Immigration Arrested Mr.scott With Illegal Drug

aranimmigration

Having survived another Songkran in an Isaan villige, I wonder which 'drugs' can match the debilitating and stupidifying effects of beer and liquor...Is alc. 'better' for you, because you can legally buy lethal doses at any cornershop? 

No mercy nor sympathy for "addicts", but let's have a few more beers tonight?   

Sounds like you've already had a few mate :o

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

If I was God then I could pass judgement on everyone else here too. Without a clue as to the circumstances involved. It is good ot be all-knowing, isn't it?

As a newcomer to Thaiand, and my first post on this forum, glad to see there are as many closed-minded, opinionated, preaching know-it-all's here as elsewhere in the World.

I came to Thailand to escape your judging looks.

Cheers

A/.

Cheers

A/.

Shadow, in an anonymous forum, all is not as it seems and many are not quite who they claim to be or would have you believe they are.

I guess its the same in any forum.

And also, many of the posters that have lived a long time in Thailand tend to be very cynical and jaded, so much so, one has to wonder what they are doing here in the first place. ( But don't say that, cos they don't like it ).

It's all pretty clicky as well, you need to post Just smileys or one liners in every topic to get your post count up, then you will be considered worthy of an opinion. :o

If I was God then I could pass judgement on everyone else here  too. Without a clue as to the circumstances involved. It is good ot be all-knowing, isn't it?

As a newcomer to Thaiand, and my first post on this forum, glad to see there are as many closed-minded, opinionated, preaching know-it-all's here as elsewhere in the World.

Cheers

A/.

You will find all of the above outside this forum in Thailand. Believe me I’m not joking. This forum is really quite tame. Thailand is not the utopia you think it is, but it is fun.

• 4 years later...
Why, why, why do they do this ?

If he is lucky he will spend the next 30 odd years in jail.

Here's an update:

By Adrian Shaw 5/03/2010

The Mirror

UK

I'VE GOT 25 YEARS IN JAIL ..LET ME BE A DAD

Drug peddler's IVF plea to Jack Straw

A drug peddler with 25 years left to serve on his prison sentence is applying to have IVF treatment with his Thai girlfriend.

Scott Hurford, 34, was spared the death penalty when he was caught in Thailand with 250 speed tablets in 2005.

He was sent to Bangkok's notorious Bang Kwang prison where he spent five years before being returned to Britain to see out the rest of his jail term.

And he has written to prison bosses and Justice Secretary Jack Straw to ask if he could father a child by Thai girlfriend, Uria, 37, who he dated when caught.

Hurford. who could be free on parole in 10 years, plans to apply to become a dad by artificial insemination.

In a letter from Wandsworth prison in South West London, he wrote: "I'm serving a lengthy sentence and still have over 10 years left until release. My partner has stood by me and we would like to start a family. However, time isn't exactly on our side with me being 34 and my partner 37.

"I need advice on the rules for IVF treatment whilst in prison. Is this possible? Has it been done before? How do I set the wheels in motion?" His mother Amanda Wright said: "Scott definitely wants children and Uria is the girl he is talking about as she was his girlfriend through what happened in Thailand."

"They really care for each other. They are still in contact all the time."

It is thought Uria is still in Thailand awaiting the decision.

Mrs Wright said: "Scott knows what he did was wrong and has to pay for it, but 30 years is more than for murder. He'll come out of jail and do a lot of good."

Hurford, of Lincs, kept a blog on which he wrote: "I told her she had her own life and I couldn't expect her to spend 30 years growing old waiting for me. But she told me she loved me and would be there for me."

The Prison Service said: "Prisoners may apply for access to artificial insemination facilities. Each request will be considered by the Secretary of State on individual merit against a number of considerations."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...15875-22086747/

Edited by Preferential

Possesion of that amount (has to be 15 +)is considered trafficking..Which carries a mandatory death sentence. Should with appeals etc etc be reduced to life = 99 years.

