Companys That Offer To List Your Home For Free

I had some guy tell me he wanted to sell my house for me...I said Ok if you do I will give you 3% he had the nerve to laugh at me and say 5% prices went up.   What an idiot.  I know you can post stuff yourself like on thai visa but then you get even more crack pots that call or email you.....like the guy from Nigeria as many emails as I get from there you would think that the whole country is like that, but then I try to think positive about them and believe that there can really only be one barrister with money from the UN security fund who wants to be in Thailand and is willing to send me the funds if i send him some baht back.  

So I am stuck with a dliima ....use and idiot like the real estate agent or commit fraud against myself with the guy from Nigeria.

"So I am stuck with a dliima ....use and idiot like the real estate agent or commit fraud against myself with the guy from Nigeria."

I assume you mean "dilemma" - I hate to put words in your mouth - and you'd be wrong. A dilemma is a choice between two decisions, and your post gave three ideas. Regardless, it's up to you how to sell your condo, and that shouldn't require anyone from Nigeria.

Its quite simple, if you don't want pay his rates, use someone else.

I am struggling to see the Nigerian connection here... the agent is not being fraudulent. At all. You just don't want to pay his price.

like the guy from Nigeria as many emails as I get from there you would think that the whole country is like that, but then I try to think positive about them and believe that there can really only be one barrister with money from the UN security fund who wants to be in Thailand and is willing to send me the funds if i send him some baht back.

I assume you mean "dilemma" - I hate to put words in your mouth - and you'd be wrong. A dilemma is a choice between two decisions, and your post gave three ideas. Regardless, it's up to you how to sell your condo, and that shouldn't require anyone from Nigeria.

According to the Concise Oxford Dictionary a dilemma is ' a situation in which a difficult choice has to be made between two or or more alternatives'.

So apologise and go to the back of the class!

I am struggling to see the Nigerian connection here... the agent is not being fraudulent. At all. You just don't want to pay his price.

like the guy from Nigeria as many emails as I get from there you would think that the whole country is like that, but then I try to think positive about them and believe that there can really only be one barrister with money from the UN security fund who wants to be in Thailand and is willing to send me the funds if i send him some baht back.

Quicksilva, hats off to you. Some owners simply hate real estate agents becuase they need to pay a fee to sell their property. But which agent is going to work for free to sell a property. I think owners who fall in to this category must try to sell their properties without using agents or should just learn how to bite the bullet and pay the broker's fee.

The connection: I am guessing you have never put property upfor sale of any sort be a motorcycle or land.   On several occasions I have advertised itemsfor sale through the media …   It seems Ihave received these emails in which a Barrister has died and left a large sumof money and a Nigerian Gentle who is the descendent of the late late Price orDarkness or some crap like that and they would like to purchase it the propertyand would like to know if the could send me a check so I can  cash and send the difference back to them sobecause they don’t get as good exchange rate in their country or somethingstupid like that.   

you could always post it on http://www.rethai.com <-- free real estate portal. no commissions or costs, enquiries go directly to you :)

on the other hand, i hear nigeria has a space program now...

A space program huh?  they should have with all the money that is left with them by people who die in plan crashes and leaving large sums of money.  

I looked at your site I am sure it is a a nice site but my browser didn't like it and it took to long to down load so I left  

Thank you but I actually found a company that has a whole marketing campaign behind them and part of an international program that is recognized throughout the international community.  It is called 

www.byownerthailand.com  They are part of the By Owner programs.   site is simple and easy so I gave it to them .   

post-71369-1259325535.gif

• 11 months later...

Thanks guys I actually used this program called byownerthailand.com.

I did post on that Thai homes or what ever that guy said and only got real estae agents wanting to post the property on their site

This is what By owner Thailand did.

They came out and took pictures

They posted a sign with my number on it

They were clean and careful not to disturb anything in my condo.

They gave me a choice to be in a newspaper and on the website the cost was 600baht for the basic and a 1000baht for everything.

I sold my place with in two weeks.

www.byownerthailand.com

I don't mind advertising for these guys because it has been the first honest and real professional company I have dealt with in Thailand to date

I did post on that Thai homes or what ever that guy said and only got real estae agents wanting to post the property on their site

This is what By owner Thailand did.

They came out and took pictures

They posted a sign with my number on it

They were clean and careful not to disturb anything in my condo.

