Disabled Rider

cricketer

Hi All,

For the past 10 yrs I have been talking my holidays in Hua Hin, normally 2/3 mths. Last year I lost my right leg and have been thinking about how to get around the town. Hiring a car or buying a trike is financially not an option but I can invest B60K or so in some sort of bike modification in order to feel the wind in my hair. Any ideas will be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Cricketer

Between the two of us we have a right and a left leg so maybe that would work.

I live in Chiengmai. I use a sidecar on a motobike which I can put theweelchair on and they have added a handle for the gears. As you have lost your right leg they may prefer to move the controls but they wil get something that really works going. The cost was a motorbike. I bought a new honda wave 44000 baht and thesidecar was less than 8000 baht.

PM me if you need to.

Moved to Bike Forum

Thanks Harrry, that's an option and not too exspensive. I can just about walk 15 / 20m with an artificial leg which I'm hoping to improve on with spare time on holiday.

Looking through websites I noticed a system when the bike is fitted with a ghost wheel does anyone have any info on this way? They seem to be fitted to big bikes while I would be happy with an automatic Honda Click or something similar.

Moved to Bike Forum

Thanks Harrry, that's an option and not too exspensive. I can just about walk 15 / 20m with an artificial leg which I'm hoping to improve on with spare time on holiday.

Looking through websites I noticed a system when the bike is fitted with a ghost wheel does anyone have any info on this way? They seem to be fitted to big bikes while I would be happy with an automatic Honda Click or something similar.

Thanks HDRIDER, that would be really good.

Yes I saw several Honda Waves converted into small trikes here in Pattaya as well.

I think it is quite common here in Thailand to convert Waves into trikes for disabled persons so I am pretty sure you can find somebody in Hua Hin who can do the job cheap for you.

It will be MUCH better with a Wave than one of those small 3 wheeled electric vehilcheles, as your range is unlimited (only find a gasoline station before you run dry, he-he) and speed much better as well, you can proberly go +80 km/hour on a trike Wave.

Good luck with the project :)

• 1 month later...