D-tracker / Klx 125's

LivinLOS

Not my pics BTW full credit should go to Moto-Rex on GT-R..

Picture009.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Gone very quiet Richard ??

Personally I think these look fun, I mean its only a round towner or toy but if they do something about the 'less than a wave' performance, and I am sure Thai modders will.. Then it looks like a fun little thing. If people can stunt 'fiddys' I see no reason why one of these wouldnt be a good plaything to fall off :)

He LivinLOS,

Sorry, you where 100% right, I'm not afraid to say that.

But you also have to agree with me that a 10 horsepower 125cc motorcycle will have a hard time to compete on the Thai market. Some 125cc underbone bikes produce more horsepower for less out of the wallet. Especially when in the same price range you can have motorcycles which produce 16 horsepower or up....

Source: http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/D-TRACKER125

Edited by Richard-BKK

If we compare the KLX125, D-tracker 125 to a "budget" Honda Wave 125i, the Honda Wave costing almost 50% of the Kawasaki producing in stock the same amount of power... How does the new 125cc from Kawasaki perform against the Yamaha Spark 135i, Honda CBR150R, or the Kawasaki ZX130 which all produce much more horses, an all cost remarkable less... Even the Honda CBR125Ri, the expected replacement for the CBR150, is pumping out near the same performance as the 150cc Honda CBR150R (15hp) while prices will be similar...(rumors)...

Lets not forget how does the 125cc Kawasaki's stand-up against newcomers, like Zongshen Ryuk Fly150, Lifan LF200GY, and Lifan LF250GY which all fight for the same niche market.

Edited by Richard-BKK

The Kawasaki KLX125 and D-Tracker 125 are will not be introduced in Thailand, they purely European models - for the 125cc learning limitations - the price in Europe is similar what we in Thailand pay for a KLX/D-Tracker 250cc. So with import taxes, the bikes are not made in Thailand... you end up with something very special what looks like the Kawasaki 250cc models but performs like a 125cc, while costing twice the price... how cool is that???

Thanks for reminding us yet again of how clueless you really are :D:D:):D

But you also have to agree with me that a 10 horsepower 125cc motorcycle will have a hard time to compete on the Thai market. Some 125cc underbone bikes produce more horsepower for less out of the wallet. Especially when in the same price range you can have motorcycles which produce 16 horsepower or up....

I fully agree... The Thai emissions regs mean we have a 110cc KSR with pretty much the same grunt for a lot less money.. But the Thai modders take a 9hp ksr and make a 22 hp machine out of them.. I hope that they take to the 125's in the same way (tho suspect FI is going to make it more complex) also dont forget this model comes in 140cc and 150cc variants so they may be able to go via that route.

If they somehow make this machine to have 15 - 20 hp even if it cost a bit, I would be tempted as my 'run to the pub' bike.. My mate has a klx 140 that hes done a carb and pipe change and that seems like enough for mild fun.. I dont want a full size d tracker here (tho up north a klx makes far more sense for a full size kinda guy like me) but here the ksr is the 'hot' fashionable bike for thais.. Even the better off bar brass all have them, its all great PR and brand loyalty for Kwaker, I cant help but love the fact they are pushing the Thai scene (and wonder if I will have a chance on a z1000 this year ??)

If the ksr modding scene is anything to go by, this will be another good base model that Thai kids can progress and work with..

Hi LivinOS,

Can you confirm that the KLX125 engine is a down-graded KLX140, if so I can offer 160cc big-bore sets for the KLX125 and D-Tracker 125. Down-side is that it involves a carburettor and very likely need to tweak the engine electronics (I will look into that).

The price of the complete bore-up kit, including complete cylinder-head assembly (performance camshafts, etc..) cost around 19,000 Baht. And pushes the KLX140 to around 16 horsepower.

post-12170-1264557853_thumb.jpg

Edited by Richard-BKK

No only the crankcase looks the same, the stroke is also identical. So it is likely that the 160cc bore-up kit fits on the KLX/D-Tracker 125 - only need to figure out to convert from ECU to carburettor - or look if it is possible to modify the injection system...

Now in stock in Surat Kawa dealer but my staff didn't ask exact price when they called today, was previously told would be 83,300 Baht?

I visited the Surat dealer a few days ago and sticker price for the KLX125 was 83,000 Baht there. Didn't pay too much attention to the bike as I was looking for the 140 which they don't have in stock 'till March!

Couldn't leave empty handed so ordered a Ninja 650 :) which they actually have in stock, all colours.

Expect some hard competition coming up.

Friend of mine spoke with the main person at Suzuki in Bangkok, and they are definitely planning to bring in (or assemble locally) the enduro DRZ model, both in 250 and 400CC versions.

They are trying to be able to price the 400 at the 250,000 Baht mark.

And just like the KLX you can easily make it either in enduro or supermoto version.

Moto version is called DRM400, a really nice bike.

Monty, any news if and when they gonna be available in LOS ? Thinking of getting a D-Tracker but if the DRM is coming up will delay a bit and get it instead...

