Phuket Airport Parking....again

thaigerd

Arrived back from BKK last night to Phuket.

Total parking time was 36 hours. They've charged me 2 full days(400 Baht) :) .

Can they do this???

...not to mention a lovely set-up in Soi Sensabai 2 nights before:

The parking guards accused me to scratch another car....totally BS!!!

Ended up at the police station in Patong 3am.....

Gerd

If you will keep staying out in the gogo's until the wee hours Gerd! :)

Sorry to hear about your troubles - the last time I parked at the airport anything more than six hours into a new day is charged at the full day rate.

What was the outcome of the car scratching incident, did you win or was it costly?

If you will keep staying out in the gogo's until the wee hours Gerd! :D

Sorry to hear about your troubles - the last time I parked at the airport anything more than six hours into a new day is charged at the full day rate.

What was the outcome of the car scratching incident, did you win or was it costly?

No a gogos, sorry. Went back to my car at 2300hrs and the trouble began.....

These parking guards stopped my car and even tried to take out my keys.

Luckily I knew the police man who came later :) .

Gerd

Had same HKT airport parking experience a week ago, got charged full day for every day there, although it was 3-1/2 days had to pay 800 baht.

Returning from BKK where I arranged to get my new Rotty. Had to check out the sights and find Tilac is tops at Soi Cowboy, Angelwitch same at Nana Plaza.

I too arrived back from BKK on Tuesday night. The flight was late as nearly all the passengers in a full 747 had to sit on the plane for 30 to 40 minutes, before takeoff, waiting on 5 people to board. Parking time was 36 1/2 hours & paid 400 Baht. I wonder how much it would have been had the flight arrived on time & it would have been just under 36 hours. Either way it is still far more convenient for me to use my own vehicle on a short trip away.

AOT in BKK wanted to charge 1,100 Baht for limo service to Wireless Rd. As I only had a small backpack I took the airport bus for 150 Baht which dropped me off at the top of Wireless & I walked the remaining short distance to the NZ Embassy. The hotel I stayed at on Sukhumvit Soi 19 wanted 2,000 for a limo to the airport. I took a taxi.

I think this topic is nutz. It is a pure supply and demand equation for the phuket airport authority. the simple truth is that they do NOT have enough parking for the typical guest picking up people...the place is so over-run by the taxi companies, buses, rental car companies and airport authority employees that they hardly have room for "over night or long-stay" cars. Has anyone tried to park during the high season? A real pain in the butt...and even in low season it can be crowded.

Just pray that someday they enlargen the car park - like triple it size!! Then maybe prices will come down. Or, maybe someone outside will provide such service, but I doubt it, since it requires a sizable piece of land.