Honda (new) Car Sales Petkasem Rd Hua Hin

terrypig

We bought a "Honda city" car a couple of years ago from the Honda dealership in Kanchanaburi, we got excellent service and their sales person Khun Noi became a real friend to myself and my wife. The car was great too and served us very well.

Several of my friends living in Hua Hin drive Honda vehicles and we decided that we would change the car and either buy a "Civic" or the "new Honda city" car. We were strongly advised by several of our friends to use the Honda dealership in Pranburi, they cited poor service and poor deals from the local dealership in Hua Hin which is located on the Petkasem Rd just a few kms north of HH town center and more or less opposite the Hin Nam Condominium complex and night club.

We eventually ordered a "new City" from the Hua Hin dealership and had been initially serviced there by Khun Nam. The colour we ordered was not such a popular colour so we were told by Kh Nam that the car may take up to 2 month to come into stock but we were in no hurry so agreed. Khun Nam promised if it took longer than 2 mos then she would cancel the deal and refund in full our deposit if we so wished. This seemed reasonable.

The car duly arrived in just under the 2 month deadline but then the problems really started. It took the dealership five whole days to even start to ready the car, eventually it was handed over to us six days after it arrived in Hua Hin minus just about every extra we had ordered and paid for. At the order stage Khun Nam could not be more helpful, after she got our money she could not have been less helpful.

We complained right to the top and spoke to the owner of the dealership in Hua Hin. We were promised all would be put to right at once, even his promise was entirely hollow and false as almost four weeks after taking delivery of the new car we still do not have all the extras. The road tax disc (which should be on a new car before its driven out of the shop) was only supplied two days ago, the reversing sensor is still not on the car and the “free” tow rope and emergency light are still completely missing. We shall probably never see those.

We also paid for class 1 insurance through the dealership. We do not have a single shred of paper to show that we are insured. Khun Nam simply said in an off hand way no problem if you have an accident just give me a call. That’s worrying because Khun Nam does not answer calls to her, she does not respond to messages left and we feel that of all the car dealerships we have used in Thailand being Toyota Sukhumvit Bangkok, Mitsubishi Nakhon Pathom, Toyota Cha Am, Toyota Petburi and Chevrolet and Isuzu Hua Hin the Honda dealership in Hua Hin wins the top accolade for the poorest service we have ever encountered. It seems our friends were right all along, if you’re buying a Honda drive to Pranburi the short distance involved is well worth it in terms of stress and anxiety reduction. We shall write to Honda cars Thailand to complain about this dealership, so watch this space. We shall also send a copy of this posting to the owner of the Hua Hin dealership.

We bought a "Honda city" car a couple of years ago from the Honda dealership in Kanchanaburi, we got excellent service and their sales person Khun Noi became a real friend to myself and my wife. The car was great too and served us very well.

Several of my friends living in Hua Hin drive Honda vehicles and we decided that we would change the car and either buy a "Civic" or the "new Honda city" car. We were strongly advised by several of our friends to use the Honda dealership in Pranburi, they cited poor service and poor deals from the local dealership in Hua Hin which is located on the Petkasem Rd just a few kms north of HH town center and more or less opposite the Hin Nam Condominium complex and night club.

We eventually ordered a "new City" from the Hua Hin dealership and had been initially serviced there by Khun Nam. The colour we ordered was not such a popular colour so we were told by Kh Nam that the car may take up to 2 month to come into stock but we were in no hurry so agreed. Khun Nam promised if it took longer than 2 mos then she would cancel the deal and refund in full our deposit if we so wished. This seemed reasonable.

The car duly arrived in just under the 2 month deadline but then the problems really started. It took the dealership five whole days to even start to ready the car, eventually it was handed over to us six days after it arrived in Hua Hin minus just about every extra we had ordered and paid for. At the order stage Khun Nam could not be more helpful, after she got our money she could not have been less helpful.

