Internet Trouble With Firefox

flemmie

I am baffled by IT and as such cannot figure out why I keep getting the time-out screen when I surf the internet. I use an expensive connection from PacNet (supposedly 4MB/512KB), but a speedtest tells me I do not get anywhere near that speed.

Whenever I use the internet, the connection times out very quickly. I know already from the moment I click and I see "Connecting to....", it will freeze out on me. It happens without warning, and very often. I have a Dell which is somewhat older, just ordered a new HP, so I hope it is the computer that gives me this trouble. I use Firefox. It is not just when I am waiting for a download, it happens when I play cards on line, wait for a site to load or when browsing YouTube.

Thanks for any help you may have for me.

Nick (the frustrated)

I use FF and have been having problems with timing out very quickly while trying to load pages though I'm not experiencing the other problems you mention. I uninstalled FF then reinstalled which fixed the problem, had to do it again yesterday as started timing out again. So far, so good again :)

I use FF and have been having problems with timing out very quickly while trying to load pages though I'm not experiencing the other problems you mention. I uninstalled FF then reinstalled which fixed the problem, had to do it again yesterday as started timing out again. So far, so good again :)

Thanks, will give that a try, I only hope I do not need to reload the program first... :D

How do you connect ?

If and when it happen to me have found the best option is to switch off the Router, when I switch it back on no problem, was told long ago that you get static build up, so switching off/un-plug will clear the problem........... No idea just it works for me

PS Not just the Modem, same happen with the Sat box and work perfect after switching off.