Great Tasting, Inexpensive Thanksgiving And Christmas Dinner

Ulysses G.

I make sure to eat holiday dinners at Bake and Bite every year as they are so much cheaper and so much better than other places. They literally tasted just like my mothers and she was an accomplished cook.

You get a basic holiday dinner with turkey, veggies, home made rolls, mash potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce for something like 300 to 400 bht, but they also have other meals and other meats available.

There are wonderful holiday dinners at the Duke's, the Holiday Inn and other places, but if you are on a budget, Bake and Bite is the place to go.

Thanks for that news, Ulysses. I'll be around at Christmas and might check it out. Most often I'm off with one of my ladies somewhere, but I haven't set anything up this year. What I choose to do will depend a lot on what my friends are up to this season. And, Thais are notorious for changing their minds at the last possible moment.

Thanks for that news, Ulysses. I'll be around at Christmas and might check it out. Most often I'm off with one of my ladies somewhere, but I haven't set anything up this year. What I choose to do will depend a lot on what my friends are up to this season. And, Thais are notorious for changing their minds at the last possible moment.

Thais are not barred, you can bring all your ladies along

reservation recommended if you are bringing more than 7. and post the pics on tv later :)

Thanks to your recommendations last year, Ulysses, Hubby and I enjoyed Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners at the Bake N Bite off Nimm. Really good and the price was excellent. Thanksgiving is a big day in my family since we can trace our American roots back to the Mayflower. The Bake N Bite meal rivaled anything I've had in my family feasts.

Our household stuff arrived in January and I'm going to attempt a Thanksgiving dinner at home this year, but there's no way I'm going to be able to cook a turkey. I think I've heard that you can buy a pre-cooked turkey from Bake N Bite for the big day and I'm going to find out if they'll deliver it, too. Has anyone used their "turkey thii baan" service?

Thanks to your recommendations last year, Ulysses, Hubby and I enjoyed Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners at the Bake N Bite off Nimm. Really good and the price was excellent. Thanksgiving is a big day in my family since we can trace our American roots back to the Mayflower. The Bake N Bite meal rivaled anything I've had in my family feasts.

Our household stuff arrived in January and I'm going to attempt a Thanksgiving dinner at home this year, but there's no way I'm going to be able to cook a turkey. I think I've heard that you can buy a pre-cooked turkey from Bake N Bite for the big day and I'm going to find out if they'll deliver it, too. Has anyone used their "turkey thii baan" service?

Their take-away turkeys are exceptionally good.

The Bake and Bite on the soi off of Thanon Nimmanhaeman has either closed or will be closing soon. So you can still go to the Chang Klan location or their new location. The new location is the nicest of them all but very difficult to get to! If you don't have a car, bicycle, or motorcycle - forget it. There are no songtaews in the area and you had better have a map if you are going by taxi. There are numerous twists and turns on numerous sois to get to the new place in the residential area where it is located.

Don't forget the Holiday Inn, as well.

These are the places that I go every year. They consistantly do a good job and many new residents have not heard about them. Merry Christmas!

Same to you! :)

You are correct, equally they probably haven't heard about the Olde Bell, The Pub, The Red Lion, O'Malleys, Tuskers etc etc and many of the newer establishments all trying to make their way in this highly competitive world of eateries and of course many of the latest hotels to hit town, all of which would, no doubt, benefit from a timely mention.... anybody??

Went to the Bake N Bite on Chang Klan on Saturday, and after enjoying a turkey sandwich (yum!), asked about their "take away" turkeys for Thanksgiving. They showed me a little menu card that indicated you can buy the entire feast or just order a la carte, which is what I'll probably do. I can't attempt a turkey or pecan pie in my kitchen, but I want to make all the rest using some of our traditional family recipes.

Anyway, no one at Bake N Bite could tell me if you can get a cooked bird, with the meat still on the bones or just the meat carved off the bones if you order a "take away" turkey. I really want some bones to make soup after the feast. Anyone know?

Anyway, no one at Bake N Bite could tell me if you can get a cooked bird, with the meat still on the bones or just the meat carved off the bones if you order a "take away" turkey. I really want some bones to make soup after the feast. Anyone know?

I asked Gai and she says that they deliver the complete, uncarved Turkey, so bones are no problem. She also said that it tastes better to carve it shortly befor eating, rather than in advance.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Pun Pun Guest House on the river is doing Thanksgiving turkey dinners. They do great food for very reasonable prices and I expect the turkey deal to be the same so will be eating my next turkey there. All you can eat and 3 serving times starting about 1pm. Give them a call for a reservation.