We complained right to the top and spoke to the owner of the dealership in Hua Hin. We were promised all would be put to right at once, even his promise was entirely hollow and false as almost four weeks after taking delivery of the new car we still do not have all the extras. The road tax disc (which should be on a new car before its driven out of the shop) was only supplied two days ago, the reversing sensor is still not on the car and the “free” tow rope and emergency light are still completely missing. We shall probably never see those.

We also paid for class 1 insurance through the dealership. We do not have a single shred of paper to show that we are insured. Khun Nam simply said in an off hand way no problem if you have an accident just give me a call. That’s worrying because Khun Nam does not answer calls to her, she does not respond to messages left and we feel that of all the car dealerships we have used in Thailand being Toyota Sukhumvit Bangkok, Mitsubishi Nakhon Pathom, Toyota Cha Am, Toyota Petburi and Chevrolet and Isuzu Hua Hin the Honda dealership in Hua Hin wins the top accolade for the poorest service we have ever encountered. It seems our friends were right all along, if you’re buying a Honda drive to Pranburi the short distance involved is well worth it in terms of stress and anxiety reduction. We shall write to Honda cars Thailand to complain about this dealership, so watch this space. We shall also send a copy of this posting to the owner of the Hua Hin dealership.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with that dealership Terrypig,

We bought both our cars at the Honda dealership in Pranburi, but mainly because there was not one in Hua Hin at that time. As we live on the south end of town we also went to Pranburi for service for a while even after the one in town opened as I feared that it would be more expensive just because it was in Hua Hin. Then, someone told me the Hua Hin shop was good so I've had my last two regular services (oil changes and tire rotations, etc.) done there. To my surprise the prices seemed to be the same as Pranburi (maybe set by the company nationally) and the service was quick and seemed competent. I did attempt to buy my renewal insurance through them though and found that I could get a better deal on the same policy elsewhere. I checked several agents and ended up going back to Honda Pranburi for it.

We were treated like royalty at Honda Pranburi both times we purchased a car from them and they were fast at getting the car we ordered (I think the longest one took a week to procure from Bangkok and clean up). I had my (Thia) wife with me both times though as I'm not sure there is always someone there who speaks English. We got the insurance papers along with the car.

I would definitely worry about not having any proof of insurance and would go back and demand a copy of the policy. I think you can be asked for proof of insurance by the police at a routine stop and I would not want to have an accident without making sure exactly what my policy limits and coverage were in writing.

Please do follow up as I would be very interested in knowing the results of your letter. Good luck

We bought both our cars at the Honda dealership in Pranburi, but mainly because there was not one in Hua Hin at that time. As we live on the south end of town we also went to Pranburi for service for a while even after the one in town opened as I feared that it would be more expensive just because it was in Hua Hin. Then, someone told me the Hua Hin shop was good so I've had my last two regular services (oil changes and tire rotations, etc.) done there. To my surprise the prices seemed to be the same as Pranburi (maybe set by the company nationally) and the service was quick and seemed competent. I did attempt to buy my renewal insurance through them though and found that I could get a better deal on the same policy elsewhere. I checked several agents and ended up going back to Honda Pranburi for it.

We were treated like royalty at Honda Pranburi both times we purchased a car from them and they were fast at getting the car we ordered (I think the longest one took a week to procure from Bangkok and clean up). I had my (Thia) wife with me both times though as I'm not sure there is always someone there who speaks English. We got the insurance papers along with the car.

I would definitely worry about not having any proof of insurance and would go back and demand a copy of the policy. I think you can be asked for proof of insurance by the police at a routine stop and I would not want to have an accident without making sure exactly what my policy limits and coverage were in writing.

Please do follow up as I would be very interested in knowing the results of your letter. Good luck

In response to an e-mail sent to Honda cars Thailand in Bangkok we were contacted by our sales person Kh Nam in under 24 hrs. She said she had been severely admonished by her bosses and had been told to make us completely happy ? I am not sure what that really means. Anyway she said she would sort everything out for us and call us the next day, perhaps it does not come as much of a surprise that two days on we still await her further contact. Will they ever learn ?

