Unofficial Thai Visa Pissup - 18 Oct 2009

britmaveric

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit I had to have a 'recovery pint' today.

Look forward to the next get-together.

Thanks to George for buying some rounds and thanks for Brian who put on a curry fitting of a man wearing military medals.

GFL.

It was better than Brits "I love Howard" badge. :)

Will be in for the football at the weekend mate, if you are around.

Yeah I'll be there Saturday. You gotta love smoking pubs. :D

Yeah I'll be there Saturday. You gotta love smoking pubs. :)

I'll be there on Saturday as it is Wolves as the early game, but we'll behaving a meet up for the footie mob on the Sunday as it is the Man Utd v Liverpool match as well.

Hmm, I do recall that there were some photographs being taken Sunday night. If so why not post them on this thread. I could use a smile today/ !

You probably don't want to see them mate, not a pretty picture I imagine. :)

Especially if they are the ones when he was busking. :D

Hmm, I do recall that there were some photographs being taken Sunday night. If so why not post them on this thread. I could use a smile today/ !

You probably don't want to see them mate, not a pretty picture I imagine. :)

Especially if they are the ones when he was busking. :D

What you saying man?>That busking footage could sell for thousands on eBay (thousands of Lao kip that is) :D !

The smart ones among us like to save our money for beer and smokes....not fork it over to greedy Thai banks... :D

Well done. :)

here's a thought for any budding farang entrepreneur vis-a-vis the 150 baht concerns. With Aon apparently the only one's offering free withdrawls, if I owned a pub restaurant I would be calling them to get one installed. :D

Edit to add - I hear that next year free withdrawls at AON Atms will only be for UTD supporters. Sorry Mr. BJ and others..

Edited by bkkjames

The smart ones among us like to save our money for beer and smokes....not fork it over to greedy Thai banks... :D

here's a thought for any budding farang entrepreneur vis-a-vis the 150 baht concerns. With Aon apparently the only one's offering free withdrawls, if I owned a pub restaurant I would be calling them to get one installed. :D

Edit to add - I hear that next year free withdrawls at AON Atms will only be for UTD supporters. Sorry Mr. BJ and others..

Sorry James, you also forgot to mention smokers who will also get the free withdrawals. :D

Maybe Dave and Brian will get those AON machines in place soon.

Sorry James, you also forgot to mention smokers who will also get the free withdrawals. :D

Maybe Dave and Brian will get those AON machines in place soon.

I think JFC would tolerate a little second hand smoke to save 150 baht

Was me an britmaverick till the end searchin for a beer as the police closed everywere down. i didnt get back till 10am the next morning but yeh looking forward to next 1. ill ask howard miller if he can attend, true leg end him!

Stevymac don't tell me you were looking for a free AEON ATM until 10.00am ? :)

BT :D

I don't know James, it's the principal of it. :)

NO... re smoking... it's the health of it...or more specifically... the bad health of it (being inhaling second hand smoke).

and NO, re ATMs.... it's not the "principal" of it... it's the MONEY of it.....

I like to keep mine and enjoy myself when I spend it... not piss it away to a Thai bank ATM... Surely, you guys (those who use Thai ATMs with foreign cards) must be able to figure out something better to do with your 150 bahts than throw them away...

It's also painfully obvious to me now that all that cigarette smoke is not only polluting your lungs but your brains as well... For the record, since it's been repeatedly missed in posts above... it is AEON ATMs... not AON... AON is a risk management and reinsurance company.... I don't believe they're in the ATM business.

Surely they teach spelling in British schools...sometime...right???

And I do believe you mean "principle" not "principal" :D

NO... re smoking... it's the health of it...or more specifically... the bad health of it (being inhaling second hand smoke).

I like to keep mine and enjoy myself when I spend it... not piss it away to a Thai bank ATM... Surely, you guys (those who use Thai ATMs with foreign cards) must be able to figure out something better to do with your 150 bahts than throw them away...

It's also painfully obvious to me now that all that cigarette smoke is not only polluting your lungs but your brains as well... For the record, since it's been repeatedly missed in posts above... it is AEON ATMs... not AON... AON is a risk management and reinsurance company.... I don't believe they're in the ATM business.

Well put JFC. You remind of a lady I used to date back in the old country. She would travel 15 miles to save 1.50 on her shopping. Spent more on gas to get there and back - but it was the principle.

AON not a bank? I thought they had to be with the money they are throwing around on shirt sponsorhip... :D

post-22903-1256118254.jpg

Edited by bkkjames

By the way, since you guys have started cross-pollinating threads here (just in case some of you don't know what that means, you can PM me for an explanation... :D ), I hope you all read TV member Jim Gant's fine analysis showing that....

In essence, using a no-fee ATM card and ATMs at both ends, your home country and here in Thailand, is pretty much the absolute most cost effective to move funds into Thailand -- almost always, better than even free or low cost international wires, because you're getting a better exchange rate via the ATM...

For those of you capable of reading, you can find Jim's fine post right here.... :):D:D

James James... when will you get your head out of footie and live in the real world...

And...re your comment, I don't travel any extra to accommodate my ATM habits... The placement of AEON ATMs happens to fit very nicely with my travel and out-and-about habits...

Well put JFC. You remind of a lady I used to date back in the old country. She would travel 15 miles to save 1.50 on her shopping. Spent more on gas to get there and back - but it was the principle.

AON not a bank? I thought they had to be with the money they are throwing around on shirt sponsorhip... :D

Now, now JFC I hope you are not becoming a grammar/spelling policeman as well. :D

As it used to say in my school reports "must try harder". I'll try and do better in future, just for you. :D

No... but... Siam Paragon does have an AEON ATM (in the basement)... I'm sure you and/or the ATM-challenged smoke-addicts could manage to stop by there...from time to time...for some reason... Maybe have a bowl of mush at KCa Ramen... :)

Truth be told John, I have a Thai bank account and while I sympathize with your 150 baht issue, quite frankly scarlet, I don't give a <deleted>.

KC Ramen = great gyoza.