Must From Back Home

Komerican

Hi, I am heading back home to the States and just wondering what you guys bring back from home.

The things you can't find in Thailand and you can't leave without.

I know lot of stuffs can be found at the Paragon and the Emporium at higher price but what are the things you can't find anywhere in Bangkok?

A penny for your thoughts... :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dockers (trousers)

Wine

Salami and proscuitto

Miracle Whip

Diet Dr. Pepper

Spices

Peach Nectar and Welch's Grape Juice

Tortillas

California Naval Oranges

Artichoke Hearts

Kalmata Olives

Kalmata Olive Oil

Balsamico

Books

Green Olive Compote

Biscuits in a can

Dockers (trousers)

Wine

Salami and proscuitto

Miracle Whip

Diet Dr. Pepper

Spices

Tortillas

California Naval Oranges

Artichoke Hearts

Kalmata Olives

Kalmata Olive Oil

Balsamico

Books

Green Olive Compote

Biscuits in a can

and

Fritos.. original

:)

Dockers (trousers)

Wine

Salami and proscuitto

Miracle Whip

Diet Dr. Pepper

Spices

Tortillas

California Naval Oranges

Artichoke Hearts

Kalmata Olives

Kalmata Olive Oil

Balsamico

Books

Green Olive Compote

Biscuits in a can

and

Fritos.. original

Nothing :D

Just Love of my Sons

I find the OP's question confusing. He's going back to the USA but asks what you bring back from home?

Does that mean he's wanting to know what Thailand offers and he can't get in the States? Or, the other way around?

Anything in the way of food items won't matter a hill of beans. They'll all be gone a short time later. Electronics and cameras are cheaper in the USA. So are good shoes. There are SOME cotton goods cheaper in Thailand, but the good quality stuff costs about the same and is usually imported from elsewhere. I would imagine that an Indian tailor would provide good quality clothing at a reasonable price, but stuff like that is cheaper in India.

Books are certainly cheaper in the USA.

Anything in the way of food items won't matter a hill of beans. They'll all be gone a short time later. 

As I eat Thai for every lunch and some dinners, the food I bring back typically lasts me about 4 or 5 months. And as I go to the US or Europe about 5 times a year, that is often enough to keep me stocked up on my western foodstuffs.

(I also forgot to list mustard, Skippy peanut butter, jam, anchovy paste, canned roma tomatoes, and real maple syrup.)

Proper mustard, bangkok you can only get those horrible american "french" stuff :)

Incorrect, German mustard is available, there are others that are non-American as well.

Sure but i want "proper" mustard :D Colemans won't do it for me either although it is a ok stuff as backup. Just out of curiosity where you can find German ones? Might be a good fall back as i run out of my stock bought from "home".

Proper mustard, bangkok you can only get those horrible american "french" stuff :)

Incorrect, German mustard is available, there are others that are non-American as well.

Sure but i want "proper" mustard :D Colemans won't do it for me either although it is a ok stuff as backup. Just out of curiosity where you can find German ones? Might be a good fall back as i run out of my stock bought from "home".

Tops at Pin Klao has a small selection of mustards, but they are pretty pricey, and I don't know their quality even if they look OK.  I bring French mustard from France or imported French mustard I buy in the US.

And to the posters mentioning razor blades, you are all right on with that.

vitamins: can't find what I want in any neighboring countries, either

shoes that fit

decent, strong rubber bands

books

hydrocortisone and benedryl cream (for bug bites and coral scrapes)

bug-off with decent DEET concentrations

cotton boxers

spices (parsely, oregano,...)

Depending on luggage allowance I'll load up with goodies, even if it means taking another bag and knowing they'll all have to be eaten within a week.

Dockers (trousers)

Wine

Salami and proscuitto

Miracle Whip

Diet Dr. Pepper

Spices

Tortillas

California Naval Oranges

Artichoke Hearts

Kalmata Olives

Kalmata Olive Oil

Balsamico

Books

Green Olive Compote

Biscuits in a can

and

Fritos.. original

I am gonna bring a pair of Dockers and Bags of Fritos corn chip.

Dockers (trousers)

Wine

Salami and proscuitto

Miracle Whip

Diet Dr. Pepper

Spices

Tortillas

California Naval Oranges

Artichoke Hearts

Kalmata Olives

Kalmata Olive Oil

Balsamico

Books

Green Olive Compote

Biscuits in a can

and

Fritos.. original

Nothing :D

Just Love of my Sons

Kudos for you, givenall.

Here at our local Tops they have Hengstenberg medium hot, and at Foodland can find Thomy Delikatess-Senf (mittelscharf/medium hot). And I believe a person will find a good selection of good mustards at Villa.

as i stay in Australia 6months and in Thai 6 months i always take my prescriptions i have tried to buy in Thai but they are not the same, another thing is razors can never buy good ones in Thai .

Gillette triple blades bought in Thailand, great shave even after 7 days. :)

Best razor I've ever used.

yes im sure the triple blades are great and i do use them . it also could be how tough the beard is , most of the thai razors are great for the bum fluff that some people call hair on the face but for me after a couple of days there hopeless .

cheers.