My recent experience with the Hua Hin Honda dealership is VERY GOOD :D - I wouldn't hesitate to go back:

- New car ordered - minimum 10,000 baht deposit paid.

- Car arrived in a little over 2 months (as expected)

- They phoned me and asked when I wanted to collect it (so they could prep in time)

- On delivery, no clip-on wheel weights in sight (all stick-ons as I asked for) - they even did the spare wheel ! :D

- On delivery, no litho markings to be seen on any windows - a perfect job :D

- On delivery, GENUINE red plates and book (some dealers will give you false red plates) :)

- On delivery, class 1 insurance cover note (usually takes 1 month for the full policy docs to come through) :D

I'm a little surprised why the OP would have paid-up the balance when things were missing. It kind of sends the wrong signal to the seller no matter what country you are in.

My recent experience with the Hua Hin Honda dealership is VERY GOOD :D - I wouldn't hesitate to go back:

- New car ordered - minimum 10,000 baht deposit paid.

- Car arrived in a little over 2 months (as expected)

- They phoned me and asked when I wanted to collect it (so they could prep in time)

- On delivery, no clip-on wheel weights in sight (all stick-ons as I asked for) - they even did the spare wheel ! :D

- On delivery, no litho markings to be seen on any windows - a perfect job :D

- On delivery, GENUINE red plates and book (some dealers will give you false red plates) :)

- On delivery, class 1 insurance cover note (usually takes 1 month for the full policy docs to come through) :D

I'm a little surprised why the OP would have paid-up the balance when things were missing. It kind of sends the wrong signal to the seller no matter what country you are in.

Clearly your a lucky punter and in the clearest of minorities. We have spoken to MANY people living locally since our very bad experience, just about all have said how come you didn't know about that shop, everyone knows in Hua Hin that you don't buy from Honda in Hua Hin. Why did we pay up front? We were told that without payment in advance none of our "extras" could be ordered in advance. In the event they clearly were not ordered in advance anyway as they started ordering them when the car finally arrived. It shows either they're an untrusting bunch or financially very shaky as a business. The answer is probably both before some smart arse goes on the forum and points that out. I am happy you got a great deal and good service, sadly we didn't and I strongly stand by my original suggestion to buy elsewhere. I'd repeat we have been to many car dealers both locally and not so nearby, this one was by FAR the worse ever encountered.

Not lucky at all. You set your own standards here (as elsewhere), let them know what they are, and don't accept anything less.

Hate to take sides but I'm obviously another "lucky one in the minority", when getting my CRV albeit some time ago and dealing with Khun Nam, it was us that gave them the problems and headaches and both she and Honda themselves bent over backwards in getting our car to us 3 weeks earlier than planned, complete with all extra's ordered along with tax and first class insurance (copy initially) and registration book and ready at the appointed time on the appointed day. I give them 10 out of 10. I have been more than pleased with the after sales service so far and they take us free of charge down to market Village while car in for service and collect us when service finished. Recently had a problem with the car, went in very late afternoon to get it checked, a mechanic was on the spot instantly, rectified problem within 30 minutes and a free valeting was done while we enjoyed free coffee and biccies. I'm more than happy to go back to them.

I am definitely not taking sides or making specific comments about any posters or posts on here, but just a general comment.

Goods and services seem to vary widely here, even at the same establishment, or provider, over time or on different days, and even between different personnel at the same business. I have become hesitant to recommend a place or service to anyone even if I have had multiple good experiences at their establishment or with their service because when I have done so in the past (with restaurants, local professional services, and medical services) where I have had nothing but good experiences, friends go there and come away angry at the way they were treated or at the quality of the product, or feeling like they were cheated.

