big thank you to Brian and Tuk for putting on a great curry and of course to George for the drinks.

BT :)

I agree, it was very nie vening and it was nice to see George there and the drinks were appreciated.

The curry was very good, so I am looking forward to that going on the regular menu.

Look forward to the next one.

That curry was indeed very good, so good in fact that I took some home in a doggie bag :D

A free curry, a free T-shirt and I only spent about 400 baht all night on drinks.

Don't forget the 150 BAHT ATM fee though. :)

I forgot about that.

A small price to pay for a good night out though, or at least it would be if I didn't have a Thai bank account.

Don't forget the 150 BAHT ATM fee though. :D

:):D:D Mr T you are on the wind up again :D but I like it.....

BT :D

Cheers everyone - good to finally meet those that showed up. I think in all it was a brilliant night out. My apologies for showing up late I was engaged with Elsie and Scoopyboobies having quite a few drinks at the Black Swan hence the start early comment. :D

Cheers to Brian for hosting the event and the delicious curry. :) The bar staff were brilliant and never allowed us to go thirsty for long.

I appreciate the surprise appearance by George and Webfacts. Ta for the drinks and always good to see TV management show at even the Unofficial Events, :D

Khun Toad and Bigtoe3 - great lads all around and appreciate the chat we had. Still hoping I win back the dosh I lost to you last season. :D

Nidge +1 - great couple and they hung around to the end till we were unceremoniously booted from Soi Cowboy. Pleasure to meet both of you and Nidge you got a real gem there.

Steve and I decided to check other venues, but all were pretty much closed. Last attempt was Nana Bar - normally they sell bottles in the parking lot, and last night was no exception. :D Anyways managed to call it a night after the hunt for the last beer and had an epic lie in today, Feel fighting fit for another round tonight. :D

FletchSmile\Onnutter - brilliant lads and wanted to give you thanks for the drinks. Sorry about starting the Sambuca shots - sure that put most of us over the top. :D

Cheers everyone - good to finally meet those that showed up. I think in all it was a brilliant night out. My apologies for showing up late I was engaged with Elsie and Scoopyboobies having quite a few drinks at the Black Swan hence the start early comment. :D

Cheers to Brian for hosting the event and the delicious curry. :) The bar staff were brilliant and never allowed us to go thirsty for long.

I appreciate the surprise appearance by George and Webfacts. Ta for the drinks and always good to see TV management show at even the Unofficial Events, :D

Khun Toad and Bigtoe3 - great lads all around and appreciate the chat we had. Still hoping I win back the dosh I lost to you last season. :D

Nidge +1 - great couple and they hung around to the end till we were unceremoniously booted from Soi Cowboy. Pleasure to meet both of you and Nidge you got a real gem there.

Steve and I decided to check other venues, but all were pretty much closed. Last attempt was Nana Bar - normally they sell bottles in the parking lot, and last night was no exception. :D Anyways managed to call it a night after the hunt for the last beer and had an epic lie in today, Feel fighting fit for another round tonight. :D

FletchSmile\Onnutter - brilliant lads and wanted to give you thanks for the drinks. Sorry about starting the Sambuca shots - sure that put most of us over the top. :D

Good morning Britmav. Nice of you to join us.

A pleasure to meet you Brit, and I hope you have a great trip. Make sure that when you are in BKK next that you let us lot know.

Must admit I had to have a 'recovery pint' today.

Look forward to the next get-together.

Thanks to George for buying some rounds and thanks for Brian who put on a curry fitting of a man wearing military medals.

GFL.

It was better than Brits "I love Howard" badge. :)

Will be in for the football at the weekend mate, if you are around.