Birds In The Terminal

Crossy

Here I am with my cold Chang watching the birds. There seems to be a significant population of sparrow type birds in the terminal making a decent living off floor/table scraps.

So, since this is a fully aircon building how did they get in? Do they go out again or will there be an isolated population in 100 years that are adapted to nesting in the inaccessible corners of the building? There are certainly enough corners and angles in the structure, nesting materials may be an issue though.

Gets quite boring here waiting for a delayed flight.

Even in an A/C building there would be plenty of access, e.g. luggage doors. I have seen Sparrows in many airports (guess they are Tree Sparrows in BKK, House Sparrows here in Siem Reap), perfect life for them: shelter, few or no predators, plenty of food.

We can expect a crackdown on the hub of birds any day now :)

there have been a few crackdowns on me as well( for having bats in my belfry)..perhaps a sequel is in order..Alfred Hitchcock's..Birds 2 (BKK)?? signed: gone to the birds

Care to elaborate on that? Have you seen cobras or crocodiles at the facility???

Plenty. Also saw a few slimy things hanging out there that i could not quite identify on a species level but were probably something best avoided.

...since you already have crocs snakes lurking near the passenger exits.

Care to elaborate on that? Have you seen cobras or crocodiles at the facility??? :D :D

Swoosh..... :)

Okay, okay, *now* I get it... :D