Idiots Living Oposite Me

onnut

Having followed this thread with mild interest and awaited the photographic evidence I now feel I am in a position to comment.

What I'd do is when I come out of my house, I'd pick up the pot and place it on the pavement and then drive my car away.

Then, if it's been moved again when I get back, I'd step out of the motor (engine still running), move the pot back on to the kerb and then park my car.

I'd then walk whistling back to my house not giving it a second thought (esp. if I'd been doing this for a year).

Am I missing something?

I reckon what would really really piss em off would be to come down get out of the car move it outta the way park your car then move it back to the same position but make sure they see you doing this regularly, smile and wave and thank them for their good idea. Thatll really have them fuming

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No attitude problem, don't know why you would think that because I said Dude! And the maid thingy is not a problem, they can tell the police if they like.

my house is at the end of a dead end dude! Good idea though.

Dude? That comment displays an attitude problem.

It`s a 60000 baht fine for hiring an illegal Burmese worker.

One call to the police by a neighbour and the OP will have a big problem.

You first said that this dispute began when your spouse heard that these neighbours were talking about her. Maybe their gossip was justified, or maybe not, I of course do not know you or your spouse.

If it`s a case of not wanting to lose face, either you or your spouse, than you will never be happy living in your wife`s house.

Either you learn to adapt to the ways of Thailand or continue living with this problem.

When I moved to Chiang Mai permanantly in 2003, it took me 2 years to lose my English aggression. Since than, my lifestyle has been greatly enhanced.

It`s your problem and you have to deal with it, if you think you know best.

Edited by sassienie

I must say now that i see the picture the story is a bit ridiculous. The pot is almost in front of their home its not half way up the road just on the side of the road. I understand they do it to drive you crazy but it looks that they are at least partly in their right. I expected the pot to be far more to the middle of the road.

You first said that this dispute began when your spouse heard that these neighbours were talking about her. Maybe their gossip was justified, or maybe not, I of course do not know you or your spouse.

If it`s a case of not wanting to lose face, either you or your spouse, than you will never be happy living in your wife`s house.

Either you learn to adapt to the ways of Thailand or continue living with this problem.

When I moved to Chiang Mai permanantly in 2003, it took me 2 years to lose my English aggression. Since than, my lifestyle has been greatly enhanced.

Great that you lost your aggression too bad that the rest of your character did not improve.

No attitude problem, don't know why you would think that because I said Dude! And the maid thingy is not a problem, they can tell the police if they like.

I was once told that a 'DUDE' is a camels dick. Not sure if thats the case. I guess it would all come down to the fact if you were wearing a baseball cap backwards at the time you typed dude, if you were, you definately have an atitude problem.

OR it may have been the fact that your a honda driver? :)

I was once told that a 'DUDE' is a camels dick. Not sure if thats the case. I guess it would all come down to the fact if you were wearing a baseball cap backwards at the time you typed dude, if you were, you definately have an atitude problem.

From Wikipedia:

A dude is an individual, typically male, particularly somebody well dressed or who has never lived outside a big city. The female equivalent, which is used less often, is "dudette." However, "dude" has evolved to become more unisex to encompass both genders[3], and this was true even in the 1950s, when the word was used in its more traditional sense.[4]

The word dude is an American English slang term generally used informally to address or refer to somebody and was once used primarily by adults but this has become a common slang term used in various age groups.

As requested by onnut...here is the picture taken from the roof of his house.

post-34730-1256987359_thumb.jpg

After closely examining the CRIME SCENE, I have come up with an easy solution and her names not ning.

Why dont you in the future, upon arriving home to your particular soi, reverse your car down the soi and you will therefore be attacking your driveway from a different angle and thus the pot will become irrelevant to the angle of the dangle, if you get what I mean????? Of course if they move the pot to compensate for this they will have to place it outside their neighbours house, which wont happen, or will it?

From Wikipedia:

A dude is an individual, typically male, particularly somebody well dressed or who has never lived outside a big city. The female equivalent, which is used less often, is "dudette." However, "dude" has evolved to become more unisex to encompass both genders[3], and this was true even in the 1950s, when the word was used in its more traditional sense.[4]

The word dude is an American English slang term generally used informally to address or refer to somebody and was once used primarily by adults but this has become a common slang term used in various age groups.

Thanks for that, Dude :D (no attitude) :D

After closely examining the CRIME SCENE, I have come up with an easy solution and her names not ning.

Why dont you in the future, upon arriving home to your particular soi, reverse your car down the soi and you will therefore be attacking your driveway from a different angle and thus the pot will become irrelevant to the angle of the dangle, if you get what I mean????? Of course if they move the pot to compensate for this they will have to place it outside their neighbours house, which wont happen, or will it?

About the Dude, no worries mate, however go back to post #72, it seems it is not easy to reverse down this soi at night due to other neighbors parking in the soi. By the way, my view of the photo, that looks like a pretty narrow soi.

Just be a man and move the bloody pot far from the gateway! Jeez Onnut this is turning into the saga of TV! You could not make this sht up!

When they got to retrieve it and put it back you move it again, but further this time. Eventually, unless you are as feeble as they are they'll not have the energy to retrieve it once it gets 75 - 150 yards away in the blazin' heat.

This is a game and a battle of wills. All it takes is for you to play the game and not let it bother you :)

If it does come to the police you've got your COP connection plus pictures.

