Tr Visa Query, Help Needed

Hi,

My Father has just got his tourist visa, from the UK, to visit me here in Thailand, and well it looks wrong to me. And I hoped someone could clarify it for me. The Visa states Issued on 2nd Nov 2009. Enter Before 1st Feb 2010. It is a single entry type

My father will arrive on 29th Jan 2010 So my Question is will he get 60days on entry? Because to me the Enter before date should state Something like 30th March 2010.

As we have time to sort this out, if it needs sorting out. Can someone confirm, whether he will get a sixty Day Visa?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I'm new here and couldn't find this kind of thing in already posted.

Thank you in advance

He must enter before the date on the Visa - once he enters the visa date is not significant. He will receive the normal 60 days and be able to extend 30 if he wants. He will be OK as long as flight is not delayed - he really did not need to get this early.

The Visa has a 3 month validity so he cut it a bit fine but he will get 60 days when he arrives. He can extend it for another 30 days at Immigration for a fee of 1,900 Baht if he wishes.

Can he not, close to the 60 days, leave Thailand, spend a few days in Singapore, As we plan to do, and then re-enter and get a normal 30 day tourist stamp, FOC ?

The Visa has a 3 month validity so he cut it a bit fine but he will get 60 days when he arrives. He can extend it for another 30 days at Immigration for a fee of 1,900 Baht if he wishes.

Can he not, close to the 60 days, leave Thailand, spend a few days in Singapore, As we plan to do, and then re-enter and get a normal 30 day tourist stamp, FOC ?

Sure. But that was not your question.

Sure. But that was not your question.

Sure, it wasn't the orginal query, it was a secondary clarification question asked, on extra information posted by the orginal poster, of which you have now clarified, thank you.