Do You Believe This Quote From Stickman Is True?

vrsushi

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am 65, retired and unfortunately I don't have the time or inclination to be bored.

Thailand is a beautiful country and now I have the time to look around at it.

I have a motorcycyle and a wife who is quite happy for me to go off on my own for a few days as in her words "you have worked hard all your life, now enjoy the rest of it".

Sorry UG, Stickman is not 100% correct nor I suspect from the people that I know anywhere that figure.

TOTALY disagree.

Many expats here have busineses but are classed as early retirees,as they are no where near 65.I retired here at 49 so would you guys prefer to do that with the risk of being bored some days.Just having a 10k walk can be so refreshing instead of that dreaded word,work.

Stickmans weekly column for me is a must read,very informative,also the readers submissions are also a great way of learning about Thailand.Below is a recent 'Green star' submission,a great read,and oh so very true.

[no urls in posts, please]

Enjoy.

PST.

Edited by Ijustwannateach
[No urls in posts, please - IJWT]

Another sad, bitter expat, who's dissatisfied with his lot, trying to feel better by pretending everyone else is as screwed up as he is. I guess he can take comfort in the equally sad individuals who agree with him.

wow

Have you ever thought about getting a job as a mind reader,you sound pretty good at it.

A wise guy who dosent get taken for a mug by Thai prostitutes,and is willing to share this information with other individuals who wont be taken for a ride by Thai prostitutes.

Hats off to stickman for covering all Thai related subjects (not just bar subjects) so well.

No wonder his readership is increasing weekly.

PST.

A wise guy who dosent get taken for a mug by Thai prostitutes,and is willing to share this information with other individuals who wont be taken for a ride by Thai prostitutes.

Hats off to stickman for covering all Thai related subjects (not just bar subjects) so well.

PST.

I find it amazing that people are taken for a mug unless they read some trash by Stickman.I also find it amazing that only thai prostitute take farang for ride lol.

Another sad, bitter expat, who's dissatisfied with his lot, trying to feel better by pretending everyone else is as screwed up as he is. I guess he can take comfort in the equally sad individuals who agree with him.

wow

Have you ever thought about getting a job as a mind reader,you sound pretty good at it.

What do you mean? Looking out my window right now I can not see a single expat, whether retired, bored or in or out of his mind. Surely I could see at least one if the country were full of them? By the way, none of my expat friends are retired or constantly bored, although a few are out of their minds. I put it to you that the statement has been disproved. It is a lie.

PST.

I find it amazing that people are taken for a mug unless they read some trash by Stickman.I also find it amazing that only thai prostitute take farang for ride lol.

I've never been taken for a mug by anybody,before or after reading stickman.

But thanks for your input.

PST.

If I were a young man and had to think about earning a living, I think I'd be suicidal. I put in my time and I was well ready to relax with no schedule to keep.

Unfortunately I have a number of projects started and rarely get any of them finished. I will say that when I lived in a condo, I was somewhat bored. Since moving upcountry, having plenty of land to grow anything I want, and being able to play with a tractor, I am happy. A large well equipped workshop is also great to have.

I do have many things I should do, but nothing I can't put off until tomorrow, or next week, or next month.

Anyone reading Stickman must be bored :)

…or very new and inexperienced. :D

Disagree,alot of the reader submissions on stickmans site are from people who have been living hear for many years,thats why they write them,so people can read and learn about their experiences.

So 'new and inexperienced' is a massive fail.

PST.

I think Stickman might be reffering only to his website visitors :) i certainly dont fit his description, im still working and far from bored or unhappy

I've never really rated stickman, to be honest, i find his stories to be somewhat bitter and they sound exaggerated (this is my opinion only)

Disagree,alot of the reader submissions on stickmans site are from people who have been living hear for many years,thats why they write them,so people can read and learn about their experiences.

So 'new and inexperienced' is a massive fail.

^Absolute rubbish,

Stickman articles and reader submissions give an extremely warped perspective of life in Thailand. A perspective of someone who's life revolves entirely around the bar scene and the type of people who work in them.

Anyone who thinks otherwise IS that someone or is too new here to know otherwise, anyone who doesn't live that sort of life knows this all too well.

Edited by madjbs