When i first started reading this I imagined a huge pot with a big tree in it.

This thing takes up about three extra feet of the road! I realise they've put it there to p*ss you off and make you have to do a 10 point turn (really I reckon one more turn than normal should do it but you know the soi not me)

Neighbour disputes can be awful and I don't doubt that this has been eating you up but in all honesty I would, if you can, let things be and just do the extra manouvers required to get your car in.

If they want to be ars*holes then let them, show them it doesn't bother you. Maybe too late for that as they, and everybody here, already know it does!

Personally I'd buy another pot and put it next to it then you could pass the time of day with them about how nice the pots and plants look. Either that or moving it when you want to park then moving it back and smiling as someone suggested earlier.

Life's too short for neighbour wars about plant pots mate.

Yeah I like JK's approach, get in there and get your hands dirty.....better still go over and see these goonies, man to man sort it out the proper way face to face. I mean, don't be aggressive just front the prick, most people back down at that point. okay, good luck and please report back, I love this thread. :)

You could also just have the maid move it as part of her duties. You could call ahead, .

Sorted.

:)

Best suggestion yet.

Or, now that you have the poo yai ruling in your favour, just pick up the pot and sling it in the corner of the soi next to that seat thingy so that it smashes to smithereens. Repeat as necessary. If money is the real issue then they'll soon go bancrupt buying new pots.

I got a few ideas...

* Buy a motorbike

* Reverse up the soi?

* Sh1t in the pot was a good one

* Cut 2 eye-holes in a white bed sheet and make some wooooooooo-ooooo-oo noises

* Kill yourself because if you need 'our' help to deal with this then life is only going to get harder for you buddy.

So its only me who thinks his contradicting statements show there is something wrong in the whole scenario he has painted?

Yes :) However I think the op is relying on other peoples version of what the old ladies said. Neither he nor his lady heard directly what was said and they are relying on third party information.

This third party information may or may not be factual! But the pot is there and is causing a headache for him.

If it was me I would simply knock on their door and politely ask them to remove the pot. If they refuse other measures have to be taken!

I got a few ideas...

* Buy a motorbike

* Reverse up the soi?

* Kill yourself because if you need 'our' help to deal with this then life is only going to get harder for you buddy.

I nominate you for the "Idiotic Post of Year Award!"

I think you are reading and interpreting my post in the wrong way! Sorry I do not wish to offend but I cannot be any clearer about this story.

I am not an angry person and I enjoy living in MY house with MY wife and son. As far as I and my wife is concerned we are married to death do us part and we BOTH own the house which we have both worked hard to save and buy TOGETHER.

Glad you are happy in Thailand as well otherwise what reason would there be to stay?

I got a few ideas...

* Buy a motorbike

* Reverse up the soi?

Why? Because you think he'll take my advice literally? I feel for you people, how did you make decisions before internet forums?

I got a few ideas...

* Buy a motorbike

* Reverse up the soi?

Why? Because you think he'll take my advice literally? I feel for you people, how did you make decisions before internet forums?

Why are you here then since you have infinite wisdom?

I must say now that i see the picture the story is a bit ridiculous. The pot is almost in front of their home its not half way up the road just on the side of the road. I understand they do it to drive you crazy but it looks that they are at least partly in their right. I expected the pot to be far more to the middle of the road.

You are right about it seems ridiculous, and I guess it does to people on the outside. It's not easy to explain over the Internet. I have lived with it for over a year and not really thought about it. But then last week they moved the pot in the middle further out than in the photo and that is when I snapped. The pot is in a public road and is in the way and the poo yai guy agrees that they should move it in closer so we can back the car in. I know I must sound a little bad towards then but we have done nothing wrong and I think it is just jealousy on there behalf.

So I feel that as it is a public road I have the right to be able to back my car in. I work here and pay my way so why should I put up with this treatment?

I do not "need" advice on how to sort this problem, I posted this because I thought it would make a good topic. At the same time I have had some great advice and some posts have been very funny to read.

I think you are reading and interpreting my post in the wrong way! Sorry I do not wish to offend but I cannot be any clearer about this story.

I am not an angry person and I enjoy living in MY house with MY wife and son. As far as I and my wife is concerned we are married to death do us part and we BOTH own the house which we have both worked hard to save and buy TOGETHER.

Glad you are happy in Thailand as well otherwise what reason would there be to stay?

Sorry, but under Thai law, you do not own the house you live in.

If all or part of the funds that bought the house was your money, than that again is illegal. You are also breaking the law by hiring an illegal Burmese worker.

I am making these points, not to flame, but as trying to explain to you that in Thailand it is smart to keep your head down and not become involved with disputes.

In the event that this argument with your neighbours escalates into something serious, under the Thai system, you will not win. We are only glorified tourists here, keeping in mind that we have no rights, only privileges.

If you intend to live in Thailand in peace and happiness, than, Wise up my friend.

Edited by sassienie

Just this week a new neighbour (luckily the wife of a friend) starting parking her car right outside my house because their side of the road is hot. We have the shade of the buildings and a tree. I soon got it moved and my wife deliberatley parked a motorbike outside just to stop her.

The road is the road. Any declaration of ownership is arbitrary.

in my experience, it is very common to claim an area outside of your home or business. rolling gates, large rocks, traffic cones. plastic buckets etc are all over bangkok where people have staked a claim on a piece of public road.