Thailand Elite Members

Attention Moderators:

Am I allowed to post the link to an article (not from the Nation) in this thread as I do not want to infringe any rules ? Thank you

Actually it is quite a comprehensive article so it would be of some interests to the TEM on this topic

Edited by alyx

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Attention Moderators:

Am I allowed to post the link to an article (not from the Nation) in this thread as I do not want to infringe any rules ? Thank you

alyx, as long as it is not from a publication mentioned in forum rule 31 and does not otherwise violate forum rules regarding content feel free to post the title and the first few lines, followed by a link to the article.

--

Maestro

Thank you for the reply: I have checked the rules of the forum, and it seems that the article is not in contravention with the article 31 of the forum's rules

For you to rule on the matter I PM you the link

Thank you for your patience and advice

Thank you for the swift answer

The following disclaimer is attached to the article:© Copyrights 2009 – Rene Philippe Dubout – This article may be reprinted if information about the author, the websites, and the URLs remain intact.

This is an excerpt of the article written by a lawyer."This is the end of the road for Thailand Elite Scheme in Thailand. The Government has approved on Tuesday the principle of the auction and has assigned the Finance Ministry the drafting of the conditions of the Auction which should be completed within one month....."

Nothing new really but a personal opinion at the end of the article whose link is as follows

http://www.doingbusinessthailand.com/thail....html#more-1758

and I am getting an email from a limousine company and I can only think that Thailand Elite gave out my email to them, so they are no averse to releasing our contact details??

I too have been receiving unwanted spam from Limousine Thailand. My e-mail address is not usually given out - almost entirely Internet banking and Thailand Elite.

A Thai Elite member forwarded me an email from Thai Elite with hundreds of names and email addresses attached. I can only assume that each and everyone was a Thai Elite member. For a company concerned about their well healed clients privacy they are very free to empty thier data base for all to see.

and I am getting an email from a limousine company and I can only think that Thailand Elite gave out my email to them, so they are no averse to releasing our contact details??

I too have been receiving unwanted spam from Limousine Thailand. My e-mail address is not usually given out - almost entirely Internet banking and Thailand Elite.

A Thai Elite member forwarded me an email from Thai Elite with hundreds of names and email addresses attached. I can only assume that each and everyone was a Thai Elite member. For a company concerned about their well healed clients privacy they are very free to empty thier data base for all to see.

The company has already apologized. Of course members, I guess, did not apreciate but mistakes are made

Thanks for the link Scott

Of course being on the TAT would be kind of reassuring although there is no grip on such a ministry whereas on a private basis, even though some privileges were to be charged (which actually I do find quite natural as I have always considered a membership as an access to a private club where one has to pay for some services) it might be easier to be heard

I doubt anyone would take the risk to take over on such a debt so the TAT seems to be the obvisous

There is a solution though: 2.000 members x 1.000.000 baht amounts to the total debt and TEM would then be in charge (well one can dream anyway :) )

do not forget to check the TEM website too...

Edited by alyx

Just came across a bunch of papers related to the membership that I had forgotten I had

Here goes the excerpt (at least the one which will interest you the most) regarding visa privileges

"Members are entitled to stay in Thailand for the lifetime

However they will receive a free 5-year .....automatically renewed at the end of each term......

Any member who resides in Thailand for more than 90 days continuously will have their visa endorsed and extended......The member is thus not required to leave Thailand.........

Currently all foreigners who travel to Thailand are granted either a tourist or non-immigrant visa......Regardless of which category they receive, they are required to leave the country......"

but not the TEM. Of course there is also the disclaimer "that the company reserves all rights to change, limit or mofify etc...without prior notice

On the individual membership the following note is made "renewable 5 year multiple entry visa with extendable 90 day lenght of stay"

Has anyone got this in writing?

Edited by alyx

• 3 weeks later...
Just came across a bunch of papers related to the membership that I had forgotten I had

However they will receive a free 5-year .....automatically renewed at the end of each term......

Any member who resides in Thailand for more than 90 days continuously will have their visa endorsed and extended......The member is thus not required to leave Thailand.........

Currently all foreigners who travel to Thailand are granted either a tourist or non-immigrant visa......Regardless of which category they receive, they are required to leave the country......"

but not the TEM. Of course there is also the disclaimer "that the company reserves all rights to change, limit or mofify etc...without prior notice

On the individual membership the following note is made "renewable 5 year multiple entry visa with extendable 90 day lenght of stay"

I am just curious .........after paying 1 million baht for the card, do they still charge you

a 1900 baht extension fee every 90 days ?