If we compare the KLX125, D-tracker 125 to a "budget" Honda Wave 125i, the Honda Wave costing almost 50% of the Kawasaki producing in stock the same amount of power... How does the new 125cc from Kawasaki perform against the Yamaha Spark 135i, Honda CBR150R, or the Kawasaki ZX130 which all produce much more horses, an all cost remarkable less... Even the Honda CBR125Ri, the expected replacement for the CBR150, is pumping out near the same performance as the 150cc Honda CBR150R (15hp) while prices will be similar...(rumors)...

Lets not forget how does the 125cc Kawasaki's stand-up against newcomers, like Zongshen Ryuk Fly150, Lifan LF200GY, and Lifan LF250GY which all fight for the same niche market.

You keep talking about this bikes, but till now I could not find any of them. So who is selling them? :)

anyone know if they make off road tyers for d tracker 250,maybe not as rims are very wide?

Up here in Chiang Mai I searched and searched for dual sport tires for my D-Tracker 250. Rear tires were available (Dunlop 405s) but nothing suitable for the front. Eventually I gave up & stuck with the stock tires.

As for the D Tracker 125, I saw my first one on the road this morning. I have to say I wan't impressed. The 3/4 size doesn't work for me - too big to look like a cool toy bike (ala KSR) & too small to take seriously as a regular bike. With the weak sound & small wheels I thought it came across as a lame effort on Kawasaki's part. I'm very happy with my 250 though.

will buy the 250 gteat bike,but would like to find some off road wheels and tyers!

Piece of cake- just buy the wheels from the KLX250 and then you'll have plenty of tire choices. (The KLX 250 is the same engine and frame as the D-Tracker 250 but with different gearing and jacked up suspension). If you are looking to put dirt tires on a D-tracker why not just get a KLX? If you want to use the KLX for urban riding get a set of D-Tracker wheels and you've got two bikes in one.

Ride On!

Tony

I've decided on a 250 D Tracker as I will mainly be doing road riding but as I'm tall (191cm) I think I'd prefer the extra height of the KLX. Can anyone with experience of both bikes say whether the height difference is noticeable? Or how about setting the suspension of the D Tracker to a heavier rider, 100kg instead of my 90kg? I guess that would reduce the sag when I was riding it but would it cause any problems? I've even thought about putting D Tracker wheels on a KLX, I know the KLX suspension is different to accommodate off-road riding, if the KLX was used as a road bike would the off-road suspension settings be a problem?

Sorry for so many questions, it will be my first 'real' bike and I want to make the right choice!

I've decided on a 250 D Tracker as I will mainly be doing road riding but as I'm tall (191cm) I think I'd prefer the extra height of the KLX. Can anyone with experience of both bikes say whether the height difference is noticeable? Or how about setting the suspension of the D Tracker to a heavier rider, 100kg instead of my 90kg? I guess that would reduce the sag when I was riding it but would it cause any problems? I've even thought about putting D Tracker wheels on a KLX, I know the KLX suspension is different to accommodate off-road riding, if the KLX was used as a road bike would the off-road suspension settings be a problem?

Sorry for so many questions, it will be my first 'real' bike and I want to make the right choice!

I see you're in "northern Thailand", so why not rent both bikes in Chiang Mai to get a good feel for both before you buy?

I probably will although I'm pretty sure already that I'll go with the D Tracker. I'm just trying to think of ways to keep the bike as tall as possible and wanted the opinion of experienced bikers. I will probably just ask them to set the suspension for someone heavier than I am, I'm guessing that would keep the sag to a minimum but could that cause any problems? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I probably will although I'm pretty sure already that I'll go with the D Tracker. I'm just trying to think of ways to keep the bike as tall as possible and wanted the opinion of experienced bikers. I will probably just ask them to set the suspension for someone heavier than I am, I'm guessing that would keep the sag to a minimum but could that cause any problems? Thanks

Rode them both at Rama 9 this weekend (if you can call going round the car park 'riding') - didn't seem to be much difference in the height; think I'd go for the KLX if I was to buy - seemed to have a little more grunt, not that that's saying much. I'm about your height / weight, too. I'd worry more about the off-road tires rather than the suspension settings if you plan on riding mainly on tarmac. That said, the off-road tires do make it a bit easier to get up on the pavement when you're stuck in BKK traffic :)

In CMai the price of the 2010 K 250 D Tracker is to be B149,900 plus B2600 extra for the all-black version. New 2010 models are expected any day now. Call Kkun Nopparat at 053 201 509. I'm for the all black 250 Tracker. :)

In CMai the price of the 2010 K 250 D Tracker is to be B149,900 plus B2600 extra for the all-black version

Extra Baht for the black version? That sounds like an attempt at squeezing more money out of a farang to me. I bought my black D Tracker from Sanchai in Chiang Mai a year ago & both colors were the same price.

• 8 months later...

The Kawasaki KLX125 and D-Tracker 125 are will not be introduced in Thailand, they purely European models - for the 125cc learning limitations - the price in Europe is similar what we in Thailand pay for a KLX/D-Tracker 250cc. So with import taxes, the bikes are not made in Thailand... you end up with something very special what looks like the Kawasaki 250cc models but performs like a 125cc, while costing twice the price... how cool is that???

Not sure what you mean; I have seen these bikes all over Bangkok for months now. 80-85k is pretty much on par with local prices as compared to KSR's, CBR's etc. A little pricey but not over the top.