Which Is A More Reliable Isp True Or Tot?

motoyen

I'm moving into my new apartment tomorrow and was told I could call either True or TOT to set up my internet. I don't download huge files so I don't need a super fast connection but I would like a reliable connection. Any suggestions on which isp offers the best access?

I can't read Thai but is the only major difference between these two packages that one includes a wireless router? Also for regular web browsing and email which speed would be adequate? http://www.trueonline.com/th/package.aspx

I believe if you take the deal with the free wirelss router you are comitted for a year, if you cancel before that you have to pay about 2000thb penalty.

I called True and they said they can't set me up in my location. So I went to the TOT office in Carfour and set up an account. I've got everything plugged in but I'm not getting an IP address from TOT. I called the 1100 number and they said to call the office in Bang Na which I did but no where there speaks English.

According to the guy I spoke to originally at TOT everything should be working, at least on their end they say everything is fine but I still can't connect. I can log into the modem and run the diagnostic and it is showing that it is connecting to the isp but I'm not getting an IP address. Any suggestions on how I can solve this?

I'm just down the road from you. TOT are fine here. The nearest TOT office is in the Carrefour building on soi On Nut. Many different package options. Not too expensive. I've used TOT in three different provinces and they have always performed well. They are not shy to send technicians out to see you and allow lots of time to pay the bills.

I've flirted with TT&T and True, but always gone back to TOT.

I asked if they could send a technician out but they said they couldn't, something about the building being too new?? I used to live near Saphan Kwai and when ever I had a problem I would call the technician directly. Giving him a few hundred baht always solved my problem faster than dealing with the company office. Im living in the @City building and I read on another forum other tenants are having problems with tot as well.

I've got a 27K baht/month biz connection at the office and a cheapo True cable modem connection at my new home. My home connection is generally far faster than the office.

This is in Chiang Mai, your results may be different elsewhere.