What Is The Matter With Maxnet?

melbat

What is the matter with Maxnet? I used to sing their praises but recently the service has been terrible.It's taken me 20 mins to get to write this with pages not loading or not loading correctly.. The service is up and down all the time. I have asked other people who use different providers and they dont seem to be having same problems as me. Having said that the internet in Phuket leaves a lot to be desired anyway. I am trying to get the new 10 mega for 1490 baht month but I have a feeling the service is not available where I live at the moment. Anyone using this service and can comment?

What service plan are you using? Did you call 1103 to complain? What did they say? It's more or less a consensus here that the 10mb plan is part of the Indy system, which gets very little international bandwidth, and thus is not really suitable for people who want to access the internet outside of Thailand, which of course is pretty much everybody.

I have noticed lately streaming video seems to be slower. I use the expensive Maxnet 4mb down and 1mb up premier just so I could be assured good streaming speeds, but it feels now like I am getting throttled. Oddly, when using a USA based proxy to watch video's on Megavideo, it streams much faster than the video plays and thus I get no interruption. Lately I have been getting videos streaming at less than 1/5th the video play speed and so get buffering pauses constantly and must wait for it to load, which makes me think it's Megavideo throttling data to international ISP's.

You can compare your speeds to others around the island here:http://www.live-access.com/PhuketInternet.aspx/ I did just post a 938 down and 529 up, which is WAY down to my usual 3500down and 850up speeds. And also a 700 down, 340up at speedtest.net,

588950564.png

There is a new site which tests quality of the line (jitter and packet loss)here: http://www.pingtest.net/ My line usually rates a C or D, which explains my bad VOIP connections. (Yahoo Messenger voice)

709669.png

10-11-20095-34-47PM.jpg

Edited by Scubabuddha

I am using Maxnet Premier 2MB cost 1160 baht a month. I have had this service for over 2 years now and as i said I used to think it was very good, but recently the service has gone from good to poor with many times a slow service to no service. Usually only stops completley for a few mins but a lot of times very slow when pages wont load at all and cant get into my mailbox. This seems to happen nearly every day these past few weeks. I do sometimes use the speedtests in Thaivisa.. I was wondering if there is some problem at a gateway somewhere in the world that is causing all this trouble or is it just Phuket?

Have to agree that Maxnet 2 Premier has gone downhill these past 2 months.

Used to be Ok but since they increased the 2 MB service to 3 MB, as indicated by the modem as 3072/896, when I do the speed test to San Fransisco it clocks at 996/702. Also I find that the latency speed is terrible, about 350ms.

Just yesterday morning I could not even load Thaivisa pages. Don't know what's wrong with Maxnet these days.

Have to agree that Maxnet 2 Premier has gone downhill these past 2 months.

Used to be Ok but since they increased the 2 MB service to 3 MB, as indicated by the modem as 3072/896, when I do the speed test to San Fransisco it clocks at 996/702. Also I find that the latency speed is terrible, about 350ms.

Just yesterday morning I could not even load Thaivisa pages. Don't know what's wrong with Maxnet these days.

Pleased to know it's just not me.... I have a TTNT line.. am i stuck with Maxnet?

If you can't even load emails, that sounds like a problem with your line locally. I recommend you call 1103 to complain. Expect a lot of missed and late appointments, bullshit answers, etc., but eventually they should tumble to a solution after about the 12th try.

Good luck.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Oh, I feel your pain. Used to use True while I was in Bangkok, but one of the reasons I am still considering not moving back to Thailand is this:

589486343.png

And that's for under 35 US$/month including 80+ cable TV channels.

Must.Not.Gloat. :)

I noticed yesterday that I was dropped a couple of times in the morning, this wasnt my ADSL connection it was further upstream in maxnets servers (I did a traceroute) and for an hour or so pings went really high..

But 99% of the time my line is like HDRider above just under 3mbit down and half to .7 mbit up to international servers.. Thats day or night so quite happy.

Hi

I have maxnet as well, mine is steady most of the time

589107797.png

589111443.png

Steady miserable HD :D

3,8-3,9 down and 0,8-0,9 up here in Kata, I just dont know how to post it :) Premium 4 MB package at 1095 baht/month.

I think the problem 2-3 mornings ago was the satelite link to Singapore disturbed by typhoon/thunder whatever. Now its fine again

3,8-3,9 down and 0,8-0,9 up here in Kata, I just dont know how to post it :) Premium 4 MB package at 1095 baht/month.

I think the problem 2-3 mornings ago was the satelite link to Singapore disturbed by typhoon/thunder whatever. Now its fine again

That international measurement ??

Easy to post the above with www.speedtest.net even goes direct to a copy link to clipboard button.

Hi

I have maxnet as well, mine is steady most of the time

589107797.png

589111443.png

You must use speedtest.net and click on the "copy" button underneath the results box you see above.

Also, the free program Snagit works well grabbing any image of your screen, then you can upload image to photobucket or similar. That was how I did this: 10-11-20095-34-47PM.jpg

Oh, I feel your pain. Used to use True while I was in Bangkok, but one of the reasons I am still considering not moving back to Thailand is this:

589486343.png

South Korea has passed Japan for fasted internet speeds available. However, KRNIC is an ISP in South Korea, so your results, while impressive, are not real world because most of the internet is not based on servers in S. Korea. Use the San Francisco server and then let us know how fast. I bet under 10mb/s.

590585338.png

South Korea has passed Japan for fasted internet speeds available. However, KRNIC is an ISP in South Korea, so your results, while impressive, are not real world because most of the internet is not based on servers in S. Korea. Use the San Francisco server and then let us know how fast. I bet under 10mb/s.

I have edited the URL for the stat screen to make the quote more space efficient. Sure the transpacific data speeds are much smaller. However the test itself does not really represent what I do, my files are typically from 200 MB to 8GB in size, which gives me a speed advantage. Also I use a lot of servers which cannot be in the US.

What I usually prefer is simply to check how much download I can achieve in a single day. At home I get at best <70% of the 100 Mbps speed (after that the hard drives start to choke or the router pops - older hardware :D ) using a carefully adjusted download manager. 50-60% is the norm. In a normal day (about 8 to 12 hours) I get 100 to 150 GB. As a rule of thumb I think of my speed as "a gig an hour". The ISP (GS Internet) has a service technician in my house within 30 minutes in case of any - any! - trouble, including my own stupidity (happened once). Free of charge.

But you're right, Korea is exceptional. Neither Europe nor the US have anything of this speed, for this price. This is however perfectly karma balanced because here is a lot less fun stuff to do compared to Thailand so I NEED this internet/drug.

Talking about karma balance, my next stop could be China, which I imagine to be the worst combination of everything :D

Some problems here. And I have Maxnet premier 4mb which should be better than this.

To Bangkok:

590659868.png

To San Jose, CA

590658836.png

To San Francisco, Ca

590658073.png

And still getting very poor line quality:

874909.png

10-11-20095-34-47PM.jpg

This is very disappointing considering what I pay.

Note that on Pingtest.net and speedtest.net there is a "Rate your ISP" link. Somehow Maxnet has a 3.4 out of 5. I suggest we all rate our ISP there.

Edited by Scubabuddha

My tt&t maxnet premier on rawai was really slow today and now I don't have the light on the modem anymore for internet so can't obviously get anywhere. i am on cdma too now

do they have any 24/7 numbers you can contact to at these hours or do i have to wait until tomorrow?