Where Are The Best Condos And How Much Do They Cost

retiredat50

I've decided to visit Chiang Mai again in the new year and I would like to look at property in and around Chiang Mai. To narrow down my search is there anyone out there who let me know the names and locations of some of the better condos. I'm just looking for some pointers so I can focus in on what I'm looking for. Also what's the price range of condos right now and how has the price changed over the last year and last few years. Before buying I'm of course planning to rent but I'd like to just get some ideas at this time. Thank you very much for your help.

Most important for me would be a unit as new as possible with space in a safe and quiet area. Location is not too important to me and it could be even up to about 10km outside of the city. If possible I'd hope that to find a condo close to some small local shops and perhaps a coffee shop and a few restaurants.

> and it could be even up to about 10km outside of the city.

IMHO the purpose of 'building tall' is to maximize the use of highly valuable land in a very desirable inner city location. Indeed some condo's get built 10kms out of town, for people who seem to think living in a flat has prestige over an actual house, which would be more affordable 10km out of town.

I think the number of desirable condominiums in Chiang Mai can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand. The Rim Ping condo fits the bill in my book, and perhaps a couple of the newer low-rise boutiquey places, possibly also in the Nimmanhaemin Road area as well as in the old town. (VERY few of those get built in the old town, but that would rate as desirable to me: Limited land available, and it'd have to be less than 4 floors due to old town protection restrictions.

I moved into a new condo in Convention Condo built by Quality Condominium Company in June 2009.

I purchased the condo in September 2007 just as construction was beginning so I could get a choice location.

Thus far I am very pleased with the condo and the love the location which is north of CMU on the Irrigation Canal Road about 1.5 km north of Phu Come junction.

It quiet like living in the country because there are mostly private homes near but in 10 minutes I can be at Kad Suan Kaew.

The view of the mountains and the city are fantastic.

There are only a few units still available but the company is building a Condo across the canal and closer to the mountains called Mountain Front.

When I purchased my condo the price was THBT 32,000/sq meter for the 9th floor. Price has gone up since then but not sure... maybe 36,000 to 38,000.

The builder previously build commercial buildings like Western Hotel and Park City Hotel in Chiang Mai.

Convention Condo is the builders first Condo but the builder (Sam) is very conscious and wants to build good quality condos in Chiang Mai.

Sam and his staff were very helpful in additional amenities I wanted to add.

Sam and most of his staff speak excellent English which is a major advantage if you are going to buy during construction.

Do a Google search for Quality Condo Chiang Mai or Convention Condo Chiang Mai for more information

> and it could be even up to about 10km outside of the city.

IMHO the purpose of 'building tall' is to maximize the use of highly valuable land in a very desirable inner city location. Indeed some condo's get built 10kms out of town, for people who seem to think living in a flat has prestige over an actual house, which would be more affordable 10km out of town.

I think the number of desirable condominiums in Chiang Mai can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand. The Rim Ping condo fits the bill in my book, and perhaps a couple of the newer low-rise boutiquey places, possibly also in the Nimmanhaemin Road area as well as in the old town. (VERY few of those get built in the old town, but that would rate as desirable to me: Limited land available, and it'd have to be less than 4 floors due to old town protection restrictions.

Rim Ping Is well located and from my visits there I believe it could be described as "well managed"

Another building that fit's in with the "well managed" description is Floral which is also reasonably well positioned.

Neither Rim Ping or Floral could be described as newish as they would both be at least 15 + years old.

The thing to be particularly cautious asbout is how well the property is managed. It is no secret that the majority of properties are nothing less than "sources of illicit revenue" for managers and some staff members.

Prices for condo's have not risen significantly (in Chiang Mai) in the past 10 - 12 years unless some serious refurbishment or renovations have been carried out.

I can say without fear of contradiction that millions "many millions" of baht have been syphoned off by condo management over recent years.

I shudder to think of just how much :)

I moved into a new condo in Convention Condo built by Quality Condominium Company in June 2009.

I purchased the condo in September 2007 just as construction was beginning so I could get a choice location.

Thus far I am very pleased with the condo and the love the location which is north of CMU on the Irrigation Canal Road about 1.5 km north of Phu Come junction.

It quiet like living in the country because there are mostly private homes near but in 10 minutes I can be at Kad Suan Kaew.

There are only a few units still available but the company is building a Condo across the canal and closer to the mountains called Mountain Front.

When I purchased my condo the price was THBT 32,000/sq meter for the 9th floor. Price has gone up since then but not sure... maybe 36,000 to 38,000.

The builder previously build commercial buildings like Western Hotel and Park City Hotel in Chiang Mai.

Convention Condo is the builders first Condo but the builder (Sam) is very conscious and wants to build good quality condos in Chiang Mai.

Sam and most of his staff speak excellent English which is a major advantage if you are going to buy during construction.

Do a Google search for Quality Condo Chiang Mai or Convention Condo Chiang Mai for more information

Why is the window glass blue?

is there anyone out there who let me know the names and locations of some of the better condos.

You might have a look at :

www.thepunna.net. Excellent condos just off Nimmenheimen Road. Well established. Rent or Buy--15,000/22,000baht per month.The rentals are by private owners open to negotiation.Same with :

www.kkn.co.th ; where, after clicking on the English version, you click on Karnkanock 5, Baan Suan, Greenery Hill Condo which is a few kms. on the LEFT, up the Canal Road to the NW of Chiang Mai opposite the Convention Condo mentioned above. Very pleasant location near the mountains and just outside the city. Upmarket and very new. Rent or buy They also run THE TRIO a high rise condominium on Huay Keaw Road. Its on the same website. Its a conversion and not so appealing as the above, but cheaper.

www.thedomechiangmai.com is a on the same road but much nearer the city.9000,13,000,or 15,000 for a suite, minimum one month stay.

Any offer of 25,000 should be countered with your lower offer of 20,000. But I don't think the cheaper units would be open to negotiation.

Apparently green/blue is the optimum color for reflecting heat, according to Thai Ashai glass.

Apparently green/blue is the optimum color for reflecting heat, according to Thai Ashai glass.

But the windows are oriented to look out at green mountains. I wouldn't want to look at blue mountains. I could sort of understand it if it were looking out over a grey ocean.