1st Post: Looking For Help With Visa Strategy Until April

I’ve been a lurker on this forum for 6 months or so. This is my first post.

I’m 30 years old from USA (Las Vegas). I came to Thailand for the first time on September 20 and had a return flight home for November 18. I’m on a 60 day tourist visa I obtained in Los Angeles (btw this is my first time traveling out of USA).

I’m now interested in pretty much staying here forever (but need visa help only till April).

I need to go home December 9 to December 30.

My first question is what is my best option to stay from November 18 to December 9? I read some things about extensions of stay. Right now I’m living in Udon Thani. I’m curious the best place to go about requesting staying till December 9 or if I should make a border run and come back with or without a visa? For the remaining period.

When I get back USA, I don’t think it will be much problem getting a second 60 day tourist Visa which will give me through February.

Once I’m here in February, I really don’t want to return to USA, but also don’t want any red stamps or problems. I need to find way to stay till April.

The reason I’m looking to stay until April is by then I’ll no more on what I plan to do to stay in Thailand forever:

I have a girlfriend here I’m very happy with and have lived with since I arrived. I talked to her six weeks near constantly on MSN before coming here, she was just learning English and I was trying to learn Thai (already had tripped plan here) and we started off as friends teaching each other (have some common connections as I know many thai people in Las Vegas) and then a few weeks in got really into each other.

I’m very happy with her; however her Mom asks for 100K SinSod and 3baht gold. If it wasn’t for that I’d take the gamble and just marry her now. However, I think delaying things and making sure I’m still sure after having lived her 6 or 7 months would be better regardless, plus if I just fork over that kind of money so quickly (which I don’t have due to working out of upside down loans to leave expensive Las Vegas lifestyle) it just doesn’t set good precedent on what the family expects or believes I’m capable of.

Come April, I’ll be out of my debts and obligations in US by then and be in better financial shape and much more familiar with Thailand. I do internet marketing and had thoughts of hiring some Thai graphic designers and programmers and then possibly hire farang to do English content. So setting up a Thai company might be something I am interested in doing.

I hope to live in Thailand for a long time so the other options are Education Visa or just living half the time in Thailand and half the time somewhere else in the event come April I decide I’m not ready for marriage or for starting a Thai company.

This site has a ton of great content, but I find so much information overwhelming and some parts confusion. I’m hoping someone experienced can help me with options and advice for formulating a Visa strategy until April based on what I posted.

For record: I’m not opposed to setting up Thai company now (just believe I likely lack finances for it) but am opposed to getting married just yet but if things are same come April, I’m good to go then on that.

Advice anyone?

Thanks in advanced.

There is a lot of details on forum, this website and Google, so am not really asking someone to do the work for me as far as advice goes.

I guess my concern is: Can I get 3 or 4 tourist visas in a row? I know yes, it is posible, but what I don't know is how high the risk of getting declined the 3rd or 4th time. Am also unsure if staying as a tourist extended period of time has any impact at all (negative or positive) come time later in April to be working on Non-Immigrant visa.

The extension of stay I find the info much more confusing - I read lots of reports of people being declined, others saying no problem, others saying only with proof of return flight. So staying till December 9 is my first thing I am not sure of. I'm in Udon with just a motorbike and no license to drive it, so help with that would be the most valuable. Though any just helpful thoughts on anything posted here or above is appreciated.

Regarding PM about graphic design. This will need to wait for now but I'll save it for future.

To answer the first of about 25 questions, sounds like you can get the 30 day extension of your current Tourist Visa at the new Udon Thani Immigration office (wherever that is) or at Nong Khai (near the bridge) for 1900 baht which will take you through 9 December.

To answer the first of about 25 questions, sounds like you can get the 30 day extension of your current Tourist Visa at the new Udon Thani Immigration office (wherever that is) or at Nong Khai (near the bridge) for 1900 baht which will take you through 9 December.

Thank you. I'll check that out

So my 50 satang on your non-Visa issues: The official slogan of Las Vegas is “What happens here stays here” meaning you can have your fun in LV then leave it all behind.

With what you are describing, you are stuck... and whatever it costs to get in, extricating will cost a whole lot more.

Visa: get extension of stay for 30 days using tm.7/4x6cm photos and 1,900 baht from Nong Khai (Udon not open for extensions yet at last report). Try to obtain a two entry tourist visa for your next trip. At any rate visa for this time period should not be a major problem.

Sounds like you don't have a lot of money to spare - 100K baht sinsod + 3baht gold are going to be the beginning of your nightmare! Keep seeing her, get your visa and job situation squared away first - and Don't Marry her yet.

yes listen whatchamacallit dont married here i have a girl friend for 5 years now shee want to married me i dont want i dont want to gave my money for is familly and if you married here you married all familly and now the trouble start 100k plus gold its abouth 325.000 k and everry time the mother brother sister father go to hospital shee ask me the money for the hospital i said hey stop my name its Richard not ATM machine lol geez thats why maybe i quit here to manny pressure for mee so gl and Dont Married here loll