Had he been American or Australian he might have been able to serve 8-12 years (minimum) before he was eligble for transfer to his own country to serve out a limited time. English..forget it. Best he can hope for besides a commute of the death sentence will be further reductions (maybe)50 years improsonment. Kings pardon...Rare these days.

Sorry but his life is all but over.

since 1995 or so British people do 7 years in Thailand and the rest of the sentence in England

Even 15 years is ludicrous for 250 speed pills.... let alone 30, murderers and rapists don't get sentences like that, what is wrong with our world.

The guy is ALIVE and not dead in Thailand. The guy is ALIVE and in the UK and not serving out his sentence in Bang Kwang.

He should be grateful :)

He could probably get between THB200 and THB350 each if he was selling to farang.This is an evil,evil drug.Maybe they were just for him?

Do the maths... 240 tablets at say 300 baht each equals 72,000 baht.

Hardly a lottery windfall is it?

I'd guess personal usage only.

Could be personal.

Or is the real addiction for these people Pattaya itself? It seems to me that some people will do amazingly stupid things to raise cash when the money runs out. I must be missing out on a seriously good time when I am there as half the time I can't wait to get back to the UK to see my mates and do a bit of work for proper coin.

Bizarre. :)

Given the piddling amount of drugs this guy was transporting in his little "business adventure" there is NO WAY he could possibly hope to profit from it.

Small drugs and a large pair of underpants. Not meant to be funny, just pointing out how ridiculous this guy is, risking his whole future on a hope and a pray that he'll get away with it.

Drug smuggling is like walking a tightrope with no safety net. Sooner of later you're going to fall off.

Why do they take the risks? I doubt if it will stop here, there will be more idiots to replace him soon.

Whether a dealer, user or carrier, drugs are for losers.

Edited by BigWheelMan

It seems its up to the British government to decide if this blokes genetic material is worth passing on at the expense of us taxpayers. Well would you want to shell out for him? :)

Release him and let him pay his own way fair or foul.

Given the piddling amount of drugs this guy was transporting in his little "business adventure" there is NO WAY he could possibly hope to profit from it.

Small drugs and a large pair of underpants. Not meant to be funny, just pointing out how ridiculous this guy is, risking his whole future on a hope and a pray that he'll get away with it.

Drug smuggling is like walking a tightrope with no safety net. Sooner of later you're going to fall off.

Why do they take the risks? I doubt if it will stop here, there will be more idiots to replace him soon.

Do you drink alcohol.. you should know its a drug too... just not illigal. But if you look at its potential it would be classified as a hard drug.

I would not use it here for sure.. and the guy is stupid to smuggle drugs here too.

Edited by robblok

there is an endless supply of idiots.

This is truly a sad story. At some point in life, maybe by chance, he found himself in this country and decided that he wanted to stay; not much different to a majority of the members here, including myself. I consider myself lucky: I came to this country a couple of years ago by pure coincidence, and it transformed my life. My blessing is my job and with it the financial stability on which I build my existence in LOS; I wouldn’t trade it for anything. In fact, I would do almost anything to protect my life here. Who am I to say this is not the case for the ill-fated Mr.Scott? I don’t know why Mr.Scott made the unfortunate decision to commit this crime, but I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye, and I am confident he didn’t do this for a laugh.

The only good that comes out of this, is that whatever he did, eventually he will learn. Hopefully in his next life.

Mr.Scott will never again be able to enjoy the richness of this country, and I can barely imagine his misery right now; his mind clouded by the carbonation of ruined possibility and eyes clouded by tears – for it is not only those left behind who ache.

He could probably get between THB200 and THB350 each if he was selling to farang.This is an evil,evil drug.Maybe they were just for him?

Why is this drug yaba so evil??

In my youth back in the UK we would sniff or eat speed regularly,everyone seemed to be doing it on friday and saturday night.Made me dance like a bellend and also had an unquenchable thirst for beer.It was good fun and no damage done.Yaba and amphetamine are one and the same right?

No damage done by speed ? You just got away with it, that's all.