I'm not sure why this is. It could be different expectations, language/cultural barriers, personnel just being in a bad mood on a given day, or the attitude of the customer, but it (these differences of opinion or experience) does seem to happen way more often here than anywhere else in the world I've ever lived or stayed for any extended period of time.

I've found that if I do have a problem here, it helps in getting it resolved quickly, if I don't lose my temper, try to communicate and calmly explain what I am not happy with and what I hope can be done about it. Usually (but not always) this works and comes to a reasonable outcome. And above all... :)

A couple of years ago there was a flurry of media reports highlighting the case of a Bangkok lady who bought a new Honda car. It turned out to be a lemon and spent more time off the road than on. Although the faults were being fixed under warranty they came one after the other and she asked for a new car but was hived off at every turn.

Fed up, she had a large sign painted which decried HONDA Corp Thailand and drove the car to the Honda HQ in BKK and parked outside the front door holding up the sign. The media people, especially the TV Channels turned out in force and filmed the scene and interviewed her when she made her complaints public.

The outcome was that Honda Japan were alerted and one of their top men flew out to BKK and fired the Honda, Thailand CEO, gave the lady a new car and reimbursed her financially. There was a full page ad in all the newspapers giving a 'I fall on my sword' type apology in an attempt to restore the bad press.

Now, I am not suggesting that you will reach that stage, but elevating your complaints up to Honda, Thailand is essential.

All car manufacturers produce the odd rogue car but they will usually replace it under warranty. What you have is a case of a car saleswomen who - apparently - has 'short changed' you in order to make a gain in her favour and continues to dodge the flak.

I had crap service off Honda in Bangkok, I wrote to Honda Japan and got a letter back in days then was phoned by Honda Thailand wanting to come round and apologise etc etc

We looked at buying a new CRV (old model) in HH Honda a few years ago, but they were so unhelpful and off hand ( they wouldnt even make a phone call to see if they could source exactly what we wanted) , that we went next door and bought a Fortuner on the spot ! They definitely seemed to be thinking about "today" and not "tomorrow". Maybe they had made the monthly target and any more customers were just an irritant ?

and Toyota ? even after 3 years, whenever we go in (servicing normally) , the salesman comes over, says hello and offers to make me a coffee.

Edited by fft100

We looked at buying a new CRV (old model) in HH Honda a few years ago, but they were so unhelpful and off hand ( they wouldnt even make a phone call to see if they could source exactly what we wanted) , that we went next door and bought a Fortuner on the spot ! They definitely seemed to be thinking about "today" and not "tomorrow". Maybe they had made the monthly target and any more customers were just an irritant ?

and Toyota ? even after 3 years, whenever we go in (servicing normally) , the salesman comes over, says hello and offers to make me a coffee.

And yet the reputation of Toyota in HH is that bad that all Toyota fans I know of go to Toyota in Cha AM - and so the debate will continue!!!

I do not have any experience buying new Honda in Hua Hin.

However my 2008 Accord needed new front brakes (blue discs and noisy pads) at only 30k km. Rearbrakes where replaced in phuket at only 20k km and no chance to get a warrantyclaim in honda phuket.

Honda Hua Hin maid a warrantyclaim without discussion, and 9000 baht of brakeparts where replaced for free. Have serviced the car there since, and very happy with their service

OP, new cars do not come with taxsticker. Tax is payed within 90 days after you recieved your car, and sticker normally given to you when changing from redplate to whiteplate.

Insurancedocs are normaly mailed to you a month after delivery of car. In the meanwhile you have an invoice from dealer insurance is payed

• 1 month later...

However my 2008 Accord needed new front brakes (blue discs and noisy pads) at only 30k km. Rearbrakes where replaced in phuket at only 20k km and no chance to get a warrantyclaim in honda phuket.

Honda Hua Hin maid a warrantyclaim without discussion, and 9000 baht of brakeparts where replaced for free. Have serviced the car there since, and very happy with their service

OP, new cars do not come with taxsticker. Tax is payed within 90 days after you recieved your car, and sticker normally given to you when changing from redplate to whiteplate.