They gave me a choice to be in a newspaper and on the website the cost was 600baht for the basic and a 1000baht for everything.

I sold my place with in two weeks.

www.byownerthailand.com

I don't mind advertising for these guys because it has been the first honest and real professional company I have dealt with in Thailand to date

I'm glad to hear you sold your condo. I'd like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. You said there was a 600 baht basic and a 1000 baht everything option. Do you mean that the 1000 baht option included both newspaper and website? Did you choose this option? If not then did you choose the newspaper or the website? Do you know if the buyer responded to the newspaper or the website? Was the buyer a foreigner or Thai?

Forgive me if you find these questions offensive. I'm just trying to get an idea about how well website advertizing is compared to newspaper advertizing. I'm also curious whether the newspaper is in Thai or English as that would indicate the market the add was targeting.

Again, congratulations on your sale.

First let me qualify my opinion by stating that I have very limited experience with Real Estate agents in Thailand, but I have extensive experience in the industry having being a Real Estate broker with Century 21 in the US for several years.

First,There are Agents and then,there are Agents

A good real-estate agent is worth his/hers weight in gold for a variety of reasons.

First he should be able to do Comparative Market Analysis and advise you on what comparable properties are listed for, how long they stay in the market, and what Price they finally sell for. allowing you to make an educated decision. Should be able to bring you qualified buyers, present your property in a positive way, and in the end get a higher selling price.

A good Agent working with a major franchise will be networking with other Agents in his market and will be able to expose your property to a wider pool of buyers.

Commissions are negotiable to a certain degree, but consider the following. An agent working for a franchise will have to split his commission with the Office,and the Office might not get both sides of the sale,if an agent from an other office brings the buyer. So reducing the commission, reduces his ability to market your property and reduces his motivation, ( if you had 2 properties to show, one pay 3% and the other pay 5%, which will you show first?)

Bottom line a good agent with a higher Commission will sell your house faster, for a higher price. The higher selling price more than make up for the higher commission.

And that is how a good agent sells a higher commission. :)

Now the question is, how do I find a good agent? Prior performance, length of time in the industry, references, and investment are some criteria to conciser when making a decision, also if he is so unsophisticated in selling the Value of his service to you, in a such a way, that you might say, " are you sure 5% is enough, maybe we should offer 6%" How good will he be in selling your house?

I have found that the so called " free " sites get you to pay, or try to by withholding the full email addresses from the people that contact you. I have tried a few. Every month or so I get a couple of replies to my add and they always end with please contact me on my private email etc. of course I can only do this by " Upgrading " to the Gold package. The one time I did this all I got was heaps of spam.

www.byownerthailand.com

In Bangkok they only have 1 condo for sale (at least the condo only costs "3Baht")

And none in Pattaya?

Maybe I don't understand, but when I click on the Condo tab at the top of the page I get a listing of condos that is 4 pages long that include several condos in both Bangkok and Pattaya. Are you looking for condos in specific locations of Bangkok and Pattaya?

www.byownerthailand.com

In Bangkok they only have 1 condo for sale (at least the condo only costs "3Baht")

And none in Pattaya?

Maybe I don't understand, but when I click on the Condo tab at the top of the page I get a listing of condos that is 4 pages long that include several condos in both Bangkok and Pattaya. Are you looking for condos in specific locations of Bangkok and Pattaya?

Yes, I was using the search function to only look at condos in South Pattaya.

Maybe it's the search function that doesn't work?

Search is broken then, and even when viewing the "4 pages" or Condos i count a whooping 3 Condos for sale in Bangkok, and of which only 1 has all the required info filled (apparently there are a lot of Condos in Thailand which have 0 bedrooms and 0 bathrooms, and cost only 3 baht.)

It blows my mind that people claim to have actually paid money to list their property on this site?

Search is broken then, and even when viewing the "4 pages" or Condos i count a whooping 3 Condos for sale in Bangkok, and of which only 1 has all the required info filled (apparently there are a lot of Condos in Thailand which have 0 bedrooms and 0 bathrooms, and cost only 3 baht.)

It blows my mind that people claim to have actually paid money to list their property on this site?

Yes this website has some significant issues. Some of the listing are OK but like you say some are far from complete. I wonder what newspaper they claim to advertise in and whether the OP sold his condo from that as opposed to the website.

