I have read a brief description of the new(ish) Kasikorn e-web card: does anyone have experience of this card. How does it work and how easy is it to obtain?

I already have a Kasikorn savings account...does that help?

I am itching to use a card on the internet for booking/etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...
someone must have some experience of these eweb cards: Please tell;

Wilson, I'm also interested in this card, but my local branch has no clue, so I'm working through the main branch on Monday...

0-2888-8888 is their number if you want to call and ask directly

Here is what's on their website... Looks to me like another type of debit card, not a credit card...

e-Web Card

One of the latest innovations from KASIKORNBANK, the e-Web Card gives you purchasing power in cyberspace, allowing you to purchase products from around the world without leaving the convenience of your home or office. Take advantage of the best deals the web has to offer with the KBANK e-Web Shopping card, available in a variety of amounts, starting from 2000 baht.

Benefits

Shop online securely and conveniently with the e-Web card from KBANK, designed to give you access to the best the web has to offer.

Secure, online shopping with a maximum limit of 100,000 baht

Yes, Thanks for that, I see they issue cards with 2000-100,000 baht. It seems to me like a pre-paid loaded credit card with a password.

I already have an account with TFB (Kasikorn) so if I could get a card it would be great for online purchases, hotel booking, etc.

I don't know why there aren't more pre-paid credit cards available in set amounts, it is far safer than debit cards and credit cards, which it can take several months to get the money back after fraud.

Wilson Steer.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone out there with an account with Kasikorn bank know more about this card.

I went to a branch on Pattaya Klang; the person I was speaking to knew nothing and could not/would not help, then another girl who spoke better English told me to come back the next day and speak to the banker who did know something.

I went back and started all over again, very frustrating. They 'Kasikorn' bank advertise this e-web card on their website, but never seem to know.

Any news/feedback appreciated. Tomorrow I will try the other Kasikorn branch on Pattaya Tai.

W.S.

• 1 month later...

I've just talked to the Kasikorn enquiries people about this. It's not a physical card at all. It's just a card number and an expiry date. Also they don't give you a card verification number (the 3 digit thing on the back), so really it's of little use these days.

As for their other "debit" card, the Flex-C debit card, that cannot be used online, only in a point-of-sale electronic machine. She told me that on the back it DOES have a 3-digit card verification number but DOES NOT have a verified by VISA number.

Confused? Yeah, me too. Is anyone using one of these?

• 8 months later...
Any word on this?

I have one (not a physical card) - I have Internet banking with kasikorn - I just clicked a link in it about a year ago and applied for the eweb card - I chose an nominal amount of 20k - All fine

I have it listed in my accounts list online - it has a 16 digit number - but no pin or 3 digit code etc

( and I dont know if it is visa/amex/mcard etc) so it as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike...

I have no idea how to use it!

I've just talked to the Kasikorn enquiries people about this. It's not a physical card at all. It's just a card number and an expiry date. Also they don't give you a card verification number (the 3 digit thing on the back), so really it's of little use these days.

As for their other "debit" card, the Flex-C debit card, that cannot be used online, only in a point-of-sale electronic machine. She told me that on the back it DOES have a 3-digit card verification number but DOES NOT have a verified by VISA number.

Confused? Yeah, me too. Is anyone using one of these?

I have a Flex card and also Internet banking. It says it is a Visa card and 16 digits and it DOES have the 3 digit card verification number on the back.

I was working in Pakistan and used the card to get cash from ATM machines BUT IT IS NOT a credit card. It works very well while you have funds in the account but as usual no mon, no hon and no fun.

It took a while to set up the internet banking as I seem to be the only one in the village who does this and the problem is that it takes about 3 working days to get your account updated.

I have the e-web "card" but as others have said it's useless as you dont get the 3 digit security code. I asked K-bank about this and the reply was they are working on getting the 3 digit number for the e-web card.

Another e-web card I have used, with 3 digit code, is from www.epassporte.com

You can load it via the web from your credit card and then use the e-web card for your web transactions, works fine.

billd766

I have a Flex card and also Internet banking. It says it is a Visa card and 16 digits and it DOES have the 3 digit card verification number on the back.

Is the Flex card from K bank or another Thai bank or are you refering to the UK Nationwide Flexaccount?

billd766

Is the Flex card from K bank or another Thai bank or are you refering to the UK Nationwide Flexaccount?

The Flex card is from the K Bank. I don't have a UK bank but I do bank offshore with LloydsTSB.

I tried to get internet banking with Bangkok bank once but they seemed to have so many petty rules I gave up.

