Rolling Tobacco

Mr_Pedantic

"Best" supermarket in Pattaya have roll up tobacco. As does the "Underground" supermarket (Sukhumvit) and "Foodland" (Soi 5) in Bangkok. There may be other stockists.

There is definitely no roll up in Don Muang but as said, Doha may have it. Dubai did last year.

Sorry, Golden Virginia is a little hard to come by in Bangkok. I buy mine on Khao San Road but its a bit pricey, 125 baht for the pouch. Depending on where your friend lives it might be best to purchase on the internet from one of the Spanish tobacco sites.

Here in Loei province tobacco is in huge bags at the fresh markets. There are many different cuts and kinds. I buy a light golden colored fine cut and find it makes excellent cigarettes. Ten baht buys a plastic bag full that would last a heavy smoker a couple of weeks. If you know what a Bugle Boy or Top tobacco pouch looks like, ten baht worth would fill it several times.

Edited by Gary A

Sorry, Golden Virginia is a little hard to come by in Bangkok. I buy mine on Khao San Road but its a bit pricey, 125 baht for the pouch. Depending on where your friend lives it might be best to purchase on the internet from one of the Spanish tobacco sites.

Bht 125.00 pricey? That's just about 1.50 Sterling. You'd be lucky to get a pouch for less than 10 quid in Blighty!

Well found it in many tobacco shops in Chiang Mai at about 90 baht. Khao San Road is a rip off area but at least its easy to find there. I think one of the airport bus routes goes right past Khao San which would make it easy for a round trip jaunt if on lay over in Don Muang. At least I hope thats where that bus is going with that crew it usually carries.

The only people that smoke in England are French tourists or the unfortunate few that catch on fire. I would guess by now its cheaper and easier to buy drugs on the street than tobacco and to think they are the ones to start the whole thing.

I buy 5, 50gram packs of Golden Virginia, cost me 700 baht, not sure the name of the shop, it is situated just past the garage on the corner of Nana, bangkok, from the garage on the corner walk up the street towards Marriot Hotel, there is a shop along there, selling newspapers, cigs, cameras films postcards, in there, Golden Virginia 700 baht, i always buy some there for a mate in the uk.

Also they sell all sorts of cigs, cigars, king edwards, (not the spuds).

Edited by Thaicoon

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Alex 100.

For the record:-

Doha(Qatar) have Old Holborn 5 x 50g @ US$9.95 and Drum (blue) at US$11.00

Don Muang Terminal 2 have Golden Virginia 5 x 50g @ 640 baht(£8.50) and Drum at 550 baht(£7.30).

Not bad considering you can't buy one single 50g packet of tobacco in the UK for under £10.

Here in Loei province tobacco is in huge bags at the fresh markets. There are many different cuts and kinds. I buy a light golden colored fine cut and find it makes excellent cigarettes. Ten baht buys a plastic bag full that would last a heavy smoker a couple of weeks. If you know what a Bugle Boy or Top tobacco pouch looks like, ten baht worth would fill it several times.

and how about papers that actually have gum on them?

LOL. :o

That's a little tougher. I have not seen gummed papers available here. I had a quite healthy supply remaining from the states because I bought the rolled tubes there and used a tube machine to make my cigarettes. I saved all the Top gummed papers. I would guess gummed papers are available in Bangkok. I roll my own sometimes because it is a pain in the butt to do and it helps me to cut back. Sometimes I forget that I wanted a cigarette in the first place. :D

and how about papers that actually have gum on them?

Edited by Gary A

The only people that smoke in England are French tourists or the unfortunate few that catch on fire. I would guess by now its cheaper and easier to buy drugs on the street than tobacco and to think they are the ones to start the whole thing.

Must be looking in the wrong places....with the price of 20cigs in England now over £5 (350Bt?) the streets and pubs are awash with imported duty free and fake cigarettes. Report on the news the other night said that over 50% of cigarettes sold on the street are East European fakes with high arsenic content, or you can bring in up to 5000 cigs from EU countries at a quarter of the cost, then sell them on to pub landlords who keep them under the counter to make a few quid on.

The 'big' chain pubs sell cigs from machines at a collossal £6 (420Bt) for 16 cigs. No wonder there's a black market.

:o