I've been there in the club scene myself - 92-96 every weekend. I saw many casualties - speed/e/coke-heads taking things too far.

Speeds addictive & I've seen it turn people into complete nutters.

You & your mates wisely managed to not get addicted - some people don't stop after the weekend.

It's a bit like the difference between a social drinker & alchoholic.

I agree with all this, but "Ya Baa" is Meth Amphetamine and it is Speed like any other Speed - maybe a little stronger than some from the doctor (but Black Beauties are comparable).

It is nasty stuff because at first it seems easy to deal with, but if you are unlucky and get hooked, it gets harder and harder to stop.

It is a bit of a harsh sentence when you think that rapists and murderers get out after 8 or 15 years for "good conduct" in the UK.

Instead of trying to get his girl pregnant through IVF he should be asking questions about his sentence. Isn't that girl that was saved from death in Laos now living it up in England with her kid which was conceived in prison? (How, the mind boggles).

But if that is the law of extradition, then be it. But I am sure there are other cases which have been turned around so that the person does not serve such a severe sentence. Like that girl "forget you have a daughter" who went on to get a degree from Oxford and she was out of prison at the time.

Methinks, Mr Scott hasn't looked into all the ways to reduce his sentence.

PS I know he has "got off lightly" by being sent back home - but come on, it's not like he is a mass murderer. And I am sure he has learnt his lesson.

Strange though - the day before this story wasin the Daily Mail - he was wanting to have a kid with his longterm ENGLISH blonde girlfriend.

typo sorry i should know - i before e except after c!!

Edited by Patsycat

May he rot in prison so he does not breed and contaminate the word with his DNA.

Whats he done to you ?? the guy made a stupid mistake .. give him a break.

Jeez, poeple like you piss me off...rot in prison for 250 yabba pills, get back in your box and off the internet mate :)

Some people want to complain about anything. This guy got a 30 year sentence, he only served a small portion of this in a thai jail and now hes living it up in one of the UK's luxury prisons and now he wants to bitch about artificially inseminating someone, get real. :)

Could this women left in Thailand all those years ago, really be this desperate.

May he rot in prison so he does not breed and contaminate the word with his DNA.

Jeez, poeple like you piss me off...rot in prison for 250 yabba pills, get back in your box and off the internet mate :)

Billy, the law is the law, you come here, you play by the rules, just because his government managed to secure something for him under a prisoner exchange treaty, changes nothing about the sentence in my humble opinion.

Let me remind you, he didnt break english law, he committed an offence in Thailand, one that the thais hang signs around border points about, DRUG SMUGGLING = DEATH alot of them use to say. This guy new the risks and took the chance, let him rot.

Billy, the law is the law, you come here, you play by the rules, just because his government managed to secure something for him under a prisoner exchange treaty, changes nothing about the sentence in my humble opinion.

Let me remind you, he didnt break english law, he committed an offence in Thailand, one that the thais hang signs around border points about, DRUG SMUGGLING = DEATH alot of them use to say. This guy new the risks and took the chance, let him rot.

yeah, but its ok for greasy pensioners to come here an indulge in prostitution and take advantage of girls a 1/3 of their age :D

yeah, but its ok for greasy pensioners to come here an indulge in prostitution and take advantage of girls a 1/3 of their age :D

If a 60 year old pensioner wants to get his rock of with a 20 year old massuse it is not illegal, end of story! You've heard about glass houses, you'll be 60 in another 40 years, coz I'm guessing your 20 something by your idiotic post. As a Thai girls once said to me, boys under 30 are ignorant immature idiots full of themselves whom can't hold a conversation to interest an earthworm.

"I'm guessing your 20 something..."

I'm 20-something, 61 to be exact. I agree that you need to obey the law. EVERYONE visiting Thailand realizes that possessing illegal drugs can lead to a long jail sentence. Of course, everyone thinks the laws apply to everyone else, not them. Perhaps Mr. Scott will now use his head for something besides a hat rack. Regardless, he has a second chance: he's serving the remainder of his sentence in the UK, not Thailand.