Tmn Cable?

Dirk_brijs

TMN offer a much better picture than Sphon but is limited as to where its available.

TMN also do a joint TV and internet package.

As far as i'm aware the signal is restricted to the Darkside area, Soi Khaotalo, Soi Kow Noi, Nern Plubwan.

TMN offer a much better picture than Sphon but is limited as to where its available.

TMN also do a joint TV and internet package.

As far as i'm aware the signal is restricted to the Darkside area, Soi Khaotalo, Soi Kow Noi, Nern Plubwan.

Do they offer ESPN or more other channels Sophon doesnt have?

They have some more sports channels but no ESPN nor Star sports.

They have SS1, SS2, and SS3 most of the time, but just like Sophon they sometimes flip them around for other channels...

All their cabling is new, so for the time being you can expect better image quality, at least until the humidity starts seeping in the taped up connections :)

I've attached a scan of their program line-up...

post-4701-1257474097_thumb.jpg

I recently gave BTV the sack, after their clueless 'engineers' continually failed to get me decent reception, and changed to TMN. A vast improvement in both picture and sound quality and several additional English channels over and above those that BTV offered. 92 channels in all and only two of these are a bit iffy.

As has been suggested by a previous poster, the system will probably degrade over time. The TMN cabling in my village is relatively new whereas the BTV stuff has been around for 5 years or more. One of the BTV 'engineers' told me that they have problems with the system every time that it rains. Apparently does not conform to IP65 standards!

Anyway, I'm content, for now, having paid TMN 1000 Baht for a three-month trial.

Their response to my request to be cabled up was very fast, by the way. They were at my house within 1 hour and the installation took about 20 minutes. What they are like when you have a problem remains to be seen.

DM