Facts Impacting Real Estate Purchases In Pattaya

Why cross post this sad news story here? To get your message across simply state the fact that tourist arrivals in Pattaya has an impact on this city's real estate market.

Other facts that impact the market include current levels of unsold inventory, supply of new units due to come on stream, fluctuations in construction material costs, availability of development sites and current take up.

The latter of which is a reflection of what you are describing. This is usually expressed in terms of the amount of units that have recently been sold, either in square meters or as a % of the total market supply. AKA Demand which partly stems from tourist arrivals, exchange rate fluctuations, stock market fluctuations, unemployment levels, GDP growth, and consumer confidence indices, as well as a host of other related factors.)

Horrible news but crime is everywhere. In the UK this kind of stuff is reported as statistics, it is simply so widespread, and I guess it is no longer news worthy in most cases.

However I note it is interesting that the UK picks up on this when people are overseas.

Perhaps focusing on the relatively minor issues abroad detracts from the serious problems here in the UK and puts people off from leaving the country in droves. How odd they still are leaving the UK in droves, probably because they are no longer the sheep they once were? I don't think MPs' have quite got their head around the fact that generally you milk cows, goats, sheep etc, when milked people tend to get a tad upset and now have a whole world to explore - quite literally.

Edited by pkrv

Why cross post this sad news story here? To get your message across simply state the fact that tourist arrivals in Pattaya has an impact on this city's real estate market.

Other facts that impact the market include current levels of unsold inventory, supply of new units due to come on stream, fluctuations in construction material costs, availability of development sites and current take up.

The latter of which is a reflection of what you are describing. This is usually expressed in terms of the amount of units that have recently been sold, either in square meters or as a % of the total market supply. AKA Demand which partly stems from tourist arrivals, exchange rate fluctuations, stock market fluctuations, unemployment levels, GDP growth, and consumer confidence indices, as well as a host of other related factors.)

I completely agree. If the right economical factors are in place Pattaya can bounce back anytime. It is just a temporary set back we are experiencing right now. Over the last few years I have only seen the growth of the Property Market here although buying has been slow for a while. Having said that most of the developers here eventually sell their projects and new buildings pop up almost everyday. I think Pattaya is a preferred destination by many who need a enjoyable holiday for a reasonable price. As I think a stable government can turn things around for Pattaya and for Thailand overnight, don't you think so Quicksilva?

I completely agree. If the right economical factors are in place Pattaya can bounce back anytime. It is just a temporary set back we are experiencing right now. Over the last few years I have only seen the growth of the Property Market here although buying has been slow for a while. Having said that most of the developers here eventually sell their projects and new buildings pop up almost everyday. I think Pattaya is a preferred destination by many who need a enjoyable holiday for a reasonable price. As I think a stable government can turn things around for Pattaya and for Thailand overnight, don't you think so Quicksilva?

Absolutely, in fact I have long thought that the best stimulus measures that this country could possibly receive is a stable political outlook.

Unfortunately that doesn't look likely to come our way any time soon.

In the meantime, though I'll settle for the status quo not to worsen, but fear I may be disappointed.