Polish Number Plates!?!

JimsKnight

Doin' a U-turn when I noticed the car ahead of me had european number plates!

FarangCarinThailandWeb.jpg

The driver and passenger were both Thai!

Anyone else seen this in Thailand? :)

Goodness knows how they got it through customs? Don't they need plates before the customs boys let it go?

Was the car right or left hand drive? If it's right then it's a Thai car. I've seen a few cars here with British and German plates on them. Some folks put them on to be trendy. Of course they're supposed to have Thai plates displayed as well and most do but TIT. Maybe it's what's happening in this case.

agreed. If it was a right hand drive car, it is just a Thai car with someone sticking an EU plate on it to look trendy.

The closest I've seen to be the genuine article was a Khazak (sp) registered car, Left hand drive and all parked at Suvanaphum airport a few months back.

Other than that, the most likely thing you'll see in BKK are private vehicles driven around by new American embassy staff which have been shipped over from the states. I've seen a few about which still have their US plates attached, before they are replaced with the blue "I can break the road rules' diplomatic plates.

agreed. If it was a right hand drive car, it is just a Thai car with someone sticking an EU plate on it to look trendy.

The closest I've seen to be the genuine article was a Khazak (sp) registered car, Left hand drive and all parked at Suvanaphum airport a few months back.

Other than that, the most likely thing you'll see in BKK are private vehicles driven around by new American embassy staff which have been shipped over from the states. I've seen a few about which still have their US plates attached, before they are replaced with the blue "I can break the road rules' diplomatic plates.

Just so you know, Poland has "PL" on their licence plates....

Regards, LN

Ahh right ok, so I wonder what the 'P' stands for then? It's got the Euro star type flag on it...

mmmm, lets see: Preat Britain?....Preece....Permany...Prance...Ppain, obviously can't just be Portugal :)