Do They Stay Or Do They Go ?

H2oDunc

Trees  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greetings all. I need some help with a dilema. :) I have attached a picture of a view over Lippa noi beach looking at the islands of the Ang thong Marine park. In my opinion the 3 trees spoil the view of the sea. other people say that the coconut trees are what Samui is about but my feelings are that if I want to see coconut trees I can look left or right and there are lots of them. When I look out to sea I want to see the sea. What do the great minds of TV think ? Do they stay or do they go :D Thanks for the input :D

post-24982-1254809023_thumb.jpg

Edited by H2oDunc

Greetings all. I need some help with a dilema. :) I have attached a picture of a view over Lippa noi beach looking at the islands of the Ang thong Marine park. In my opinion the 3 trees spoil the view of the sea. other people say that the coconut trees are what Samui is about but my feelings are that if I want to see coconut trees I can look left or right and there are lots of them. When I look out to sea I want to see the sea. What do the great minds of TV think ? Do they stay or do they go :D Thanks for the input :D

Cut down the middle one only.

Why just the middle one? Just because its not a coconut tree ? For me the view would be 100% better without any of them. :)

Yes. but to be sure I think you should let me live there for a year to get a full appreciation of the sunsets during all seasons. Only then will I be able to offer a qualified opinion.

Alternatively, why not start with cutting the middle one. give it a month then if not happy, try another. but in a few years those trees will be nice and high offering cooling shade. be patient young grasshopper.

Cut the middle one mate, but leave the two coconut trees.

My missus also agrees.

On a side note, you bastard. I showed the pic to my missus and she is now asking why we do not have a similar view, I am gonna have to work my arse off now. Thanks a lot buddy... :):D

It won't be long and they will be higher and only the trunks will be blocking your view. Leave them where the are, the middle one is the one that is blocking the view. Please what ever you replace them with other trees.

Why just the middle one? Just because its not a coconut tree ? For me the view would be 100% better without any of them. :)

Yes. but to be sure I think you should let me live there for a year to get a full appreciation of the sunsets during all seasons. Only then will I be able to offer a qualified opinion.

Alternatively, why not start with cutting the middle one. give it a month then if not happy, try another. but in a few years those trees will be nice and high offering cooling shade. be patient young grasshopper.

This is a sunset from the other night. You do get some amazing ones. I still say they have to go :D

post-24982-1254827827_thumb.jpg

I think the 2 on the left are the problem. The one on the right is so close to the house that it doesn't make that much of a difference. Once it grows it will provide shade for that part of the house as well. Replant the other two, and you're good to go!

Sounds like you've got plenty of time. Use it to relocate all of them over next 12 months, save you buying fully grown replacements as another poster mentioned.