Unofficial Thai Visa Pissup - 18 Oct 2009

britmaveric

I don't really care much, Mr. Toad.... But as you guys so eloquently put it... it's the "principal" of the thing.... Plus it affords me the easy opportunity to needle you a bit, as I'm sure you guessed... :D

I think JFC would tolerate a little second hand smoke to save 150 baht

I don't know James, it's the principal of it. :)

NO... re smoking... it's the health of it...or more specifically... the bad health of it (being inhaling second hand smoke).

and NO, re ATMs.... it's not the "principal" of it... it's the MONEY of it.....

I like to keep mine and enjoy myself when I spend it... not piss it away to a Thai bank ATM... Surely, you guys (those who use Thai ATMs with foreign cards) must be able to figure out something better to do with your 150 bahts than throw them away...

It's also painfully obvious to me now that all that cigarette smoke is not only polluting your lungs but your brains as well... For the record, since it's been repeatedly missed in posts above... it is AEON ATMs... not AON... AON is a risk management and reinsurance company.... I don't believe they're in the ATM business.

Surely they teach spelling in British schools...sometime...right???

And I do believe you mean "principle" not "principal" :D

Now, now JFC I hope you are not becoming a grammar/spelling policeman as well. :D

As it used to say in my school reports "must try harder". I'll try and do better in future, just for you. :D

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No... but... Siam Paragon does have an AEON ATM (in the basement)... I'm sure you and/or the ATM-challenged smoke-addicts could manage to stop by there...from time to time...for some reason... Maybe have a bowl of mush at KCa Ramen... :)

Truth be told John, I have a Thai bank account and while I sympathize with your 150 baht issue, quite frankly scarlet, I don't give a <deleted>.

KC Ramen = great gyoza.

Well said James neither do I - and guess what, it was not mentioned at the Piss up either... We all just concentrated on having a good time and a Smoke of course. :D

BT :D

I don't really care much, Mr. Toad.... But as you guys so eloquently put it... it's the "principal" of the thing.... Plus it affords me the easy opportunity to needle you a bit, as I'm sure you guessed... :)

You need to try harder :D

I think JFC would tolerate a little second hand smoke to save 150 baht

I don't know James, it's the principal of it. :)

NO... re smoking... it's the health of it...or more specifically... the bad health of it (being inhaling second hand smoke).

and NO, re ATMs.... it's not the "principal" of it... it's the MONEY of it.....

I like to keep mine and enjoy myself when I spend it... not piss it away to a Thai bank ATM... Surely, you guys (those who use Thai ATMs with foreign cards) must be able to figure out something better to do with your 150 bahts than throw them away...

It's also painfully obvious to me now that all that cigarette smoke is not only polluting your lungs but your brains as well... For the record, since it's been repeatedly missed in posts above... it is AEON ATMs... not AON... AON is a risk management and reinsurance company.... I don't believe they're in the ATM business.

Surely they teach spelling in British schools...sometime...right???

And I do believe you mean "principle" not "principal" :D

Since one is on the high horse of correcting others...

Aon are primarily a direct insurance brokers firm, that may have business holding interests with some underwriting firms, but they are a brokerage firm. I know, I used to work for them. A broker does not reinsure. An underwriter does. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Aon are primarily a direct insurance brokers firm, that may have business holding interests with some underwriting firms, but they are a brokerage firm. I know, I used to work for them. A broker does not reinsure. An underwriter does.

:lol After being rightfully pulled up for my spelling (should have paid more attention to what I was typing), I am delighted to see that JFC has now associated smoking with a deterioration in intelligence. I will speak to one of my ex-work colleagues back in The UK, to get some information on this particular link as I am sure that it will be interesting reading.

Okay, better order another beer and packet of tabs. :)

Some people really ought to look before they talk...

Aon Corporation

Headquartered in Chicago, Aon Corporation is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and human capital and management consulting.

Aon are primarily a direct insurance brokers firm, that may have business holding interests with some underwriting firms, but they are a brokerage firm. I know, I used to work for them. A broker does not reinsure. An underwriter does. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Edited by jfchandler

Some people really ought to look before they talk...

Aon Corporation

Headquartered in Chicago, Aon Corporation is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and human capital and management consulting.

Sorry I've gone to far. Your 5 second google is better than my 7 years working for the company..

edit

Edited by Geekfreaklover

honestly who gives a <deleted> about 150 bht fee when you end up spending 3000bht (including extras :D ) on a fantastic night, JFC stop dragging the thread down into the dull drums. First it was anti smoking and now were dills for using an atm :) seriously mate keep staying home and save your pennies.

On a positive note had a beer with owner of bullies near soi4 and hinted he may be up to hosting the next one. I believe reformed smokers can sit in the dunny and those that cant take a 150 bht hit will miss another great night :D

I'm really trying to leave you guys alone...to your stale beer and smokey butts...but you won't leave well enough alone...and call it QUITS.

And don't even talk to me about "dull drums"...especially from this group... :D

[/quote )

bullies is non smoking with a balcony out side so you can suck up all the bus fumes re the air con inside :D same same but different :) now lets all be friends and try and focus on the next one. Im in already

I'm more than happy to go to a non-smoking pub. I'm more interested in the words that people speak as opposed the smoke they breathe in and out.

Organise a night out JFC and I am sure the majority of us (smokers or not) will attend!.

Zorro mentioned the pub up on the edge of soi 4, 'Bullies' I think it's called. From memory that's a non smoking establishment. Good food too.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

You guys are really going to settle on a non-smoking (indoors) pub??? You gotta be joking!!! :D:D:D

Surely a revolt will rise up.... :)

Was just a suggestion however please be warned that the girls inside have tats so lets screen that one as well shall we :D talking about tats, this girl was at the after school bar soi cowboy that GFL dragged us to. Interesting bar that one especially in the far corner. Piquot took this pic and i really like her, says she just dances and doesnt do what the other girls do in the far corner. still at uni that's why her English is good, I believe her :D ( not that GFL would even remember being there) :D

msg-41558-1255943471_thumb.jpg

Edited by zorro1

You guys are really going to settle on a non-smoking (indoors) pub??? You gotta be joking!!! :D:D:D

Was just a suggestion however please be warned that the girls inside have tats so lets screen that one as well shall we :D talking about tats, this girl was at the after school bar soi cowboy that GFL dragged us to. Interesting bar that one especially in the far corner. Piquot took this pic and i really like her, says she just dances and doesnt do what the other girls do in the far corner. still at uni that's why her English is good, I believe her :D ( not that GFL would even remember being there) :D

I do believe that is some kind of hindi diety image. Yeah, I don't remember it. I remeber nothing after about 12. But I weren't the one that took her in the naughty boy corner, buddy.

I do believe that is some kind of hindi diety image. Yeah, I don't remember it. I remeber nothing after about 12. But I weren't the one that took her in the naughty boy corner, buddy.

I only like her because she has breasts on her back as well. its a win win situation.

I only like her because she has breasts on her back as well. its a win win situation.

True. It's a result whatever way you look at it.