Dine For 99, Soi Diana

barnaby666

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried it twice for the lasagna night and the kebab night. You can't complain for 99 baht. You must buy one drink and you can order all you like. A soda water is 30 baht. The lasagna night offered three different kinds of lasagna, beef, chicken, or cheese. I tried the beef and chicken, both just OK, but the pasta was al dente which I liked. Their garlic rolls aren't bad. The salad is basic lettuce with a vinegary topping. The kebab night wasn't nearly as good. These were skewered meats (chicken, pork, fish) but I don't believe they were grilled, more like baked, with an insipid sugary sauce. The fries were a dark brown soft mess, some of the worse fries I have ever had anywhere. I'm in no rush to return soon but if you are feeling skint and hungry, well, you could do worse, at least for the lasagna night. Bottom line, it matters which day you go.

Edited by Jingthing

Went there couple times, first time was just about eatable and second time i couldnt even force it down.

Have not been back since(maybe 3 months ago now). With drink so its really 130 baht, better options in Pattaya for that money.

Couple my friends dont like the place also, even though it all you can eat...i dare someone to try and eat 2-3 potions, should have a nice stomach ache the next day...

Bobby (the owner) said on the local TV promo. that it was about an hour wait in the evening to get a table, and pointed to customers hanging around outside.

Great news for him, but I would rather go somewhere more expensive that wait around outside. Wish him every success though.

Edited by mike100

I tried it twice for the lasagna night and the kebab night. You can't complain for 99 baht. You must buy one drink and you can order all you like. A soda water is 30 baht. The lasagna night offered three different kinds of lasagna, beef, chicken, or cheese. I tried the beef and chicken, both just OK, but the pasta was al dente which I liked. Their garlic rolls aren't bad. The salad is basic lettuce with a vinegary topping. The kebab night wasn't nearly as good. These were skewered meats (chicken, pork, fish) but I don't believe they were grilled, more like baked, with an insipid sugary sauce. The fries were a dark brown soft mess, some of the worse fries I have ever had anywhere. I'm in no rush to return soon but if you are feeling skint and hungry, well, you could do worse, at least for the lasagna night. Bottom line, it matters which day you go.

iv been many times and so far i think all been very good ,u went to try the ribeye stakes ,sunday dinner ,u can go many places in pattaya and overpay for food not as good,so u have to wait sometimes, you do most places in thailand,so sit outside for 5 min and watch pattaya go by :):D

It starts up at 3 pm so less crowded then (have a late lunch). Frankly, I wouldn't wait one minute to eat there. That amazes me that people are waiting. Tis true its a Cheap Charlie convention in there, but hey, slumming is fun sometimes (always?).

Edited by Jingthing

I have tried the Sunday roast, Thursday lasagna and the Saturday pizza menus and they are all OK but the old saying, "you get what you pay for" certainly applies. Having said that, if you order the cheapest drink and have a couple of helpings, it's hard to see how Bobby can make anything at all.

I thought the pizzas were the best of the three I have tried with the lasagna resembling school dinners and the Sunday roast was cold.

The place is nice, clean and cool with good service.

If there is a queue, don't bother waiting.

I tried the Sunday roast....beef or chicken....I chose chicken. I didn't think that any cook could possibly stuff up a baked chicken....

But they did. Dry and tasteless.

They got me once, never again.

i went for 1 breakfast.. the bacon came like pork scrachings and with a drink it was 139 baht.. but i suppose what do you expect for 99bt.. it wasnt all you could eat either, not that i wanted anymore!

kiss food at the entrance to soi diana is cheap and tasty or robins nest 199bt ALL YOU CAN EAT breakfast with 3 drinks too! is better value for money imo! and the grub is fantastic with good service. near entrance to LK metro.

I tried the Sunday roast....beef or chicken....I chose chicken. I didn't think that any cook could possibly stuff up a baked chicken....

But they did. Dry and tasteless.

