Bad Farangs

Highwayman

Many Americans and Europeans choose to spend their retirements in Thailand. Thais are generally very nice to foreigners, and we sometimes tend to honour them more than fellow Thais. The majority of foreigners who come to Thailand are good people and don’t cause problems. But some capitalise on our generosity and use Thailand as a hiding place to get away from crimes they have committed back home. Some even go further and start committing new crimes in this country.

Today there are certain foreigners who rely on being “farang”, and trick Thai women from the provinces into marrying them. In return they give the women a small amount of money every month in exchange for being able to live in the Kingdom permanently. In the process they also get a partner in bed.

Some of these farangs take advantage of legal loopholes by setting up independent organisations and find ways to publicise themselves. They go to the provinces, donated a petty sum to schools, or take photos at restaurants and small factories in the villages, all so they can send the pictures abroad and claim they are doing charity work. They are angling for support money from international organisations. They lie to people and say that they work for an NGO, even though their work does not benefit the public and is merely a commercial enterprise.

These foreigners, who generally are not well off, usually live in small provinces, like in the Northeast. Sometimes these farangs even trick fellow farangs. As far as I know, the Thai authorities are carefully watching these people and waiting to get their hands on evidence to go after them. Without evidence the police could be accused of violating the bad farangs’ rights.

Now, for those of you who haven't seen this article, l would bet that never in a million years would you predict the next sentence and the subject of the article. I don't know what to think after reading this.

For those who have seen it, please don't spoil it for others.

So, what do you think this article is about? Any ideas?

:o:D:D:D:D

I won't post the link just yet, but the topic is from one of the following:

Bargirls

Beer Chang

Housing

Food

Charities

Elephants

Investing in Thailand

Thai pharmacies

Swimming

Otop

Driving

Football

Air conditioning

Somtam

Religion

What could it be? :o

:D hi i dont know and dont have a idea for this topic but in my opoiniong i seeing NGO want to money for internationation and they are help many people >> well look be best eyes -sight  :D

:o

Back on topic...

:D

:D hi i dont know and dont have a idea for this topic but in my opoiniong i seeing NGO want to money for internationation and they are help many people >> well look be best eyes -sight  :D

Back on topic...

thamk Jai dee :D crazy! oops bad farangs ? the same are

normal people >

> have good and bad

> best >> worst

> black > white

Back on topic...

thamk Jai dee :D crazy! oops bad farangs ? the same are

normal people >

> have good and bad

> best >> worst

> black > white

Where are you from impossible_me?

And what are you smoking? :o

Hey Highwayman... what about that link? :D

The article is headed;

AUTO TALK: Shedding light on flashing lights.

These foreigners, who generally are not well off, usually live in small provinces, like in the Northeast. Sometimes these farangs even trick fellow farangs. As far as I know, the Thai authorities are carefully watching these people and waiting to get their hands on evidence to go after them. Without evidence the police could be accused of violating the bad farangs’ rights.

But today, I have some questions from a good farang concerning the use of indicator lights in Thailand.

The Nation 31.03.2005

Nice wind-up Highwayman. :D

About the article itself, I used to think that the Nation was a much better balanced paper then the BKK Post, but after reading that load of rubbish I am starting to wonder... :D

It also reflects pretty poorly on the editors. Fancy using an automobile column as a means to do some "ferang-bashing"... the term "propaganda" comes to mind... even though the Nation has a predominantly ferang reader base and not Thai.

I'm trying to figure which is more bizarre, the article in The Nation or the response from  tutsiwarrior.  :o

He must be going nud_e again today! :D

Or maybe smoking the same stuff as impossible_me? :D

lets presume that highwayman is sincere...

then I say GET FUKCED...

Tutsi, for christ sake, don't beat around the bush...tell us what you really think. :o

Should have taken a longer lunch and went straight for my siesta.

Once woken up, forgetfulness due to clemency of age might have just

mercifully kicked in, making me forget about this thread.. Oh well!

I’m with tutsiwarrior on this , yes GET FLUKCED... and stay got :D