Bad Farangs

Highwayman

maybe that's what tvp's are all about, ngo's scams :D

tvp? ngo?

What ??

Some of these farangs take advantage of legal loopholes by setting up independent organisations and find ways to publicise themselves. They go to the provinces, donated a petty sum to schools, or take photos at restaurants and small factories in the villages, all so they can send the pictures abroad and claim they are doing charity work. They are angling for support money from international organisations. They lie to people and say that they work for an NGO, even though their work does not benefit the public and is merely a commercial enterprise.

this trick could work in pattaya too :o

it is quite amusing isn't it?

Errr, no! Totally unnecessary farang bashing :D

Thinking more about this article, maybe someone should send it to the BKK Post and let them sensationalize the "farang-bashing" of their competition newspaper...  :o

I know who I'm going to email...

lets presume that highwayman is sincere...

then I say GET FUKCED...

Good idea tutsi - he even gives his address at the bottom of the article:

"E-mail your motoring questions to [email protected]"

Too bad his address doesn't work.  :o

F#%^&ing right - I just got this:

This is the Postfix program at host smtp.nationgroup.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<[email protected]>: host localhost[127.0.0.1]said: 550 5.1.1

<[email protected]>... User unknown (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Obviously a quality "news" paper :D Maybe this is tomorrow's article printed a day early?

The most horrible thing besides the extremely rude reaction of a person calling him/herself 'tutsiwarrior' is that there is truth in the article.

People are making business out of the current situation in Thailand.

The 'developmental-aid-industry' is very big and a lot of money is involved.

And the industry is sick, very sick. Look at the Tsunami scene in Indonesia and Sri Lanka. Dr. Taksin can be proud that he kept the honour to his country fellow men and himself!

I just read the article.

Lets see....

These despicable swine marry Thai women - whom they subsequently go to bed with.

Give her some support money each month.

Donate some money to schools - PETTY amounts.

Solicit more charity donations from their home country, USING PHOTOGRAPHS.

Some of them even live in the Northeast!!!!

Anybody who fits this profile ought to be thrown out immediately!

And throw their petty money out with them!!!

&lt;deleted&gt;????? :o

Edited by Bryan in Isaan

Cannot help but wonder if the author of the article is not connected someway to a very active anti-farang lady of Korat? :o

Do tell... :D who would that be? :D

Just a thought, promted by the apparent illogical thread of the story, seemed to relate to some of the rants of 'Khun Daeng' of Korat, from a few weeks back.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29513&st=0 :D

This topic is definitely driving some farangs crazy....Yeah get all the bad farangs out before all the crazy farangs turn bad. Usually it's the people who romanticize farangs that start bashing them later.

Cannot help but wonder if the author of the article is not connected someway to a very active anti-farang lady of Korat? :o

Just a thought, prompted by the apparent illogical thread of the story, seemed to relate to some of the rants of 'Khun Daeng' of Korat, from a few weeks back.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29513&st=0 :D

Thanks for the link. I'll have to pop over to the Isaan forum more often. But I still don't know who she is and why she's got her knickers in a twist. :D

• 2 weeks later...

From The Nation 11.04.2005.

Editor responds: We apologise unreservedly for an editorial oversight that allowed Pattanadesh Asasappakij's Auto Talk column "Shedding light on flashing lights" to be published in the Auto Industry page of the Business Section in the March 31 edition of The Nation.

We neither condone nor approve of such views. It is our policy to maintain a high standard of journalistic quality and integrity.

For some reason the above response from the editor doesn't seem to have made it to the online edition of The Nation.