Thailand Elite Members

Hey Grant

Thanks for the insight

Nobody said nor thinks that you cannot post as a non member. Peaceblondie rightly issued a warning to the non members who would be tempted to post unrelated to the topic as it has happened every time Thailand Elite has been on stage, bashing at members for believing themselves ELITE (which is far from being the truth but one can stop anyone from resenting the members for whatever reason/pretext)

Any constructive advice or information is needed

We all know what has happened but what worries members is the outcome of it. Trust me, some of them have been on a roller coaster since day one after they had bought their membership: they need peace of mind, after all they have paid for a service, I am talking about the visa, as for the other advantages most haven't used them and, as in any club, they would be happy to participate if they were to play golf or any other hobby.

I truly believe that every member that paid the fee will have his or her investment returned to them eventually. It certainly can't hurt for members to ban together to tell the government what they think and feel.

Like some of the others I feel that if TAT get their hands on the program you will have to wait a little longer for your money. TAT has there own issues with corruption, ineptitude and scandals. While TAT seems like the logical choice, Thai Elite would probably be better off in the hands of the street cleaners union. Amazing Thailand!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The least we can say is that some members are not as confident as you are about the outcome.

Nevertheless why do you think TAT would be the right choice, if any, compared to a company, let's say King power?

the government is broke, its having to borrow money to pay the millions of civil servants under its wing and use the excuse thats its for thai strengh, there is no way this government will shell out any kind of compensation, it would be cheaper for them to pay off the debts of the programme and introduce cheaper products for new members.

today in bpost there was an article on the new TAT chief in the business section and then the TAT Minister talking about the Elite, saying King power and bangkok airways might be interested but also saying if no buyers then he wants to do another probe of the company to see whats happening.

this situation looks like being delayed and delayed into next year and beyond, its what the thai democrats are famed for, slow progress

i just think that all this talk of 750 members staying here illegally is horse manure, its a red herring to stop dissent, they want to cut back on services by having less members using the services, then just do away with the expensive services, but to threaten dissent with this tactic is very much a thai trick, because there is nothing illegal about people here on extensions on 90 days

its better that they just decided either to keep it on less services or transfer it to the TAT, that way a government department will have a greater say with the immigration department,

if it goes into private hands then this could effect the renewable 5 year visa

As you know we are still waiting (that seems to be the trend nowadays) for a clarification regarding the 795

Some documents / e mails start to be forwarded which contents definitly have encouraged members to stay in Thailand ad vitam eternam LEGAL

Of course one can always object that it was a marketing note engaging only the individual's responsiblity, so forth so on

Well the saga goes on as today was published an article in an English speaking newspaper the "n" chapter of this long running story (too long to my taste) stating that (As I am not quite familar with the rules and do not want to enfreign them I have made a summary of the article rather than pasting it)

1) The current members could continue to enjoy their privileges even if TPC were to give it up to another company

2) The acting managing director TPC, said the company had informed all members (2569) to let them know their privileges were not suspended because the cabinet had approved a change of management keeping alive the privileges (Has anyone of you seen this information)

TPC is also waiting for information by different governmental department to check whether or not 795 of its members are residing in Thailand,

it is also specified that only foreigners coming to visit can enjoy the benefits. 63 members seem to be violating the qualification as they are Thai passports holders (but that is not official) (quite a contradiction as all members keep their membership and 795 will lose it)

3) It is also said that the members who should be stripped of their membership will be contacted one by one because (and that is the good one) TPC is worried that the matter would reflect badly on the country's image and also in order the Court

Hello, Alyx!

Some information is interesting here, but I not have any idea how this 795 members can be Thai citizens??? It just aganist their rules which in the contract. For me looks like this information very strange, but may be it newspaper not understand correctly what writting about.

Anyway, can you post this info (with links) at temembers com website?

Edited by leoalex

No

63 members are Thai or are on dual Nationality (Thai Chinese for example holding two passports)

There is also the case of The official Permanent Residents but I doubt that is going to go up to 737 members so I guess that they are targetting the back to back visa foreigners but then again it would be in total contradiction with their rules....at least the one members have signed

it is a strange topic with the press talking about 795 members making them sound guilty of something untill proven innocent, i agree with leoalex that the way its been reported is the problem

the 5 year visa is essentially a special tourist visa which allows extensions of 90 days and reporting of the address, there are no restrictions set by immigration on thses extensions, if there were any restrictions i am sure some ((comments removed - lopburi3)) would tell you no more extensions or something, but that has never happened so far

so essentially you are a visitor extending your stay, maybe the terms are just for a visiting stay, example not working or running a business etc, there were instances when if needed the TPC would then have to help members to apply for a work permit

Edited by lopburi3
edite

he hunbug

are you a member?

What makes them think they are special?Sound like suckers to me. :):D:D:D:D

Now Grant Do you get the drift and why Peacblondie issued a warning?

and "TE members" refrain from answering that: IGNORE

Alwaysright : sounds like mr. alwaysright start discussion what him like or not like. Make new topic and write about anything you like or not like or you think is special or not. and see how many peoples will not interesting in it. it also will make you not special as you want to be treated. nonsense? yes, same like in your post.

every person is different because everyone see oportunity and if them like it and can afford it - them take it. Somebody can do it, when somebody cannot. It up to individual and him current needs - which can be very very different than your needs and ideas. Other side not say anything like looser about you, because understand what everybody in the life is different and can reach different things.

