Understanding X-pats

siamamerican

Maybe overall, the average Thai is becoming less tolerant of excessive farang long-term expats. Usually, I think most average Thais in the Thai social structure have been non-inclusive (xenophobic). If it's true that the Gini coefficients of wealth and income disparity here are still very unbalanced, perhaps Thailand will never ever be a first world country.

My rose-coloured glasses broke, but it's still a great place to live cheaply.

So this is a forum about Thailand, and I as a Thai person, think that I am allowed to voice my opinions regarding you and your fellow farangs who constantly discuss Thailand and its people. Foreigners who live in the Land of Smiles should also be subject to criticism just as Thais are subject to the onslaught of denunciations that you people are constantly throwing at us. The relationship between farangs and Thais goes sour, and and you still wonder why? People like you have only yourselves to blame.

Like Jingthing, I welcome further posts by you, 'WhiningeingMoaner,' because your intent was not clear.

Was it something I said in the post you quoted?

Yes i must say i am also very inquisitive of WhingeingMoaner, but because of the perfect spelling and English pronunciation..credit has to be given..

Not that such abilities should be beyond a well educated Thai,but because it is a bit of a rarity to see it displayed on these boards..

Maybe because such well educated thais have better things to do than argue with farangs on the net!? :)

Also you sound like you maybe a female Thai, WM?

So, i think we are all waiting for you to indulge us?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe overall, the average Thai is becoming less tolerant of excessive farang long-term expats. Usually, I think most average Thais in the Thai social structure have been non-inclusive (xenophobic). If it's true that the Gini coefficients of wealth and income disparity here are still very unbalanced, perhaps Thailand will never ever be a first world country.

My rose-coloured glasses broke, but it's still a great place to live cheaply.

So this is a forum about Thailand, and I as a Thai person, think that I am allowed to voice my opinions regarding you and your fellow farangs who constantly discuss Thailand and its people. Foreigners who live in the Land of Smiles should also be subject to criticism just as Thais are subject to the onslaught of denunciations that you people are constantly throwing at us. The relationship between farangs and Thais goes sour, and and you still wonder why? People like you have only yourselves to blame.

Like Jingthing, I welcome further posts by you, 'WhiningeingMoaner,' because your intent was not clear.

Was it something I said in the post you quoted?

Considering fierce Thai patriotism i think maybe this is what got at his/her gander?