• 4 weeks later...

:o

Good news for anyone who has or wants the e-web card from Kasikorn bank. They have now introduced the 3 digit "Verified By Visa" code for all their credit cards AND for those who hold the e-web virtual card. You do need to register to get the VBV code, details available under K-cyberbanking.

I am waiting for the 16 digit e-web number. Once I have that I will register for VBV and let you know how I get on with online purchases. In the meantime though, if anyone has already got their VBV code please post to let us know if you have been able to make online purchases.

:D:o:D

It works!!

A few days ago I got my verified by visa registered for my e-web virtual card from the bank. First of all let me grovel a bit by making the mistake of thinking that they would provide a 3 digit code. It is in fact a password that you enter online if requested by the mercant.

As soon as I got everything in order I immediately attempted to place an order on Amazon (they do not request a 3 digit code)..everything went smoothly. The next day, I got a message from Amazon stating that there is a problem with the issuing bank etc etc.

I called Kasikorn and was basically told that Visa have not approved them for VbV for the e-web card and that they would remove the info from their site ..wonderful I thought. I was told that by May all should be well.

With me so far? Today, just for the hel_l of it I attepted to buy an online game from a company in Singapore...I put in the card number and in the 3 digit verification code I entered 000. A new window popped up requesting my VbV password! :D The transaction went through and a few minutes later I was able to play the game.

I then thought I'd re-check the status on Amazon..I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that the error message had disappeared and now been replaced with preparing order for despatch or words to that effect.

So ..it works!!

:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info jing. Have now done the same but unfortunately the website I wanted to use was not "Verified by VISA" and required the 3 digit CVV code.

I sent an email to K-Bank and this was their reply (same reply I got about 8 months ago on the same question)

"We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and assure you that we always do everything possible to offer you KBANK's finest. According to your e-mail, we are pleased to provide the information as you requested.

We are sorry to inform you that we cannot identify the time that e-Web card will have 3 digit security code as you requested. Please kindly be informed that the bank is developing e-Web Card to have 3-digit Verification Code.

After the bank finish the process, the bank will inform to the users

immediately."

Did you try entering '000' for the 3 digit code? I have tried this a couple of times, sometimes it works but not always.

I too have had contact with Kasikorn regarding the 3 digit code and they basically said that they're working at it and will let us know when it comes into play.

Yes, I did try '000' but nothing happened. This site did not have the 'Verified by VISA' logo displayed as I have seen on some other sites. I have sent an email to this particular site to check if something can be done.

Anyway, thanks for the info, will try on other sites when I find something of interest to buy.

Thx for info. i should have know about it faster. cos today i just open new bank account ( again ) in TMB cos i called them n they said i could use debit card online n i asked many times ( i called them more than 4 times ) about e bay n paypal. they said yes n yes n yes as long as i have their bank account. anyway i have their bank account wiv debit card already but i cant use it so i thought cos its university card,too. but now i know not cos of its student card. but cos it cant be used !!!! after i do something on ebay, n found out i cant use it. i called call center again to asked wats wrong cos they have told me that i can use it. n then she asked me wat's paypal? lol WAT!!!!! u dont know wats paypal but u told me YES!!!! n after that she asked me many info about my account number n my name anything she could ask.. been away 5 mins n come back wiv cutie voice that sorry u cant use it wivout machine... GREAT!!!!! eh?? so i guess they know nothing about ebay n paypal after i been asked n explained to them 4 times b4.. n dont wanna serach for info.. so they just say yes n yes.. one more thing.. b4 i tried wiv this one.. i opened bank account wiv bangkok bank.. cos i talked to a staff in MBK branch. he said i can use it ( after i been explain wat is ebay ) n yesss i cant use it.. lol

well. thx for info.. i tried to call 02-888-8800 ( thai version ) but no one picks up.. i guess they r too busy.. n after once someone picked up.. but i have been waiting over 1 hr... i dont know why.. many customers eh :o

i will try again tmr n let u know...