The connection: I am guessing you have never put property upfor sale of any sort be a motorcycle or land.   On several occasions I have advertised itemsfor sale through the media …   It seems Ihave received these emails in which a Barrister has died and left a large sumof money and a Nigerian Gentle who is the descendent of the late late Price orDarkness or some crap like that and they would like to purchase it the propertyand would like to know if the could send me a check so I can  cash and send the difference back to them sobecause they don’t get as good exchange rate in their country or somethingstupid like that.   

I guess you never used a temporary email address for this purpose. :)

Just create a hotmail/yahoo or whatever email address for the single purpose of selling something online.

And its fun keeping nigerian scammers on the hook for as long as possible.

And its fun keeping nigerian scammers on the hook for as long as possible.

I had one recently going for couple months.....it was supposedly a Scottish based scammer and I eventually got him to send me a photo of himself holding up a hand written sign saying 'I can confirm i am the hotel chef and I have sheeps testicles'......twas fun

First let me qualify my opinion by stating that I have very limited experience with Real Estate agents in Thailand, but I have extensive experience in the industry having being a Real Estate broker with Century 21 in the US for several years.

First,There are Agents and then,there are Agents

A good real-estate agent is worth his/hers weight in gold for a variety of reasons.

First he should be able to do Comparative Market Analysis and advise you on what comparable properties are listed for, how long they stay in the market, and what Price they finally sell for. allowing you to make an educated decision. Should be able to bring you qualified buyers, present your property in a positive way, and in the end get a higher selling price.

A good Agent working with a major franchise will be networking with other Agents in his market and will be able to expose your property to a wider pool of buyers.

Commissions are negotiable to a certain degree, but consider the following. An agent working for a franchise will have to split his commission with the Office,and the Office might not get both sides of the sale,if an agent from an other office brings the buyer. So reducing the commission, reduces his ability to market your property and reduces his motivation, ( if you had 2 properties to show, one pay 3% and the other pay 5%, which will you show first?)

Bottom line a good agent with a higher Commission will sell your house faster, for a higher price. The higher selling price more than make up for the higher commission.

And that is how a good agent sells a higher commission. :)

Now the question is, how do I find a good agent? Prior performance, length of time in the industry, references, and investment are some criteria to conciser when making a decision, also if he is so unsophisticated in selling the Value of his service to you, in a such a way, that you might say, " are you sure 5% is enough, maybe we should offer 6%" How good will he be in selling your house?

Well put. I'm also in the RE biz in the US, and have bought and sold many properties for myself. If the market is hot, like it was in Vegas several years ago, you can put a post-it note on your mailbox that your house is for sale and in a few days time, it would be! In today's market, forget even trying to sell it. Extremely difficult. And that's where a good agent comes into play. In a tough market like this one, you need the best you can find.

I sold 2 houses in California. One during a hot market, and used a "sell it yourself" agency. Worked great, sold the house for more than what I was asking within 3 weeks.

My next house was sold at pretty much the worse time imaginable. No offers for months, dropped the price 2 times, re-landscaped, painted, etc...nothing worked. So, I got my agent to bring the local real estate caravan over and offered a trip for 2 to Hawaii. Hotel, airfare and spending money were included. I had it sold the next week at full price.

Sometimes it is true that you get what you pay for....

• 4 weeks later...

I was cought in that same visious ring with another web site. www.byownerthailand.com doesn't do that. You get all the information you want from the homeowner and vice versa.

I have found that the so called " free " sites get you to pay, or try to by withholding the full email addresses from the people that contact you. I have tried a few. Every month or so I get a couple of replies to my add and they always end with please contact me on my private email etc. of course I can only do this by " Upgrading " to the Gold package. The one time I did this all I got was heaps of spam.

"So I am stuck with a dliima ....use and idiot like the real estate agent or commit fraud against myself with the guy from Nigeria."

Well I don't know about that......they make great salesman. The never give up.....They lie with breaking a sweat.......They maintain their cool even when the going gets tuff.

If I had a car lot, I would hire all Nigerians as the used car salemen.

The estate agents do not charge to list your property, they only charge when they find a buyer for you so their claims are not fraudulent.

Actually, I just came back from Canada and decided to buy a small place at Jomtien. I used by owner Thailand's web site and found a place right away after I sent him an email he sent me key information that helped me work my way through some loops I had.