Importing Fertilizer

marazit2

Hello!

I am a trader of fertilizer based between the United States and Philippines. I am interested in expanding to Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos, but I'm not really sure where to start. I don't have many contacts in Asia outside of China and the Philippines. Can anyone recommend a place to start? Our main products are Sopmg (certified organic), Urea low biuret, and MOP. We also deal other fertilizers (DAP, etc) on smaller scales.

Hello!

I am a trader of fertilizer based between the United States and Philippines. I am interested in expanding to Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos, but I'm not really sure where to start. I don't have many contacts in Asia outside of China and the Philippines. Can anyone recommend a place to start? Our main products are Sopmg (certified organic), Urea low biuret, and MOP. We also deal other fertilizers (DAP, etc) on smaller scales.

You probably came to the wrong form there is already to much BS spread hear. :) Keep heart someone may direct you.

Import duties .. and the cost of importing bulk nitrogen - you'll have a hard time competing on the local market

I just checked the CIF's on fertilser constituents - they range from around 35% (on urea) through to just over 60% on (nitrogen) ... not an easy market to get into.