Thaksin 'fears Economic Recovery Will Shut Him Out'

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread is being re-opened, at least for a while. If you have something to say, feel free to post. If not, then don't. The topic isn't about the words in English. The topic is about Thaksin and his chances in an economic recovery.

We have some very valuable posters with insight into the political situation. May they prevail.

This is the first time Thaksin seems to have admitted fear in the whole scenario.

Interesting.

I think a reasonbly well managed recover, that is visible to those on the lower income spectrum

will not bode well for Thaksin's proto revolution from the red clay on up.

OK don't want to be off topic any more but this subject is so interesting I am thinking of creating a new Poll thread with the Title:

"Do you consider Thai Working Class people to be "Peasants"?

Just interested in cultural differences language wise between UK, US, Australia and Other nationalities on the word "Peasant".

I will give a reference to this thread to throw some light on the subject.

Will also recommend looking up English history to find out where the word originates.

What do you think?

My little bit: the working class are the poor urban class created during industrialisation. They are different from and have different needs and wants from the poor rural class whatever you call them although during industrialisation they were described as peasant class (no negative conotation but just a descriptor). In Thailand now the urban poor and rural poor have different needs and wants. One big differenc eis that the rural poor usually are landed and able to survive on little cash income while the urban poor are usually not landed where they work and rely on a pure cash for work income hence working class.

This is the first time Thaksin seems to have admitted fear in the whole scenario.

Interesting.

I think a reasonbly well managed recover, that is visible to those on the lower income spectrum

will not bode well for Thaksin's proto revolution from the red clay on up.

The economy in Chonburi and Rayong is coming back quickly. It is expected to be doing very nicely by the middle of next year at the latest. Right now the problemn is that there are jobs but the people to take them are not in the right area. As word on jobs gets out and people return to take them and get the O/T for all the production being lost as we speak there will be a dividend for the government. Whether it will be enough reamins moot but it is a lot harder to bring a government down or replace it in a strong economy thatn it is in a weak economy. The Cambodai misstep by Hun Sen - Thaksin - Chavalit also will likely give thge government some short term breathing space as they await for the economic recovery. The Cambodia misstep has made things a lot harder for the reds and will also see an inevitable movement by those in the middle to backing government while foreign threats exist.