Thx for info. i should have know about it faster. cos today i just open new bank account ( again ) in TMB cos i called them n they said i could use debit card online n i asked many times ( i called them more than 4 times ) about e bay n paypal. they said yes n yes n yes as long as i have their bank account. anyway i have their bank account wiv debit card already but i cant use it so i thought cos its university card,too. but now i know not cos of its student card. but cos it cant be used !!!! after i do something on ebay, n found out i cant use it. i called call center again to asked wats wrong cos they have told me that i can use it. n then she asked me wat's paypal? lol WAT!!!!! u dont know wats paypal but u told me YES!!!! n after that she asked me many info about my account number n my name anything she could ask.. been away 5 mins n come back wiv cutie voice that sorry u cant use it wivout machine... GREAT!!!!! eh?? so i guess they know nothing about ebay n paypal after i been asked n explained to them 4 times b4.. n dont wanna serach for info.. so they just say yes n yes.. one more thing.. b4 i tried wiv this one.. i opened bank account wiv bangkok bank.. cos i talked to a staff in MBK branch. he said i can use it ( after i been explain wat is ebay ) n yesss i cant use it.. lol

well. thx for info.. i tried to call 02-888-8800 ( thai version ) but no one picks up.. i guess they r too busy.. n after once someone picked up.. but i have been waiting over 1 hr... i dont know why.. many customers eh :o

i will try again tmr n let u know...

I'm reading the Paypal User Guide in Thai PDF format that Bangkok Bank of New York sent me....In Thai it's telling me that there are two ways you can use paypal...Via Bangkok Bank credit card and Kasikorn Ecard....I'll keep reading and tell you the instructions...

In the mean time, no one has answered the Op's question about accessibility to the E-card. Is it only for credit card accounts or will a standard savings account work? Last time I tried to open a basic savings account at Kasikorn Bank (inside a Big C center) They gave me the farang work permit hassle...so I gave up...

Which Kasikorn branch can a farang w/o work permit but on continuous non imigrant o visas open an account, and buy an e-card???

Yesterday i talked wiv a guy who would like to do something wiv ebay n google.. he told me that he sent application to Bangkok Bang in NY n waiting for da reply.. n yes he has credit card. so i think my debit cards wont work eh? as for K bank.. i dont know wats wrong wiv their call centre i tried n tried n tried.. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they r too busy i guess n now im too busy wiv my parttime job.. so i dont know if a student like me could have that e card n wonder if could do anything wiv it on Ebay.. anyway i tried to find info about it cos after i signed up to be a member of paypal. i posted some pix n they charged me 0.50 $ i just wanna pay them 0.50$ thats why i tried to find out how.. cos i know i cant send money order wiv 1$ n i dont wanna see da cop caught me cos of BIG 50 cents that i havent paid to ebay.. lol

k pls keep updating... thx.

Yesterday i talked wiv a guy who would like to do something wiv ebay n google.. he told me that he sent application to Bangkok Bang in NY n waiting for da reply.. n yes he has credit card. so i think my debit cards wont work eh? as for K bank.. i dont know wats wrong wiv their call centre i tried n tried n tried.. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they r too busy i guess n now im too busy wiv my parttime job.. so i dont know if a student like me could have that e card n wonder if could do anything wiv it on Ebay.. anyway i tried to find info about it cos after i signed up to be a member of paypal. i posted some pix n they charged me 0.50 $ i just wanna pay them 0.50$ thats why i tried to find out how.. cos i know i cant send money order wiv 1$ n i dont wanna see da cop caught me cos of BIG 50 cents that i havent paid to ebay.. lol

k pls keep updating... thx.

Hi labom, Could you change your font style - size/colour scheme, I can't read your post. :o

Labom...my assumption is you're a Thai University student...and presumably a girl...

Anyway, if you PM me your email, I can forward you the Paypal/Ebay users guide for Thai people (in Thai language) It's in PDF, so it would be easier for you to get going. Like I said, pay pal offers two options for you,

Credit Card for Bangkok Bank

or

E-card from Kasikorn bank

Sounds like you need to purchase the minimum 2000 baht Ecard and follow the instructions for the Thai pay pal guide that'll I send you if you wish. Noone's answered the questions about the E card yet. Can anyone purchase it or only those with Kasikorn Bank accounts? And if so, which bank account is required and where can the foreigner with non immigrant visa (no work permit) get such an account?

Other questions that arise is if using this e-card with paypal, looks like will only be able to spend money. Can money be transferred from pay pal to the E-card and then some how be turned into usable baht again...i.e. ATM / local bank transfer???

E-web visacard is very good and safe banking tool to do online shopping..For example you can make a visanumber for one purchase only and after you have made your shopping you can jus delete the visanumber you used...

Sadly not many banks offer this tool..In my homecountry Finland no bank offer this safe tool to do online shopping. :o

.That is why i use swedish-estonian banks u-kard for this ( http://www.seb.ee/index/1301200517 ) :D

I quess kasikorn e-webcard is similar..

Good for them if offering customers such a great banking tool :D

• 4 weeks later...