Is It Legal

Pattel

We were talking the other day in the bar and the above topic came up. Somebody said it was illegal to sell them somebody else said it wasnt but when pushed said they didn't know where to buy them.

So are they legal and if so where can you buy them.

Iirc, it is only illegal to import...or more clearly, I think you need a license to import and they don't give out licenses usually for it...something like that. So once inside the country it is legal.

There are several stores around that sell it.

What is your definition of "sex toy" ? I have never seen vibrators openly on sale here, but have seen massage appliances that can be, I suppose, used in a similar fashion.

Would it be viable to sell them here, as "30% of Thai women don't know what an orgasm is, and 70% have never experienced one", quote taken from Thai womens magazine "Gossip". Not that I read it, but my wife quoted that to me from the magazine. I think because she fell into both groups and was just having a dig.

If you really want to buy a "sex toy", then try 'ioffer.com'. Good luck.

We were talking the other day in the bar and the above topic came up. Somebody said it was illegal to sell them somebody else said it wasnt but when pushed said they didn't know where to buy them.

So are they legal and if so where can you buy them.

there you go ......

:)

//link removed

easily purchased in Pattaya, i have more than a dozen in various different forms.

Yeah, where?

Gay men also like these kinds of toys. It is wrong that they are illegal here because they are SAFE SEX.

Edited by Jingthing

They are openly available to purchase in China Town, Klong Tom market. I don't think it is legal though as they pack up shop quickly when police are around.

I got one for a friend of mine who lets just say his marriage is not so Good. :D

When he went to use it Guess what,,, It was a Cigarette Lighter :)

"I heard it in a bar". The epicenter of 'think they know-it-all' expat dribble.

There are lots of places selling sex toys openly, but due to social taboo mainly on the Internet.

Instead of listening to bar beer expats, have you heard of Google? If you have, then go to Google. Just underneath the search, there is a choice of:

ค้นหา: () เว็บ () หน้าที่เป็นภาษาไทย () เว็บจากประเทศไทย

Click on the middle one, as this is the mode for searching Thai sites. Then, type in 'Sex Toy'. All the sites for purchasing sex toys will then come up, and there are a lot of them. If you dont want to buy over the Net, then on the sites are phone numbers and addresses of the vendors/shops.

Edited by jacobbells

When Royal Garden Plaza opened in Pattaya some years ago, there was one shop dedicated to selling lingerie and outrageous 'toys' and they were displayed for all to see in the shop window. Word got around and after a couple of weeks a group of monks picketed the shop and it closed down.

When Royal Garden Plaza opened in Pattaya some years ago, there was one shop dedicated to selling lingerie and outrageous 'toys' and they were displayed for all to see in the shop window. Word got around and after a couple of weeks a group of monks picketed the shop and it closed down.

Funny to choose that one target for moral outrage in a city bulging at the seams with possibilities.