Insurancedocs are normaly mailed to you a month after delivery of car. In the meanwhile you have an invoice from dealer insurance is payed

Yes hmmmmmmm. The white plates were fitted but no tax disc came til well after. We got the blue book yesterday (we took delivery of the car in early Oct) and we still DO NOT have the insurance paperwork nor any sign of it coming anytime soon. I am starting to think we have been scammed the 18k insurance premium.

Yes hmmmmmmm. The white plates were fitted but no tax disc came til well after. We got the blue book yesterday (we took delivery of the car in early Oct) and we still DO NOT have the insurance paperwork nor any sign of it coming anytime soon. I am starting to think we have been scammed the 18k insurance premium.

I have to wonder why that after around 8 weeks you suddenly decide to paste in full your opening posting here on another forum especially as it would seem you are a brand new poster on there. You do seem desperate to bring this company and person down, I'd like to think you were equally as loyal when you get what you consider excellent service from other establishments. I can only repeat that I along it seems with many others that both the company and its staff have given me excellant service and treatment

I have to wonder why that after around 8 weeks you suddenly decide to paste in full your opening posting here on another forum especially as it would seem you are a brand new poster on there. You do seem desperate to bring this company and person down, I'd like to think you were equally as loyal when you get what you consider excellent service from other establishments. I can only repeat that I along it seems with many others that both the company and its staff have given me excellant service and treatment

OP you recieved your white plates and reg book within 90 days. Thats normal and legal.

If you have a reciept for the 18 k insurance, why not ask the dealer to have your insurance docs handed over rather than to frame illegal scamming thoughts on internett?

Forums are a medium whereby information can be exchanged in an informal way. Opinions and personal experiences can be given. Those experiences can be invaluable to people unfamiliar with the town, country and/or its customs and culture in deciding whether to employ a service or not, buy from a particular retailer or not and so on. Your point goes where ? If there were ten local forums y post would be on them all. What should have been a pleasurable experience of buying a new car was turned into an unpleasant ongoing battle with what I would term as a wholly substandard dealership. Your experience differs and you have put your forward. I have not sought to dissect your post or trawl the net to see where else you have posted the same or similar posts because frankly for one I don't give a dam_n and secondly would not have the free time. Seems you do. Then perhaps you could offer your friends at Honda Hua Hin some free customer service training !

Loyalty is automatic. if we get a good service or product we use that service again or buy another product built by the same manufacturer. Again, your point is ? :)

Forums are a medium whereby information can be exchanged in an informal way. Opinions and personal experiences can be given. Those experiences can be invaluable to people unfamiliar with the town, country and/or its customs and culture in deciding whether to employ a service or not, buy from a particular retailer or not and so on. Your point goes where ? If there were ten local forums y post would be on them all. What should have been a pleasurable experience of buying a new car was turned into an unpleasant ongoing battle with what I would term as a wholly substandard dealership. Your experience differs and you have put your forward. I have not sought to dissect your post or trawl the net to see where else you have posted the same or similar posts because frankly for one I don't give a dam_n and secondly would not have the free time. Seems you do. Then perhaps you could offer your friends at Honda Hua Hin some free customer service training !

Loyalty is automatic. if we get a good service or product we use that service again or buy another product built by the same manufacturer. Again, your point is ? :)

It would appear that quite a few wonder what exactly your point is???

As I stated in an earlier post, we purchased our cars at Honda Pranburi before the one in Hua Hin opened and they (Pranburi dealer) couldn't have delivered any better service.

