Thai Consulate Taipei

Hi

Anyone have recent experience with the Consulate. Not surprisingly, they don't reply to emails. I'm going to Taiwan for a holiday and may take the opportunity to pick up a new 2 month Thai Tourist Visa.

I will be going November 12.

Thanks for the reply

Con

Hi

Anyone have recent experience with the Consulate. Not surprisingly, they don't reply to emails. I'm going to Taiwan for a holiday and may take the opportunity to pick up a new 2 month Thai Tourist Visa.

Thanks for the reply

Con

yes have 1

No. 168, 12th Floor, Sung Jian Road,

Taipei 104

Tel. (88-62) 2581-1979

Fax. (88-62) 2581-8707

Email. [email protected] and office hours

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday

09.00 - 12.00 hours

14.00 - 17.00 hours

Given the sensitive matter of Taiwan being a country or a part of China, most countries don't haven an official embassy or consulate in Taiwan, but call it a trade mission or something like that.

China would be seriously offended if a country opens up an embassy or consulate in Taiwan, as that would mean you officially recognize Taiwan as an independent country.

Hi

Thanks for the reply

Con

YES, I lived there for 18 months and acquired 3 TOURIST visas for Thailand (last one 6 months ago).

BE PREPARED to show a bank statement (current, or CASH) showing your ability to survive in Thailand the duration of your 60 day visa - they will ask for it (forget asking for a double entry - they don't issue them). Your paper work showing your ability to support yourself financially is submitted with your application.

You will also required to show an air ticket leaving Thailand upon the 60 day visa expiring. This is submitted with your application also. Neither point is negotiable. You don't show a ticket leaving Thailand, you don't get a visa. As a matter of fact, they won't even process it.

The Trade Office is not "friendly" like Penang (in the old days) or Vientiane currently. They have asked every time why 30 days will not be sufficient for a visit.

So, BE PREPARED.

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out

- Recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant

- Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full)

- Evidence of adequate finance (10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family)

- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary

Above is the official requirement for tourist visa issue by a Consulate from MFA website.