The National Lottery

Gonzo the Face

Maybe someone can straighten this out.

Not too many months ago the price of a ticket in the national lottery was 90 Baht....... [ Maybe a little earlier 80 Baht]

Then it was 100 baht,,,,, few weeks later 110 baht , now last month I got soaked 120 baht.

Is the government approving the price increase or are the vendors doing it on their own????

I do not see the prize money being increased. Maybe the disabled are fighting back.....

:)

Not too many months ago the price of a ticket in the national lottery was 90 Baht....... [ Maybe a little earlier 80 Baht]

Then it was 100 baht,,,,, few weeks later 110 baht , now last month I got soaked 120 baht.

Is the government approving the price increase or are the vendors doing it on their own????

I do not see the prize money being increased. Maybe the disabled are fighting back.....

:)

My understanding is that the face value of the tickets is 40 Baht and there is two tickets sold together = 80 baht.

But as we are in Thailand the resellers add on their margin and this sometimes varies depending whether the ticket numbers are deemed "lucky or auspicious" for some reason.

The prize used to be 3 million per ticket and that has now been reduced to whatever I cannot say but certainly no more than 2 million.

Like most other things in the realm the usual scams are in place.

It was not that long ago that an investigation was conducted on the lottery but again we are in Thailand therefore nothing came out of it and nothing has changed.

I did actually win 12,000 baht a few years back, but even then they deducted something for some reason.

:D

My understanding is that the face value of the tickets is 40 Baht and there is two tickets sold together = 80 baht.

But as we are in Thailand the resellers add on their margin and this sometimes varies depending whether the ticket numbers are deemed "lucky or auspicious" for some reason.

The prize used to be 3 million per ticket and that has now been reduced to whatever I cannot say but certainly no more than 2 million.

It was not that long ago that an investigation was conducted on the lottery but again we are in Thailand therefore nothing came out of it and nothing has changed.

I did actually win 12,000 baht a few years back, but even then they deducted something for some reason.

Talking to the wife she buys at the office just inside the supper highway on 118 as you are going in to town. The office there is not government but private the sell tickets 2 per sheet 10 sheets for 10,000 bt. Vender's resell normally for 110bt. At this office they charge 2% for cashing in a wining ticket. At warriot market its 3%. The max is 4 million baht per sheet winnings its printed on the back and you can verify on their web site I have won 56,000 baht. :)http://www.glo.or.th/index2.php

Edited by gotlost

Talking to the wife she buys at the office just inside the supper highway on 118 as you are going in to town. The office there is not government but private the sell tickets 2 per sheet 10 sheets for 10,000 bt. Vender's resell normally for 110bt. At this office they charge 2% for cashing in a wining ticket. At warriot market its 3%. The max is 4 million baht per sheet winnings its printed on the back and you can verify on their web site I have won 56,000 baht. :Dhttp://www.glo.or.th/index2.php

You sure that's not 10 sheets for 1,000.00 baht :)

Talking to the wife she buys at the office just inside the supper highway on 118 as you are going in to town. The office there is not government but private the sell tickets 2 per sheet 10 sheets for 10,000 bt. Vender's resell normally for 110bt. At this office they charge 2% for cashing in a wining ticket. At warriot market its 3%. The max is 4 million baht per sheet winnings its printed on the back and you can verify on their web site I have won 56,000 baht. :Dhttp://www.glo.or.th/index2.php

You sure that's not 10 sheets for 1,000.00 baht :)

Agree with JBG

Are you sure ???? 2 ticket sheets seems that would make it like 500 baht per ticket or 1000 baht per sheet.

I thought the gov't said the price should be 80 baht per sheet [as you put it] of 2 tickets. Big stretch between 80 baht and 1000 baht per ticket

Doesn't the Lottery Commission have some say in this and if so what are the guidelines for the pricing of tickets?

I bought a couple of tickets the other week at the market, and gave the person in the wheel chair (I always buy them from the handicapped) a hundred baht note and he gave me ten baht change. Go figure :)

One sheet equals 2 tickets equal 100 bt, 10 tickets equal 10,000 bt thats what they are charging at the office on the 118 just inside the supper highway. vendor, and there are about 10 at this site, sell for 110 bt.

='s 1,000

='s 10,000

It's seems clear that you and "gotlost" studied maths at different schools. (I think also that I and a good few others also went to different schools from "gotlost")

Perhaps he "got lost" on the way to the class the day they were doing their multiplication tables :)

DA!!!!!! you got me on that one yea it's sill 10,000bt but its 100 tickets. Lets see 100x100=10000? :)

Now after my 2nd cup of coffee I'll have a 3rd.

god help us all

Don't worry about it Gotlost, we all have bad days.....

English is not my native language either....

Do you have a native language?????

The face value of the tickets is printed on them I believe. If the sellers of lottery tickets are buying directly from the government source, I would expect they pay somewhat less than is shown and the ticket was meant to be sold as in the past 2 for 80 baht. But we must remember where we are and how many ways and by whom, the price to the consumer can be manipulated. I am remember when the government froze prices on so called essential products and the over pricing which could be seen in most supermarkets etc. When asked about this, the normal comment was 'that is today's price'

DA!!!!!! you got me on that one yea it's sill 10,000bt but its 100 tickets. Lets see 100x100=10000? :D

Now after my 2nd cup of coffee I'll have a 3rd.

god help us all

Don't worry about it Gotlost, we all have bad days.....

English is not my native language either....

Do you have a native language?????

AH, AH, AH, AH, :)

Actually I was in Pan tip Plaza looking for some of that pirated software before BIB's get there cut.

Edited by gotlost