Having said that, I now take my car to Honda Hua Hin for service and I've never seen better service at a dealership in my life (not even in the U.S.). I watched (through the glass windows from the customer lounge) last week as they performed the oil and oil filter change that I requested and they also checked and put air in all the tires and performed a visual inspection with a flashlight of everything on the underside of the car. When they lowered the rack they also inspected under the hood and filled any fluids that were low (at no extra charge) and checked that all the lights were working properly as well as adjusting the level of the high beams. Each step was performed by a young(ish) service technician and then rechecked by a more mature technician (probably the supervisor). After the service was completed they washed and vacuumed the car thoroughly and I got a follow up phone call in a couple of days to see if I was satisfied with the service I received.

That is the best (or at least equal to any) service I've ever received from any business anywhere in the world.

OP you recieved your white plates and reg book within 90 days. Thats normal and legal.

If you have a reciept for the 18 k insurance, why not ask the dealer to have your insurance docs handed over rather than to frame illegal scamming thoughts on internett?

We have indeed asked countless times for the insurance paperwork. all we have got in reply is that it is not yet here from Bangkok. When we ask for contact details for Bangkok we get the answer "oh its OK we will chase it up for you" then the whole circle starts again. If you paid money in cash for something 4 months ago and were still waiting for what you had paid for would you not by now at the very least be starting to worry ? Not only from the point of scamming but also in the unfortunate event of an accident would we then find that we were never actually insured at all landing us with a large unexpected bill for repairs possibly not only to our own but perhaps also another car. I am not even going anywhere near an accident involving a fatality. I will repeat for all those who have posted their good experiences of this dealership that indeed I am happy for you. My feeling is not at all the same and I stand by every word I have said about Hua Hin Honda. I would not go near them for anything even to change a light bulb on my car such is my lack of confidence in them and the way they have done things for me.

terrypig, may I offer a remedy...

Ask the dealership what is the name of the insurance company and ask for their phone number.

Give them a call, supply appropriate information, and they SHOULD be able to tell you if you are insured. Simple solution to ease your worries of not being insured.

We have indeed asked countless times for the insurance paperwork. all we have got in reply is that it is not yet here from Bangkok. When we ask for contact details for Bangkok we get the answer "oh its OK we will chase it up for you" then the whole circle starts again. If you paid money in cash for something 4 months ago and were still waiting for what you had paid for would you not by now at the very least be starting to worry ? Not only from the point of scamming but also in the unfortunate event of an accident would we then find that we were never actually insured at all landing us with a large unexpected bill for repairs possibly not only to our own but perhaps also another car. I am not even going anywhere near an accident involving a fatality. I will repeat for all those who have posted their good experiences of this dealership that indeed I am happy for you. My feeling is not at all the same and I stand by every word I have said about Hua Hin Honda. I would not go near them for anything even to change a light bulb on my car such is my lack of confidence in them and the way they have done things for me.

Complaining in internett is not going to get you insurance or stop people buying/servicing Honda cars in Hua Hin :)

You still do not reply to if you have a reciept for the 18k payed insurance. If you do, demand a refund and purchase insurance yourself. If refund refused, file a policereport and bring a copy to Honda Hua Hins manager. There is no reason to wait more than one month for insurance docs to arrive.

Sometimes sales staff scam with insurance, with a receipt from the company this would not be the case here.

If you do not have a reciept for 18k insurance, assume you have been scammed by sales staff, move on and purchase insurance from a reputable agent (Thai Visa?) or directly from insurancecompany before having an accident. 10 mill baht liability personal, 5 mill baht other car(s).

I still find Honda Hua Hin one of the best Honda service centers in LOS, and since I also have Toyotas, far better than any Toyota service center

• 1 month later...

Honda in Hua Hin and Pranburi are the same family. :)

I think Honda Hua Hin are great, I purchased my Honda Civic there 1 year ago, excellent service and after sales. I almost bought the car in Bangkok as the price was about the same I decided to buy in Hua Hin as easiar to get to (I have a Condo in BKK and Hua Hin).

Perhaps you were unlucky, go and talk to them, bleeting it here wont help your cause, perhaps its a language problem. I will buy my next car there also.