Getting A Foreign Exchange Document ( Tor Tor 3 )

Can any body help me with the rules on this ,

Back in Febuary i transfered money into Thailand from the UK for the purchase of a condominium in Pattaya , I obtained my FED document from K Bank ( Soi buakhao )and purchased said condo , I then sold that condo a few months later and with the proceeds purchased another condo , to obtain my FED for the purchase of 2nd condo all i did was to show original cash transfer in to Thailand in my bank book for purchase of 1st condo again at K Bank Soi Buakhao , FED issued , condo puchased , job done - simple !

Since then i have sold the 2nd condo and have another condo i want to buy so off i went to K Bank today with all my Contract documents , cashier check receipst ,bank books etc from bought and sold condominiums ( basically everydocument possible ) to order a cashier check for purchase of new condo and FED document for the land office , i explained what i was doing and what i wanted , I was told no problem and was issuid with my cashier check then the back trakking started !

I was then told i could not have a FED document because i had not transfered foreign currency into Thailand .( I originally thought this was the only was possible to buy a condo in Thailand , but after buying the 2nd condo with funds already in Thailand i thought different )

So i asked why and how i had got the FED from them last time to which they tried to tell me that they had not issuid me with one .

So anyway after nearly 4 hours in the Bank and countless phonecalls to Thai friends who work in various positions in the property market who all assured me the bank had to issue me the document i left empty handed .

So bassically i have 2 questions --

1 was i just lucky the 2st time to get the FED ?

2 is there a limit on how many times you can buy and sell using the same money in Thailand after initial transfer in ?

There should be no problem. Ask them that you will change some Thai Baht in to foreign currency and then change it back to Thai Baht again with that bank. It should be possible to do it this way. You will loose a small amount on the exchange rate but it's just a small amount you need to convert. If you have proof of buying and selling contracts from the land office it should be OK.

Hi - VespaSeeker

1 was i just lucky the 2st time to get the FED ?

2 is there a limit on how many times you can buy and sell using the same money in Thailand after initial transfer in ?

IMO the answers to your questions:

1) I personally think you were just lucky - your bank may be embarrased - not a good position to be in.

2) Zero/one - the original stated purchase thats it - basically you then need to send the funds out of Thailand, and then bring them back in - stupid I know but what you have to do.