Good Upgrade ?

tobiascra

Can anyone give me advice on what would be a good upgrade for me.

Im 18 and iv been driving a KSR-110 for around 10 months which i love but iv been on the back of my dads yamaha R6 since i could reach the footpegs and my current bike is to slow :) (only being a 110 and all) the KSR is my first bike had no problems driving it just following my dad is a pain always stuck a mile behind lol and its ok for chiang mai but would love to get something faster i like the Honda CBR 150r would also be interested in a supermoto type bike any suggestions. KSR isn't fit for going to mae sai bit to far lol

all help well appreciated thanks T

(Im also aware of the upgrade packages for my KSR-110 but even if i got a 178Cc upgrade it still only reaches 120kph, or so i was told)

Here are some suggestions(prices stated are when new)

kawa D-tracker 250 ( won't give you great speeds but a nice motard ) 149000 thb

Kawa Ninja 250 ( faster but more of a sportsbike) 149000 thb

Tiger Boxer 250 RS ( does about 130 km/h+ , more an allrounder bike) 72000 THB

each one of the above is worth checking it out....and take the one which suits you best...there is also some Honda 250 VTR coming but as yet no official release dates.

Happy choosing:-)

mbox

Edited by mbox

thanks guys yeah i would like my next bike to be able to do 100mph (around 160kph) will have to think about it, Iv heard the CBR can do 160kph which sounds great then there's also the yamaha R15 looks great but god knows when thats coming out if anyone knows please let me know cheers T :)

thanks guys yeah i would like my next bike to be able to do 100mph (around 160kph) will have to think about it, Iv heard the CBR can do 160kph which sounds great then there's also the yamaha R15 looks great but god knows when thats coming out if anyone knows please let me know cheers T :)

I'd say the ER6n could be good for your purpose too(and does the speed too_)...perhaps change the tires on it for going offroad ,if you wish to.

mbox

FWIW, the Ninjette can get to about 154 with a fat-ass (my 100*ish* kg) on it. That's GPS verified. Lighter riders can obviously go faster.

The CBR is the best bang for your THB right now; you can get more power out of Kawi's line up but they won't necessarily go faster--especially inside the city. However, if you're planning on going off-road getting a supermoto is a better decision. You need to decide how much of what type of riding your going to be doing and base your decision on that.

Another thing to chew on is that for the price difference you can do a LOT on the CBR compared to moving up to the 250 cc bikes (with the exception of Tiger's offering). Getting a used CBR and wrenching on it could be a good experience for you.

Thanks everyone i think the ER6N would be great but maybe a bit to much of an upgrade for me (maybe just a lack of confidence :D) also "dave_boo" good idea you certainly could do a lot to a CBR 150r for the price of a 250Cc i think the CBR is for me.

thaicbr good point on the depreciation of cbr's next year but i think il buy a CBR second hand they depreciate a lot when you buy a 2 year old one :)

I agree with Thaicbr, the future of the Honda CBR150R is very unclear.

On the positive side, Honda will also will start production of a sort "retro" looking style CB223S. The rumor is that Honda CB223S will be considerable easier on the wallet then the Kawasaki D-Tracker.

Edited by Richard-BKK

On the positive side, Honda will also will start production of a sort "retro" looking style CB223S. The rumor is that Honda CB223S will be considerable easier on the wallet then the Kawasaki D-Tracker.

Yeah if anyone gets any news on a possible new CBR 150ish bike coming out please post (don't want to buy the current CBR to find out it's going to look old because i new one's coming out a bit later)

cheers T

Nice , look forward to that ...didn't know that the CB223S will come to the market...do you know when and at what price?

mbox