Returning To Singapore

soihok

The move will not be permanent as Thailand is my home now, although the offer of gaining Singapore permanent residency will be on the table.

I am from England and I,m so happy that I dont have to go back there to make ends meet. Awful thought really.

A move in the right direction to accumulate more funds to be able do the best for my family , in the perspective of making more money than I could hope to do here in Thailand.

But it comes at a price.

The kids will be once again couped up in a small condo with limited area to play/run around and the chance of chasing chickens around is quite remote. I will have the opportunity of placing them in good schools however.

I used to enjoy chasing chickens, but I,m married now , so its no chickens for me either.

The wife will once again receive descrimination because of her nationality ,albeit small and nothing that causes too much hassle.

I,ve enjoyed my last 5 months here in Korat and far away in the hills of Pak Chong/ Sungnerng/Pak Chong Chai.

Just to say ,, moving on and I,m lucky my employer is willing to sponser my family to come with me and to pay their air fares.

Cheers

:)

Singapore offers great parks for your kids plus education is so much better over there. Why miss Thailand? Can always come back here for holidays and like you said with loads of cash to spend.

Wish I could relocate to Singapore. Got a job for me there? :)

Edited by Flow

many farang returning to the UK with no options.

A bit of a" last chicken in the shop" option having to return to the UK and I do realise that I,m very lucky to get this job.

I left the UK in 94 and had to return for a few months in 97 but thats been it up to now.

I am lucky not to have to return at all , up to now at least.

I have lived in Singapore for almost 8 years.

The job is in Tunnel Construction.

Edited by soihok

many farang returning to the UK with no options.

A bit of a" last chicken in the shop" option having to return to the UK and I do realise that I,m very lucky to get this job.

I left the UK in 94 and had to return for a few months in 97 but thats been it up to now.

I am lucky not to have to return at all , up to now at least.

I have lived in Singapore for almost 8 years.

The job is in Tunnel Construction.

Good luck.

See you back in a couple of years when they need you on the Patong Tunnel ! :)

Thanks Guts.

Gaining Singaporean PR has its gains and also its losses.

I dont wish to make Singapore my home, my home is Thailand.

Holding a PR there will open up more educational facilities for the kids , but , dont forget that you are then bound by the rules of being a part of Singapore.

Is that what I really want for my family and myself.............?.............no thanks. I ,ll take the money and be classed as an expat rather than a local.

I,ll offer my services to the country and leave it at that.

I know Brit guys that struggle to keep up with CPF payments, let alone find employment .

Edited by soihok

Dare I say you're going for a job concerning the circle line???

Job security, education & crime is low (I can't think of any other good things)

Higher pay packet also equates to higher cost of living.

Pressure is tremendous, depends on how you would take it.

Coming here is totally different from LOS though..

Dare I say you're going for a job concerning the circle line???

Job security, education & crime is low (I can't think of any other good things)

Higher pay packet also equates to higher cost of living.

Pressure is tremendous, depends on how you would take it.

Coming here is totally different from LOS though..

Circle Line done and dusted ( our section of it anyway) this year.Worked on it for three years.

Downtown Line this time mate.

Good luck.

Life in Singapore won't be that bad. It has a lot to offer and your missus and kids will gain a wider perspective of the world than available in Thailand.

Yes, and you can still chase the chickens, out of town. But sure you will miss us back here. :)

I do feel sorry for Singaporean kids with respect to how much pressure they are under to acheive at school.

Kind of sums up the pressure that most Singaporeans are under, all trying to compete within such a small and crowded place.

Not easy at all.

As for my kids....oldest is 7 and is mentally disabled, so she will have access to (a few) good schools.

The other is only 2.

Edited by soihok