Can You Use Power Craft On Mabprachan Lake?

OnNutter

Just a quick question for the Pattaya Forum oracles, I am looking to move from BKK to Pattaya/Jomtien area in the New Year and quite fancy the Mabprachan Lake area (just far enough away from the madding crowd!) and was wondering if you can use small power craft on the lake there...when I say small, I mean jet-ski or ski-boat size craft.

Also what are the shopping/dining/drinking facilities like in this area, any insight into these questions would be greatly appreciated. :)

You basically cannot use powered crafts on Lake Mabprachan, basically because it is used as city water and they do not want the risks associated with engines (oil etc).

Although I assume they wouldn't mind you using one of those tiny electrical battery powered outboards.

Only times I've seen powered boats on there is with the yearly long tail boat racing. The army always has a few dinghies on the water with officials in them...

Just a quick question for the Pattaya Forum oracles, I am looking to move from BKK to Pattaya/Jomtien area in the New Year and quite fancy the Mabprachan Lake area (just far enough away from the madding crowd!) and was wondering if you can use small power craft on the lake there...when I say small, I mean jet-ski or ski-boat size craft.

Also what are the shopping/dining/drinking facilities like in this area, any insight into these questions would be greatly appreciated. :)

So you want to move to a nice, peaceful and quiet area and make it noisy?

So you want to move to a nice, peaceful and quiet area and make it noisy?

No, that was not the point of the question. Had there been power craft on the lake it would already have the related noise..would it not. I never said I wanted to move to a ''nice, peaceful and quite area'' I just don't want to fall over drunken yobs and bar girls on the way to the shops! Oh, and it was not a case of me wanting to make a quite area noisy, just a simple enquiry, but thanks for your input, for what it was worth!

Edited by OnNutter

You basically cannot use powered crafts on Lake Mabprachan, basically because it is used as city water and they do not want the risks associated with engines (oil etc).

Although I assume they wouldn't mind you using one of those tiny electrical battery powered outboards.

Only times I've seen powered boats on there is with the yearly long tail boat racing. The army always has a few dinghies on the water with officials in them...

Thanks Monty, it was just a casual inquiry but some people seem unable to answer a question without asking one, your response had the information I was seeking, thanks again.

The Thai Rowing Club had to get permission from the water board to use the lake for pracice and events. I would agree with Monty that it is used for rinking water and using engined controlled machines would not be a good idea.

Take up wind surfing :D

We used to live around the lake - one day they found a bloated decomposing body of a man :)

Mabprachan is beautiful. particularly in the winter when it freezes and we all go out on our skates and play some good old ice hockey. and... you don't really wanna jet ski on Mabprachan. it's our little oasis of tranquility. i'm certain once you move in, you might agree. then again, you like jet skiing so you look at the lake as a perfect surface for some fun. and i do have to agree with you... if i were into jet skiing, that lake would be the bomb location yo.

We used to live around the lake - one day they found a bloated decomposing body of a man :D

You should ask the locals what turned up when the lake was low enough to walk across. :)

(Hint; be grateful for the water processing plant on the hill)

So there's plenty of water in it this year?

We used to live around the lake - one day they found a bloated decomposing body of a man :D

You should ask the locals what turned up when the lake was low enough to walk across. :)

(Hint; be grateful for the water processing plant on the hill)

So there's plenty of water in it this year?

Yup, not full to the brim, but we've been having a fair bit of rain so not too bad.

Plus they have finally installed that link up with the Sri Racha reservoir...