Here goes the excerpt (at least the one which will interest you the most) regarding visa privileges

on the 5 year visa and the disclaimer "that the company reserves all rights to change, limit or mofify etc...without prior notice, this notice is for all other services apart from the visa.

i would like to say from my understanding, TEM cannot just modify or change or limit the actual visa. The 5 year visa is a law which has cabinet endorsment and has activated as a legal law through the royal gazette, so unless their is a new cabinet resolution and activation to change the visa through the royal gazette from 8 months ago then TEM wouldnt be able to change anything on the 5 year visa.

sorry if this sounds confusing but members are granted their renewals from this law on their visas

but TEM or TAT can cancel an individuals membership or refuse to produce a letter for renewals, and TEM can do what they want to all the other services with that disclaimer

now i am not sure what would happen if TEM or TAT cancelled an individuals membership or refuse to produce a letter for renewals when the law on 5 year visas from 8 months ago as stated by the sunbelt asia lawyer that renewals on these visa's will be granted for the individuals lifetime not the programmes lifetime.

Edited by humbug

Actually it has gone awfully quiet and I guess TEM cannot do anything else but waiting for next month's decision. I am pretty sure that the visa will be grandfathered (if is is not already protected by the endorsement by the actual Government- Sorry but noone has shown me the excerpt of the publication in the Royal Gazette). As for the other advantages provided by the membership I doubt they will be kept on, at least in the way they have been managed.

Edited by alyx

Not sure but I guess not

If you have read all the posts you should have an answer to your question

If interested in buying (if possible) you should wait next month to see how things turn out

Edited by alyx

Thanks Thaiphoon . Proselytism is definittly not the goal of this thread

DegenFarang, you seem to have been quite active at looking for another life (this is a reminder of some of your topics http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Israel-s-law...ip-t324302.html as well as another thread you initiated some days later, which title I cannot recall right now, and both have been closed)

No offence meant if you are genuine

Edited by alyx

Actually it has gone awfully quiet and I guess TEM cannot do anything else but waiting for next month's decision. I am pretty sure that the visa will be grandfathered (if is is not already protected by the endorsement by the actual Government- Sorry but noone has shown me the excerpt of the publication in the Royal Gazette). As for the other advantages provided by the membership I doubt they will be kept on, at least in the way they have been managed.

no one has to show you an exerpt from a royal gazzete to understand when the law was activated, around jan-april was the time that any 5 year visa renewals were having to wait for this law to be publicised and once publicised then those renewals went ahead, those members at the time in limbo were being granted special visa extensions on awaiting publiction of this law, there were quite a few posts over that time period detailing their experiences.

the point i was trying to make, if TE members will still need some sort of letter by the TAT or TE for visa renewals if the programme will be moved to TAT or will members just be able to renew their visas by themselves on the future as any customer service support will be at best poorly managed by TAT.

Actually I remember the visas had been put on hold (only 90 days at the time) to be eventually granted for a period of five years so you are certainly correct

Regarding the letter issued by TEM office I do not feel that it is an issue as it is just to make an appointment (at the beginning to set a time in order to facilitate the paperwork) but since members have been standing in a queue so I guess this is just a formality

Edited by alyx

i am not too concerned about the waiting game

i wanted to know what the experiences of any members renewing their 5 year visa, did they first have to collect a confirmation letter by TEM to take to the immigration along with their card with their photo and assistence or could they just go to immigration by themselves to renew the visa, the 90 day extensions can be done by members without any letters or assistance.

i just wanted to clarify the process if anyone has experience of this recently

Hey Hunbug

You have got two questions for two different categories

1) Addressed to TEM enrolled prior to 2005: How did they get their new 5 year Visa?

2) All TEM: do they need to contact the main office (in order to get the appointment taken) to get the extension? Of course no assistance is needed in that case

(Actually, regarding the second question, I am not sure whether you are wondering or asserting that no need to tell anyone before extending)

Regardless of the years, i wanted to know about 5 year visa renewals for all members at any year they joined, for example when first 5 year visa, a staff member will arrive at immigration to meet the individual walk into the office sit with the immigration officer, make you sign the book and then the visa will be given on to your passport.

then extensions of 90 days can be done by the individual without any assistance, you dont need anyone to meet you just to extend 90 days, you just turn up fill out the pages and pay 1900 baht wait for the return of your passport

what i wanted to know what was the experinece of members of renewing their 5 year visa

can it be renewed by just walking into immigration and asking for the renew or do immigration still want some sort of confirmation letter from TAT or TET just for beauracracy points before they grant the 5 year renew

the reason i ask if and when it may move to TAT then no one would want this process of renewing their visas to filled with minefields by poorly managed staff at TAT

Edited by humbug