Big Hearted Victim Forgives Bike Thief

Rimmer

THE Pattaya Police Station recently received a report from Khun Montien Koophairod, aged 31, that his Honda CZ-I Motorbike had been stolen from opposite the Wat Chaimongkhol Temple, after he parked it and left his keys in the ignition. Police officers radioed a description of the bike to fellow officers around the town, however, with no positive results.

A few hours later, at around 1.00pm, the police received a further call from the victim to inform them that he had discovered his stolen bike parked beside the Tuk Com Building in South Pattaya, not too far from where it had been stolen from.

He informed the officers that there did not seem to be anybody with the bike, however, arriving on the scene, officers decided to give it a couple of hours, with the bike under observation, to see if anyone approached it. At around 2.30pm the officers observed a young man with a little girl dressed in a kindergarten school uniform, approach the bike and attempt to ride it away, officers quickly pounced on the young man. The terrified little girl, seeing who turned out to be her father manhandled in this way, was quite understandable distraught with the events and was crying and begging the officers not to hurt her daddy and to let him go. The police officers finally managed to calm her down and stop the crying.

The young man, Mr. Surachart Nuansantia, aged 20, confessed that he had stolen the motorbike. Earlier in the day, when he had been dropping his daughter off at school, he had passed the bike with the keys in the ignition and it had turned out to be too big a temptation. He believed that his daughter would be really excited when he picked her up after school on a motorbike.

However, after taking the bike, and fearing he would be caught, he parked the bike at the side of Tuk Com and made his way home by bus, planning to pick the bike up later in the afternoon with his daughter. He had never done anything like this in the past, it was just too big a temptation to walk past and he had wanted to please his daughter.

Hearing the confession, and the heartbreaking sobs of the young girl, the owner of the bike, after ascertaining from the police that the arrested man had no previous convictions, agreed not to press charges as he thought the young man had learned his lesson.

Never the less, officers took him back to the station and gave him a good talking too and official warning.

http://www.pattayatoday.net/

post-22250-1258636938_thumb.jpg

I am not a person who is soft on crime. If you new what I did for a living you would not question that. However, I still have a heart left. I don't have a problem with some one getting a break once under these circumstance.

Edited by philliphn