Scorpian In The Bathroom

bangkokrick

Hi all,

Just went for a pee pee island and nearly stood on a Scorpian in the bathroom. I don't understand where it can have come from, we have nets, the doors were closed.

Can they get in through the drains or the toilet. do they travel alone?

Any experience of this and remedy gratefully accepted.

Cheers, Rick

We recently had a big black one on the terrace. Just take him with a shovel and throw him out into the bushes.

Good luck.

Thanks Moo, my wife chopped it up with a knife, so good night Vienna. My concern is do you think that they will be any more. ie nest?

Cheers, Rick

We recently had a big black one on the terrace. Just take him with a shovel and throw him out into the bushes.

Good luck.

Thanks Moo, my wife chopped it up with a knife, so good night Vienna. My concern is do you think that they will be any more. ie nest?

Cheers, Rick

Yes they have been known to travel in small groups. Remain vigilant, consider wearing your shoes indoors.

Did you mean that your on phi phi island? if so, then certainly there are many more around as well as snakes, lizards, spiders, etc.

It's just that your post doesn't really make sense apart from the scorpion in the bathroom.

The only remedy i can think of is to look around for any holes, cracks or excess door clearances and block them up with towels.

and yes cover the drains up too and close the toilet lid.

Good luck.

Cheers, Rick

Yes they have been known to travel in small groups. Remain vigilant, consider wearing your shoes indoors.

Thanks I have my shoes on now. Something we don't really have to consider in the UK.

Cheers, Rick

Did you mean that your on phi phi island? if so, then certainly there are many more around as well as snakes, lizards, spiders, etc.

It's just that your post doesn't really make sense apart from the scorpion in the bathroom.

The only remedy i can think of is to look around for any holes, cracks or excess door clearances and block them up with towels.

and yes cover the drains up too and close the toilet lid.

It makes sense to me. The Thais always joke about going for a 'ching chong' as a pee pee. sorry for the confusion. I am living in Jomtien on a new Moo barn, only been here two weeks. Don't see these in Bangkok.

I will take your advice thanks,

Cheers, rick

I live on Soi Siam Country Club now and just saw a small one almost transparent white last week while sitting outside at night. Squished on the bottom of my shoe well. First one I have seen in 3 years living here full time. Lots of Whip Tails, but thats the only real scorpion I have seen outside of an aquarium.

how dangerous are they?

lethal, or, just painful???

Hi all,

Just went for a pee pee island and nearly stood on a Scorpian in the bathroom. I don't understand where it can have come from, we have nets, the doors were closed.

Can they get in through the drains or the toilet. do they travel alone?

Any experience of this and remedy gratefully accepted.

Cheers, Rick

how dangerous are they?

Non lethal in Thailand (unless as with all animal stings you are allergic to them).

Apparently the bigger black ones are the least painful, with the smaller brown ones packing a more powerful punch.

how dangerous are they?

Non lethal in Thailand (unless as with all animal stings you are allergic to them).

Apparently the bigger black ones are the least painful, with the smaller brown ones packing a more powerful punch.

This is no joke.........they can live in drains where it is dark and cool..........(also under rocks)........rarely do you see them during the day............they come out at night...........the big black ones will hurt but are not lethal.............the small brown ones are very painful and you need to go to the hospital..........the small black ones are the most and dangerous.......go to the hospital ASAP. Something about them "freaks me out."

how dangerous are they?

Thanks Monty, this was a small brown type. Anyway the missus made short work of it, but I just hope that there are no more lurking in the shadows. I blocked the sinks and out down the loo seats just in case. as recommended by previous posters. I used to live in a condo in Bangkok on the 6th floor, so no chance of seeing them there i guess. Now on ground level it's a bit worrying.

Cheers, Rick

• 5 weeks later...
They are friendly little critters and make good pets. They keep unwanted guests away. :)

Just don't play with the 10 inch centipedes.

Scorpion_Lady.jpg

I saw this lady a while back in Pattaya, very cute, however I was thinking that she must have a very difficult time getting a boyfriend. Everyone would be worried she forgot one in her sofa.....

At certain times of the year I get a lot of the small black ones inside the apartment. I cannot figure out where they come from, but they do squeeze into incredibly small spaces. I used to brush them into a pan, but now I get my gf to pick them up with tissues and quickly throw them into the toilet bowl and flush them because they emit a very acrid, ascetic smelling substance which I hate, and if you wrap them in tissue quickly you can avoid it. They sink in the toilet, so unlike cockroahes, they flush really easily. They can enjoy the final minutes of their life in my sceptic tank.

Edited by tropo