Alyx!

Peoples with THai passport and Thai PR permit looks know what it will happen from start. May be they get their memberships for free or for different pricing.

But I thinking what talk goes about genuine foregeiners with membership, just because they stay so long at Thailand. Anyway, until we get the official clarification we cannot tell for sure anything, media looks like not worry about correctness & true what write about.

this a link to a thaivisa topic wriiten by sunbelt asia

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Year-Special...p;hl=elite+visa

i presume that if any details were to be changed to the 5 year visa, then there would have to be a new cabinet resolution passed and activated through the royal gazzette to change any requirements on the 5 year visa, which is unlikely but not impossible as they have planned the demise of the programme all year and therefore wouldnt have gone through the process of making a new law on 5 year visas then to do u-turn .

i agree with leoalex its the haphazard way these articles are written where some are facts and others are bit parts put together badly by journalists

my own opinion is that the visa essentially allows a tourist to visit thailand and extend the stay as long as the visa allows, which is continously

so people are still visitors staying as tourists, which is what the visa is for, helping wealthy tourists visit thailand and extend their stay so that thailand benefits from their spending

Edited by humbug

in any case what is most needed now is to get in touch with as many members as possible; therefore if any of you is a member do not hesitate and PM

I am sure there are plenty of members out there (at least 767 we know of) and they might not be aware of the problem or do not understand that we are trying to get in touch with and when there are enough this will eventually help solving this critical situation

alyx, humbug : for me saving the lifetime 5years visa and normal & enough compensation for other vanished services will fine if TE will closing or sells to other company (I not need benefits except visa from any other company if anybody will purchase TE). However I not staying permanently at Thailand (but at time of applying to membership it was one from possibly ways).

So Thailand permanently staying TE members must get clarification about this 795 memberships, and unite if it all about permanent stay (without thai passporte/PR certificate). Or if we not get compensation expected, or will if TE moved to some business company with less priviledges than we have now or something will happen with 5yr lifetime visa.

TEmembers [dot] com - unofficial members forum.

Edited by leoalex

for those who still wonder about the 67 or 768 'residents' I guess it can either be:

1) permanent residents/citizens of Thailand i.e. a person holding Thai passport/citizen ship or Thai Permanent Residence book which means no visa is ever needed to stay indefinitely & thus the 5 year visa priveligue do not apply to those :)

2) having permanent address/residence in LOS i.e. no other (overseas) place to call home! This means having informed immigration of a permanent address in LOS on the entry card & thus NOT being a visitor/tourist, but a '(non) immigrant' ;-)

Thank you for the information

It has actually been confirmed via phone some minutes ago and the explanation would be MISCOMMUNICATION (well newspapers)

A letter stating the facts should be adressed to all members along this line (let's wait until middle of next week)

In the meanwhile continue PM

The Thai media is a highly unreliable source of information, more often than not the details are inaccurate, facts are distorted to spice up the article and they never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Thais are quite clear about what they deem to be a Permanent Resident (capitalized or otherwise), and TE members, back-to-back tourist visa holders, Non-O, Non-B and even work permit holders do not fall into this category.

What do you write on your 3 monthly extension form is the purpose of your extension request? Tourism?

Does the extension form say "Request for 90 day extension with intent to reside in Thailand Permanently"? Actually the header is as follows:

post-6075-1258703338_thumb.png

Does your TE visa allow you to get a mobile phone number in your own name? Get a car loan? Mortgage? Put anything in your name at all? No... because you are a tourist.

Anyway take a deep breath, the card was purchased by 2000+ high net worth individuals, many of whom would likely be happy to spend another 1 million baht in litigation fees if they felt ripped off.

TIT and it's not like the government wouldn't do anything that they'd regret later, but chances are they do not want thousands of law suits from well funded individuals for scrapping a visa scheme which costs the government nothing (actually they get 1900bht for each renewal).

This thread gas become too long to read... to add even more...

As a member I received an e-mail from Thailand Elite this afternoon with an update of the current situation. As I'm unsure if I'm allowed to post it I'll only mention a few things... Basically what has been written in the english speaking newspaper are correct (however no mention about the so called resident members...) It also mentions that if TAT will take over the program (if no private investor) the priveledges will MOST LIKELY remain the same.

To be honest I'm more worried if a private investor takes over... with TAT I'm relatively sure the visa and airport services would remain...

Either way I have a feeling that we as members will not be 100% screwed. They should know that a large part of the members are influential people which not necessarily will accept any outcome without creating some stir. Which again would be a face looser which is the last example Thailand needs to set as a tourist destination these days. Call me naiv but I have a good feeling about the outcome... it normally works out in the end...

Also good to see that members are able to connect in this way as we would have less to say a single persons if the outcome is negative in our respect.

At the moment we will just have to wait and see (and try to ignore all the jealous comments of certain non-members).