Fast Internet Needed No Chance Of Phone Line Installed

2008bangkok

Ok im pulling my hair out on this one..where i live i cannot put a phone line in so net that way..

Brought a Hutch ISDN (only 153kb no good for skype)

Got a truewifi hotspot nearby(cannot connect due to not giving me IP from DHCP)

Got a K800i and phoned up true about 3g(k800i is 900mz where true 3g is 850 cannot connect)

Anbody got any other suggestions for me to try i really dont wanna move out as i have a great deal on pad but will have to if no other option.

By the way seperate issue but does anybody have prblems connecting to certain wifi router with Win7??

All help greatly recieved

?

Same problem here where I live. If you can't get a wireless signal you are SOL on Skype. Your phone has better capabilities than hutch (anyday) but I doubt even with that either you will be able to hear garbled or they will be able to hear a garbled connection. Short of a government satellite system you are out of luck unless as Gerasolt suggested works. Good luck. That is why I sold my 3G phone. have a phone that is so good but can't do what I need to do unless I go to the U.S. & buy a 2 year contract for 3 weeks a year!

i use an edge enabled mobile/cell phone. there are many available 2nd hand like the nokia 6230 for about 1500thb. true has unlimted internet for about 500th a month....connects at 480kps...works for VOIP sometimes.....i use iconnecthere...

Really as a last resort.... ipstar?

I would rather roll around naked in broken glass than have to use IPStar again.

What's wrong with IPStar - I'm up in the village and IPStar looks like my only option (apart from a pay as you go dongle), as no chance of a phone line. Recommended to me by TOT. I am considering a contract for IPStar so if there are big issues with it please share before I get signed up for something I may regret. Thanks.

Really as a last resort.... ipstar?

I would rather roll around naked in broken glass than have to use IPStar again.

What's wrong with IPStar - I'm up in the village and IPStar looks like my only option (apart from a pay as you go dongle), as no chance of a phone line. Recommended to me by TOT. I am considering a contract for IPStar so if there are big issues with it please share before I get signed up for something I may regret. Thanks.

TOT! That's no recommendation!

Slow, intermittent and expensive.

A search will yield the frustrations felt by many on here.

After witnessing a friends connection I would never use this option. It is just so bad.

Make sure to check out if Hutch has the EV-DO network in your area. Not many places have it bu you might get lucky. Requires newer Hutch modem, but much better speeds (around the 1 Mbps mark).

Signal strength enough? A high gain antenna might help you out here.

Got a K800i and phoned up true about 3g(k800i is 900mz where true 3g is 850 cannot connect).

Yup, True 3G is on an odd frequency. Yet might be worth it to get a phone (or dedicated modem) capable of that frequency.

Make sure to check out if Hutch has the EV-DO network in your area. Not many places have it bu you might get lucky. Requires newer Hutch modem, but much better speeds (around the 1 Mbps mark).

Signal strength enough? A high gain antenna might help you out here.

Got a K800i and phoned up true about 3g(k800i is 900mz where true 3g is 850 cannot connect).

Yup, True 3G is on an odd frequency. Yet might be worth it to get a phone (or dedicated modem) capable of that frequency.

Cheers for all your advice guys.. i already check hutch ev-do but not in my area so im gonna go and buy a 5db wireless adapter and antenn http://www.siammastershop.com/product_info...products_id/887

Anybody know of any other places?

As another option, you could buy a 3G modem which supports 850 Mhz. (thatis if True has confirmed 3G coverage in your area).

http://www.totalaircard.com/products/DTAC-...B-Modem%29.html

At 2,600 Baht about the same price as the wifi dongle you are looking at.

With the added advantage that if you have a laptop you can access the net almost nationwide!

AFAIK True's 3G coverage extends mainly along the Skytrain route...

Are you 100% sure that you can't have a fixed telephone line installed? i had the same problem a few months back, TOT told me that the area was not of their competency and sent me to TT&T which after have told me that they had no idea of where my little town(but not so little anyway)was located, declined my request, i went back to TOT and explained that i was willing to pay for all costs covering the materials and worksmanship, still the boss declined saying that TOT doesn't install telephone poles anymore, we then made our request at several other TOT locations, being told that the only way to get a telephone line was to 1)change the area where i was living(!) and 2) change country (!!!), i explained to the head of the branch that going to work everyday should mean a bit more that sitting down being a desk browsing the net (gossip websites) and eating kanoms, after a few weeks i got a call back from them (the impossible was now possible) telling me that the guy installing telephone poles will install a 15 meters telephone pole on "my" land for 20k + about 4k to get a telephone number.

So, try to let them understand that you really want it, it might works :)

As another option, you could buy a 3G modem which supports 850 Mhz. (thatis if True has confirmed 3G coverage in your area).

http://www.totalaircard.com/products/DTAC-...B-Modem%29.html

At 2,600 Baht about the same price as the wifi dongle you are looking at.

With the added advantage that if you have a laptop you can access the net almost nationwide!

AFAIK True's 3G coverage extends mainly along the Skytrain route...

That dongle is definatdely the way to go however True will not tell me if i have 3g or not all they say is that they are testing 3g and its not a rolled out service which is why if you subscribe to a gprs pakage and go manage to pick up 3g its free..

It could be a wast of 2600? I live phra khanong near the muslim temple..anybody know if 3g is there?

I cannot get a landline in because the landlord wont let me..its a private block which the landlord owns the whole lot and he has got a phone line in and then put extensions in each room but i indertsnd you have to have a dedicated line?

I cannot get a landline in because the landlord wont let me..

oh i see what you mean now, i tought you were in your own property, i had that problem too while choosing in which condo to relocate in Bangkok, the most of them wouldn't let you have your own dedicated line so i just took them off from my list and ended up in a place that suited me just fine, however, did you try to talk to your landlord about it? sometime they cannot relate the telephone line to the internet factor, try to explain him how much is important in your particular situation to get it installed, pushing on the factor that you might have to relocate soon if you can't get it or something.

I cannot get a landline in because the landlord wont let me..

oh i see what you mean now, i tought you were in your own property, i had that problem too while choosing in which condo to relocate in Bangkok, the most of them wouldn't let you have your own dedicated line so i just took them off from my list and ended up in a place that suited me just fine, however, did you try to talk to your landlord about it? sometime they cannot relate the telephone line to the internet factor, try to explain him how much is important in your particular situation to get it installed, pushing on the factor that you might have to relocate soon if you can't get it or something.

Tried that.. we not havr internet you want internet you move out scenario..not vey helpful and iv been here nearly 3 years