They got me once, never again.

i went for 1 breakfast.. the bacon came like pork scrachings and with a drink it was 139 baht.. but i suppose what do you expect for 99bt.. it wasnt all you could eat either, not that i wanted anymore!

kiss food at the entrance to soi diana is cheap and tasty or robins nest 199bt ALL YOU CAN EAT breakfast with 3 drinks too! is better value for money imo! and the grub is fantastic with good service. near entrance to LK metro.

An even better deal is the all you can eat breakfast buffet at the Apex, Lek or Dinah hotels for B 110.

I think their business plan is very clever for bad economic times. Cook one type of thing per day, make the price shockingly low and be guaranteed to fill the seats night after night. I reckon they do make money on VOLUME and based on my two visits, most people order at least second helpings. I wonder what they do if later at night they run out of some of the all you can eat items, give a discount?

Edited by Jingthing

Really their offer is 130 baht all you can eat with limited menu.

You may as well go to the Lek Hotel and pay 180 baht with no wait and a buffet which whilst it isn't gourmet food it is still quite reasonable and there is a good selection.

I really can't see 99baht meals appealing to tourists but maybe to expats on very fixed incomes it could be a winner.

One of the best things about Pattaya is the cheap seafood so I usually opt for seafood restaurants when out and about.

Best budget meal in Pattaya is sitting outside of Friendship Supermarket with a large bottle of Chang and a tin of tuna with a plastic fork.

Total cost 76 baht. say hello next time you see me.

:)

I have tried the Soi Diana place though and it is O.K. you just have to pick the right night for your taste in food. It's probably a good idea to write the daily menu down and stick it on the wall.

Best budget meal in Pattaya is sitting outside of Friendship Supermarket with a large bottle of Chang and a tin of tuna with a plastic fork.

:):D :D I think I saw you there with a tin of tuna the other week, was it you sat on the bench next to the advertising board ?? next time I'll say hello.

All you can eat, it's was obviously not in our case.

We were 2 people who went to "Dine for 99", 2 weeks after they opened.

Ordered from the 99 baht menu + 2 soft drinks.

Bill was B 328. (2x99 = 198 and 2x30 = 60 Total 258).

I had seconds, so that might be the reason. Anyway I was charged B70 more than expected. Didn't ask why, just accepted that "all you can eat" is "NOT all you can eat".

Won't be back, so many better choises.

Edited by Max2000

It is all you can eat for their daily specials. I am certain of this. The previous poster, if there was a problem with the bill, why didn't you ask about it? In any case, I am sure it is all you can eat as long as you order of the daily specials list. Cheers.

Hey just a quick question, is the chef of this "99 baht all you can eat" place , the mechanic which used to own that motorcycle shop(i think was called Platinum or something similar) near the disco?

Bobby (the owner) said on the local TV promo. that it was about an hour wait in the evening to get a table, and pointed to customers hanging around outside.

Great news for him, but I would rather go somewhere more expensive that wait around outside. Wish him every success though.

How many tables he have? :)

An even better deal is the all you can eat breakfast buffet at the Apex, Lek or Dinah hotels for B 110.

I haven't tried the dine for 99 yet,and reading the replies I think it will never happen also,but if you categorize the apex and lek buffets under food then you have real issues.

I haven't tried the dine for 99 yet,and reading the replies I think it will never happen also,but if you categorize the apex and lek buffets under food then you have real issues.

Oh come on! The food at either the Lek or Apex isn't all that bad although hardly gourmet. I would say the evening feed is better then the morning buffet. Give it a try and report back.

The place called Sports Bar or similar (it is not a bar) on the right side of Soi Diana coming from 2nd Rd almost at the crossing with Soi Bukhaow. Last time I was there a few months ago breakfast was 105bt. Buffet all you can eat and drink, juice, milk coffe, tea.

The place called Sports Bar or similar (it is not a bar) on the right side of Soi Diana coming from 2nd Rd almost at the crossing with Soi Bukhaow. Last time I was there a few months ago breakfast was 105bt. Buffet all you can eat and drink, juice, milk coffe, tea.

I think you will find that it is on the left hand side if coming from Pattaya 2nd Road.

They are doing a daily buffet at 89 Baht and a Sunday Special Carvery at 199 baht.

Check it out!